"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special Episode on MSV in "RASIGAN" Prog on Kalaig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Special Episode on MSV in "RASIGAN" Prog on Kalaig Reply with quote

Hi All,

Greetings!

As you all may be aware, there is a prog "Rasigan", telecast every Sunday from 11 AM to 12 Noon on "Kalaignar" TV. Each episode is on an important film personality. The prog is compered by the Radio Ceylon fame Mr Abdul Hameed.

I am happy to inform you all that for the 50th special episode, they aptly chose our great MSV. My daughter, Ms Mathangi, made it a point to participate in this episode and visited Chennai from Mumbai. The episode was shot on 20th March and MM arrived well before the start of the shooting. My daughter as a sepcial case was allowed to meet Him and to my pleasant shock & thrill she connected me over phone to the Legend and I was simply delighted to speak to Him for a few mts (unfortunately, due to official commitments I could not go and attend the shooting).

After the felicitation and questions asked at Him by the 4 participating teams, the Legend had to leave. My daughter expressed her disappointment that the Master is leaving without listening to her singing. She asked Him if she can come to His residence and sing in front of Him. He was so kind to immediately agree. Accordingly, Mathangi visited the Legend's house, spent about half an hour with Him and sang in front of Him and received the Master's appreciation and asirvatham.

In the "Rasigan" prog, Mathangi sang "Maalaip Pozhudhin Mayakkathiley Naan" (the golden composition of our Master for "Baagyalakshmi" sung by PS) and received high appreciation from Mr Abdul Hammed and the special invitee Lyricist Mr Pulamai Pithan. Mr P'Pithan got very emotional after hearing the singing that he commented "indha ponnu yen ponna irukkak koodadhannu yengugiren". In the end, my daughter's team were the winners.

Please watch out for this special episode which is likely to be telecast towards end April.

Regards,

Venu Soundar,
Mumbai[b][/b]
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venu,
I also participated in this programme which would be the 52nd week programme. I saw Ms. Mathangi participatiing the 50th and 51st week progr shooting in which she sung the song 'Malai Pozhudhin Mayakkathile'.

In fact Mr. Pulamaipithan who was the special guest for the prog was so impressed that he wished Ms. Mathangi could be his daughter. She struggled to sing the song Malligai En Mannan. But that was not her fault. The problem was as the song itself is compsoed in the higher sthayi the orchestra were playing in a high shruthi not proper for Ms. Mathanki's voice. But later they realised that and changed the shrudhi when she was able to sig perfectly.

regards,

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Viswanathan Paadal Enum Pothiniley...... Reply with quote

Dear Mr Murali,

Sorry for the delay in reply. Glad to note that you participated in the 52nd episode of "Rasigan". Was it also on MSV? Please clarify and if so, what was your role in the prog. I am curious to know.

I am happy to hear from you that Mr Pulamai Pithan was very impressed with my daughter Mathangi's singing. But I would like to know your personal opinion.

By the way, 3-4 days back there was on interview of YGM in Kalaignar TV. As we all know, YGM is a great fan of our Master. He said he got an interest to play percussion instruments only after attending the Legend's stage shows and seeing artistes like Gopalakrishnan (Bangos) & Noel Grant (Drums) perform. He also quoted the poem "Senthamizh Nadennum Pothiniley....." and said it should be changed as "Viswanathanin Paadal Ennum Pothiniley Inbath Theyn Vandhu Paayuthu Kaadhiniley".

At the same time, in the prog called "Thirumbip Paarkireyn" on Jaya TV (which is from Mon to Fri, when some film personality goes down memory lane - it is an interesting prog), last week it was the turn of actor/producer K Balaji, who produced so many films with Sivaji as hero and except for 3-4 films, the music score for all those movies were by our Master, starting from "Thangai" and including "En Thambi", "Thirudan", "Raaja", "Engirundho Vandhal", "Needhi" and many more. Shockingly, Mr Balaji didn't make even a small mention about the great MSV without whose music his movies would never have been such hits. Probably, Mr Balaji "muzhuvadhumaaga thirumbip paarkkavillai" enru ninaikkireyn.

Regards,

Venu Soundar
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venu,
The programme I participated was also about MSV. In fact I understand that it is only for MSV that the programme goes for 3 sundays. For rest of all it is maximum 2 sundays. Out of 3 sunday programmes 2 are a continous programme with the same participants in which your daughter participated. The third sunday programme is different in which I participated. I did not get oppurtunity to sing as I could not give audition test before.

How ever I was able to sing the tune of TKR'S 'Kakidha oodam' as asked by Mr. Abdul Hameed.

I was sitting in the visitors row in the 2 week programme in which your daughter partcipated. She sang well the song 'malai pozhudin mayakkathile'

Regards,

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mr Murali for the delay in my response. I couldn't access MSV Times for last few days due to hectic schedule.

Noted your participation in Episode No.3 of MSV special. For ARR also they came out with 3 episodes. How come "Kakitha Odam" came up (which was composed by TKR) in the exclusive MSV special?

I am glad to hear from your mouth that my daughter sang well. Thanks.

Cheers!

Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: MSV Special in "RASIKAN" programme of Kalaignar TV Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

The special episodes on MSV in the "RASIKAN" programme on "KALAIGNAR TV" are commencing tomorrow. Actually, tomorrow will be the 49th episode, where our friend Mr NY Murali has participated.

The next two Sundays (5th & 12th July) will be the 50th & 51st episodes – again special episodes on MSV – where my daughter Mathangi has participated. The normal timing of the prog is 11 AM to 12 Noon, but tomorrow’s episode is scheduled for 9 AM. So, pls watch the special episodes on MSV.

Regards,

Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Watch MSV being felicitated in "Rasikan" prog on & Reply with quote

அன்பு நண்பர்கேள,

கைலஞர் TV-யில் வரும் "ர௪ிகன்" நிகழ்ச்சியின் 50-வது episode வரும்் ஞாயிற்றுக்கிழைம 5.7.09 அனறு ஒளிபரப்பாக உள்ளது. இது நமது MSV பற்றிய ௪ிறப்பு episode no.2 ஆகும். இதில் ெதாடக்கத்தில் MSV அவர்கள் ெகளரவிக்கப்படுகிறார். 5-ந்் ேததி காைல 9 முதல் 10 மணி வைர ஒளிபரப்பாக உள்ளது. காணத்்தவராதிர்கள். இதில் எனது இரண்டாவது ெபண் ெசல்வி மாதங்கியும் பங்கு ெகாண்டு MSV-யின் one of the all time best பாடலான "மாைலப் ெபாழூதின் மயக்கத்திேல" (பாக்யலக்ஷ்மி) பாடைலப் பாடியுள்ளாள்.

இந்த MSV பற்றிய சிறப்பு episode அடுத்த ஞாயிற்றுக்்கிழைமயும் (12.7.09) ெதாடரூம்.

வணக்கங்களுடன்,

அன்பன் ேவணு ெசளந்தர்
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: