"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OUR GET TOGETHER IN SRIKUMAR'S PLACE ON 18-4-2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: OUR GET TOGETHER IN SRIKUMAR'S PLACE ON 18-4-2009 Reply with quote

Dear All.

We had a wonderful evening at Sri Kumar's place with Dinner. Thank you M/s. Srikumar and N Y Murali and their family. Lakshmi excellently played a song of MSV on the Keyboard with all the ludes.

I suggest, let our next meeting be an interesting session with analytical, emotional and celestial experience of some selected song of the great Master.

Please come out with some 10 songs of the great master and we will pass the time, analysing and enjoying only that song with minute details as far as we could. We can document our observation on the analysis of each song. By this way we can cover atleast 120 different songs of the master in a year provided if we have the meeting every month.

Srikumar, I sincerely believe that your place is ideal place for our future monthly meeting. This is my obeservance. I hope it won't be an hindrance.

If the idea is good, kindly come out with the 10 songs.

Lakshmi, hats off to your performance on Keyboard. Keep it up. Thanks to your dad NYM for the wonderful training imparted.

Regards

Sampat

S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read as "my observation"
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meeting we had on 18th at our friend Srikumar's place was well organised when compared to the earlier ones.

We coud discuss on a few songs, even repeated some to have a better emphasis on the point being highlighted.

Sampath's suggestion is good - ie to have discussion on selected 10 songs so that the treasures hidden in those will come out in the way different members see.

Sampth ! your alaapanai and carnatic redenering was superb !

Ms Lakshmi's performance on the keyboard was fabulous !!

Everyone's involvement was so intensive and as a whole we enjoyed the meet so well.

Thanks to Mr and Mrs Srikumar for all the hospitalities shown on us and thanks to Mr Murali and Malathi for coordinating this arrangement so well.

I would suggest we will meet in the house of each member in turns so that the bondage between our families too will get stronger.

Look forward to more such get-togethers with MSV (ie., his music - occasionally he himself !) occupying the centre seat !!

RAMKI

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Freinds,
Thanks for the appreciation. All credit should go to Mellisai Mannar without whom we would not have come to know each other.

As sugessted by Mr. Sampath We must discuss more about MSV's songs in each monthly meeting. As sugessted by Mr. Ramki we can have meeting in different places as per the convinence of the host.

I shall organise the next meeting during MAY in my new house to which I shall be shifting shortly.

Lakshmi says that she would play 2 new songs in every meeting she would attend so that she would learn atrleast 25 songs in a year.

Regards,

N Y MURALI
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Meetings Reply with quote

Hi,

Nice to know about the members' meeting. I only feel bad that being stationed at Mumbai, I am not in a position to be a part of such meetings.

Murali, good to know about your daughter playing MSV numbers on key-board. Convey my congrats & best wishes to her. If I am at Chennai, I can bring my daughter Mathangi (whom you have heard in "Rasigan"), who is a great fan of MSV, to render a few numbers at such meetings.

Regards,

Venu Soundar
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear meetings , discussions happening . May I have the recording pls Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: