"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sambho Siva Sambho !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram
Welcome back after the hiatus. Your posting certainly does kindle one's thoughts about the inner sense of the song. It is indeed an amazing effort to go to the extra mile or think beyond the normal process of just "listening" the songs and your posting is commendable and is completely in line with the above. It is yet another song where both Kavignar and MSV has proved to be a unique daring combo, as you rightly mention (Gandharva Thozhan).

The crux of your point is clearly proven by MSV in the interlude. Though the song itself gives a mystic feel, MSV gives the mortal feeling with the usage of electric guitar and drums in the first part of the interlude while the flute and the percussion arrangement in the second of the lude gives the immortal feeling to the listener thus proving what KD had to impart through his lyrics...

More importantly, it was really fortunate that our master sang this song as he could bring the exact emotion that he would want to as a composer.

Perhaps, this is one (or the only) song where he may not have used his harmonium during the recording (or at least the sound of his harmonium is not audible), which otherwise can be clearly heard in all the other songs.

Expecting more such posts...

MSV Rules
Venkat
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand comeback Hey Ram Very Happy though I am not entitled to this comment Crying or Very sad I have been a major defaulter .

Dont judge Kavignar by this song only Laughing He has also written Idhu malai nerathu mayakkam ! where he is totally philosophical.
Also remember Partha pasumaram..paduthukitta nedumaram !
wherein he has pumped loads of thathuvams.

Coming to the song of the day.... Jaya TV Hariyudan Naan recently had this song when KB - MSV where present and KB was showering accolades on MSV recollecting that the title was supported by Idhu Oru innisai mazai !
I was one of those thrilled fans when the songs were aired first. An unforgettable moment in 1979 when song after song from NI used to be played in AIR and we were breaking our heads to pick the best one !
Each one had their likes . Some friends chose Namma ooru singari , some Engeyum eppodhum ( incidentally this was also sung in Jaya tv ).

I will have another post to write about the song .
Smile
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

டியர் ராம்,

நீண்ட நாட்களுக்குப்பிறகு ஒரு அருமையான பாடலோடு வந்திருக்கிறீர்கள். 'ஜெகமே தந்திரம் சுகமே மந்திரம்' பாடலை அலசி ஆராய்ந்து விட்டீர்கள். மிக அருமை.

கவியரசர் கண்ணதாசனின் பாடல் வரிகளை திருப்பி திருப்பிப் படிக்க புதுப்புது அர்த்தங்கள் வந்துகொண்டேயிருக்கும். அது அவருடைய தனிச்சிறப்பு. இப்பாடலில் இவ்வளவு வாழ்க்கைத்தத்துவங்கள் அடங்கியுள்ளன என்பதே நீங்கள் இப்போது சொன்னபிறகுதான் ரொம்ப பேருக்கு தெரியவரும்.

வாழ்த்துக்கள்.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram,
What a song to launch and write about! This new philosophical dimension of the song is not so easily felt by all. Adding to the mystic touch is the master's voice. There was an air of mystery shrouding this song when we used to hear this during the release of the film NI. Somehow, I could manage to see this film then as a schoolboy, and was so thrilled by MM's singing for Rajinikanth. This was and has been my favourite song of this movie. But, now the added new dimension by you will make me listen more carefully!
Thanks for this treatise!
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: