"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Humming bird B. Vasantha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Humming bird B. Vasantha Reply with quote

Dear friends,
She is one singer in Tamil films who is widely listened and hardly remembered. She started with a bang in the film Thaayae Unakkaaga (md: kvm) with the song Yaesunadar paesinal. But she became the humming queen for MSV. Pottu vaittha mugamo, Irandil ondru are a few examples. But her rendering of the song "Ponnaana Ullam Punnaagumendru kannaana kannae bayam vaendaam" is one among the best by our master. This song is from the film Iru Veedugal. But the best is still forgotten - Ellorkkum vaendum nalla manadu from the film Meendum Vaazhvaen. Produced by Irani Films starring Ravichandran. This is an action film and the bgm by our master needs thorough analysis which might need a separate thread. Coming to this song, this one is a slow and melodious song from otherwise all action songs from this film. The lyrics, the tune, the bgm, every thing goes hand in hand with the song with an outstanding result. I do not know I many of our MSV fans would remember this song. If chance is there, this song could be uploaded for the benefit of all our fellow MSVians.
V. Raghavendran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ragasudha,

You are correct. I have downloaded the song from Cooltoad.com a better quality. Members are requested to hear the song, though it is not popular (unheard).

As we have been discussing earlier even how many MSV fans would have heard the songs sung by Pushpalatha from the films. Rajapart Rangadurai and Manidaril Manikkam.

There are many number of unheard melodies from the Giant which could be played in a hall to all MSV fans once a month at a nominal fee (not > Rs. 100) and enjoy the evening followed by discussions, views etc.

sabesan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musical discussion , on MSvs songs , this idea is already mooted by our friend murali , and as per his planning , the first such of musical bonaza , would happen in april , probably by 14 - if the suitable hall is got
i welcome , other members feed back on this to make the idea a great success .
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Singers Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

The idea of a few musical evenings along with substantiaing discussions is a sensible way of propagating the glories of MSV. What is even more important is to 'document' those programmes and discussions. It can help the archives and also 'material for marketing' through channels and the proceeds could be apportioned between the organizational expenses and the legend himself. On and off, the recordings must include well-known personalities from lyricists, singers, members of orchestra and a few Directors and MDs to make the item readily marketable. All these can be thought of if the personalities are ready to partake at a nominal fee. Lot of planning would be required to make it a viable proposition. These are some random thoughts of mine to help the common cause. If I am wrong, please pardon me.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: