"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What an MD can do to ......... 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: What an MD can do to ......... 2 Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Soon after opening the new thread, it is next to impossible to hibernate; it is not the urge to come out. It is rather the fear of getting digressed or getting slowed down as a natural process of cold storing ideas with fond hopes of writing better. So here we take a plunge into the area of study depicting the pivotol role of MSV in supporting the project by grand embellishment -so typical of him! Honestly, the perception that I try to put across dawned rather late on me [very recently] as I tried to listen to veNNira Aadai numbers one after another in a single sitting.
More awe gripped me as things unfolded before me, by a mere listening to those pieces for the nth time since my 19th year to date [ I have crossed 64].
The movie had a package of 7 songs. The break-up is 3 duets - [ PBS- SJ], [PBS- PS], [LRE- MS Raju] and 4 solo numbers to the heroine Ms JJ who was a debutant in this very movie. Of these 4 numbers, 3 have been rendered by PS and 1 by LRE. Ironically, "vA' is a colour movie of 1965 with NO DUET for the lead heroine!
In fact, JJ's movie- career began with her I song by LRE, if we go by the placement of songs in "vA".
For reasons of logic, it is profitable to segregate these numbers as 'heroine songs' and 'non-heroine' numbers. There is a valid reason for my suggesting this segregation. Such an approach helps us to identify the 'intricate home work' that has at least inwardly happened in MSV at the time that he handled this project. I hasten to add that I do not suggest any laboured , conscious effort on the part of MSV; but, certainly 'his prowess of immaculate judgment' has lent its Divine hand in the assemblage of his own concept of musical interpretation of the theme and the events there of. It could never have been a case of "happened so", if we carefully ponder over the clarity with which Shri.MSV has 'lived with the theme and the interpretations' of the movie Director. So much for now and let me assure you of some good forage in the days to come.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: