"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are we?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Where are we? Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Our site has fallen into a slumber with nearly all members hibernating. Just to get out of the shackles of inertia , may be we start a thread, where in we recall bits of information that portray the legends' deep-valued connections in the industry just to relish the beauty of 'give and take' - a phenomenon of the bygone golden era of TFM. Just think over.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor and friends,
It is a kind of a strange silence that has overpowered our forum, of course. But, I did not want to write this as it would perhaps sound immature on my part considering my level of experience (or inexperience) before such learned seniors and experienced elders like you. Therefore, I thought it would be better to continue the writing on MM, at least on some aspects eventhough it might have sounded or be sounding repetitive or even like a soliloquy, every now and then! But the idea was to keep up some momentum, taking up some rare songs, or some unique aspects of MM's creations or his chosen singers to sustain some spirit. However, MM or discussion on him is never tiring, never sounds boring, always stays fresh in all our minds. Probably, some of us are or were batting at the fag end of the first innings like night watchmen or the tailenders. Now our Professor has begun the next innings!! Let us all hope for some more brilliant centuries from the learned ones.

It would be nice to hear from some very senior members also whose writings were flooding the forum earlier with such beautiful analyses. People like me have had the fortune of reading them only after few years after they fell silent.

Awaiting more and more,
Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Kavi arasu the pioneer. Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
In an attempt to initiate new topic[s] I begin the theme "Kavi Arasu-The Pioneer". For more than one reason I call him a puoneer. Be it lyric writing / movie -making or staying anchored to his ground Kannadasan was an absolute example. He was simultaneously a prince and a pauper rolling in wealth and steep debts, neither of which influencing his attitude to life. Of course, being a professional to the core, he churned out innumerable songs portraying every situation in life purely based on a fund of experience that he had gone through in his brief life. A totally self -made man that he was, he gad the innate wisdom to locate MSV's prowess as a composer of immense potential.Why I say so?
If we look back KD MSV flourish, well before MSV broke the cordon to enter movie houses like AVM, Vijaya Vauhini, Chitralaya, Gemini and such high profile movie makers, it was KD who pinned absolute faith on MSV and whole-heartedly offered occasions through 'Malaiyitta mangai' "Sivagangai Cheemai" KaruppupaNam' and other projects.In a way it helped the moviedom to spot MSV's path-breaking styles in composition of songs, interludes and BGM in an all too new flavour so to say.
Of course, MSV grabbed the occasions with all the limbs in the sense that he chose to exhibit unabated variety much like a man possessed by the ultimate.In this game of survival by 'outwitting', KD MSV proved a deadly combination, though the line of supremacy was indeed murky for any one attempting to rate them. One can keep on narrating several instances to suggest the 'divine bond' between these two humans drawn from Sirukoodal patti and Elappulli. Certainly it was a providential dictate that the two came together in a distant land -Madras then, under circumstances that could never have been man-made.
So, friends you can add your perceptions to this, as only such instances rejuvinate our life in an otherwise drab ambience.
Warm regards Prof.K. Raman Madurai.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Sir,

What a coincidence !!

I just finished posting of gem of a Kavignar .......Irumanam konda thirumana vaazvil ....from Avargal..

I pondered on whether to post it in Song of the day group or Lyrics as I realised both the champions were giving their best in this immortal song ... Ultimately, I wanted to honour Kavignar and hence put it in Lyrics section .

The greatness of this duo is that they just had imagined a situation ( not picturised ) and created amazing songs Very Happy and today we are enjoying the speciality of this creativity visually .

True....Kavignar-MSV was a deadly combination ....Cruel destiny snatched away his life in his 50s .
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been feeling painful about the forlorn state of our site. Some people have been trying to keep it alive by occasional postings. But I think Sai Saravanan needs special mention.

Hats off to you Sai for your indomitable spirit in pouring out your feelings about various aspects of MSV's music. I have been reading them and relishing them, admiring you silently both for the depth of your postings and for your dogged perseverance in spite of an almost total lack of response. I myself am guilty of not having responded to your postings mainly because I couldn't have written more than a couple of words like, 'very good,' 'excellent' etc, given my limited prowess to dwell on the components of MSV's music except for making superficial comments. Please keep your flow going, assured that quite a few people read and relish your postings.

Professor has taken the initiative yet another time to infuse some fresh energy into the forum. I hope his efforts will elicit a resounding response this time.

Writing about the Kavignar-Mellisai Mannar combination will be a passionate exercise for the writers and pleasurable experience for the readers. Even many many years ago, I had discovered that listening to Kavignar's songs in MSV's music was the ultimate bliss for me. perhaps, I will venture to write more on this later but as of now I feel overwhelmed by the stupendousness of the task.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very beautiful timelessness is what comes to my mind when I read the first message from Professor on Kannadasan-MM combination. There were colourful varieties in their approach to every situation and need in a film. Superior poetry encompassing description of the nature, human tendencies, philosophy, valour, tragedy, comedy, dance, society, drama, history, mythology, religion, love, advice, and many many more. But, Kannadasan stood ready for every occasion demanded by the movie makers, and the ones which he wrote on demand from our MM were unique and memorable indeed. The teasing 'Vaan nilaa' comes to my mind as I write this, as all of us know of the challenge playfully posed by MM giving birth to one such marvels in Tamil cinema. He accommodated himself to every situation as it unfolded whether he possessed money or not. This combination, and more so, the personality of this legendary poet and his creations are well written in golden letters already in Tamil cinema. Professor has nicely mentioned that he virtually gave us all the prize of a Mellisai Mannar from a little person called MSV!

Thanks for the opportunity, and thanks for the inspiration from Rengaswami sir,
Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: KD-MSV Combo Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
The relative ease with which people feel free to express themselves on the above topic enthuses me as well to come out with some pieces [despite the popularity of those instances] merely because there is delight to every one alike. However, in order that the thread does not get bogged down, I intend opening a separate thread after I reach Mumbai 2 days hence. The idea is, the thread will be a fitting domain instead of a mix-up of varied items.
Thank you all for the quick response -as it is a true tonic to spirits.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்பான புரொபசர் அவர்களே, எழுத்து வற்றிப்போய், சாய் சரவணன், பாலாஜி, ரங்கசாமி போன்ற சில நண்பர்களின் உதவியால் நீர்க்கசிவுடன் இருந்த நம் தளம் தங்களது இப்புதிய தலைப்பால் பேரூற்றாக மாறி பலர் தாகம் தீர்க்கவேண்டும் ! கவியரசரும், மெல்லிசைமன்னரும் இறைவனால் இப்புவிக்கு கவிதை/இசைத்தொண்டாற்ற அனுப்பப்பட்ட கந்தர்வர்கள் என்பது என் ஆணித்தனமான உள்ளுணர்வு. இதே கருத்தை வத்ஸன் போன்ற நண்பர்களும் பல நேரங்களில் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார்கள். இவ்விருவரது எண்ணப்பரிமாற்றங்கள், மன இணைப்புக்கள் பற்றி எழுத தாங்கள் தொடங்கிய இத்தலைப்பால் தாங்கள் பெருவது பெரு மதிப்பு ! இந்நேரத்தில், கவியரசர் கவி பற்றி எம் எஸ் வி சொன்ன ஒரு விமரிசனம் இதோ ! நம் தளம் நடத்திய "வார்த்தைகள் சொல்லும் வாத்தியங்கள்" வாத்திய நிகழ்ச்சியன்று மதியம், அரங்கத்தில் பியானோ தயாரானதும், எம் எஸ் வி ஆர்மோனியத்துடன் சுருதி சேர்க்க விரும்பியதால், அவரை என் காரில் அழைத்துச் செல்லும் பாக்கியம் கிடைத்தது ! எப்போதும் போல் அவரது பாடல்கள் என் காரில் இசைத்துக்கொண்டிருந்தன. அப்போது வந்தது வாழ்க்கைப்படகு பாட்ல் ஒன்று - " தங்க மகள் வயிற்றில் பிஞ்சு மகன் உருவம் தளிராய் வளருதடி...." பாடல். இந்தப்பாடல் மிகவும் என் மனம் கவர்ந்த ஒன்று - வாழ்க்கையின் பலதருணங்களில், என் மகன்கள் பிறப்பு, என் மகனின் மகன் பிறப்பு நேரத்தில் பலமுறை தொடர்ந்து கேட்டு மகிழ்ந்த பாடல். காரில் செல்லும்போது, நான் பாடலை ரசித்துக்கோண்டு, அவர் ரசிப்பதை ஓரக்கண்ணால் ரசித்துக்கொண்டே ஓட்டிக்கொண்டிருந்தேன். பாடலின் ஒரு இடத்தில், அந்த வரியைததிரும்பப் போடும்படி எம் எஸ் வி சொன்னார். போட்டேன். கேட்டு உடன் சொன்னார் : "ராம்கி, இந்த இடத்தில் கவிஞரின் கவி நயத்தைப் பார்த்தீர்களா ? அந்த ஆள் கவித்துவத்தில் அசகாய சூரன் ! ஒரு விரசமான விஷயத்தை எவ்வளவு அழகாகச் சொல்லியிருக்கார் மனுஷன் !" என்று சொன்னவர் கண்களில் கண்ணீர்த்துளிகள் !! அவ்வரி : "... பாவை மடிமீது ஆடி விளையாட கணவன் சேயானான்.." என்பது !!! வாய்pபுக்கு நன்றி !! ராம்கி.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramki Sir , Professor and those who interact with the legend...

This has been my request for long that you all being blessed with the great opportunity to meet MSV quite regularly, pls have a casual chat with him whenever you meet him and try to extract as much information available with his limited memory today. This will be a great source of information for our website .

I had made this with Vaidy but sadly, somehow, he was not showing keen interest.

And Mr.Rahavendra, who took charge recently is not even uploading the videos or photos of the last 3 year anniversary events nor the videos of the Grand Piano concert . This really deprives outstation people like me of getting a chance to view the concluded events .

Worst thing is that the website cannot be accessed through google link !! Embarassed Shocked Unless this feature is enabled, how the webworld will come know that there is a portal for MSV ? Rolling Eyes This has been highlighted several times too. Is there any technical issue in sharing our site with the outside world ? Crying or Very sad
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji,
Your posting makes me feel. Whatever resource I get on MSV programmes/ events are immediately uploaded in our thread. I don't know if you went through the photos/ videos gallery section. Please go through it. If you still feel some thing is missing, well, we shall try to make it up.

One point I would like to insist here. I am only a co-moderator of this forum and is not been in-charge of the web site. However, I have requested the Moderator, our beloved Ram, for a sit together and discuss reg the update of our site. As soon as it is over, hope everything will be set right.

Moreover, as a co-moderator, my assignment is limited to the forum.

Regards

Raghavendran
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Raghavendra,

Thats precisely I wished to check with you ! Are you saying that the last 3 years' programmes have been uploaded in photos / videos ? Shocked I suggest you may pls view them again. Is the piano concert uploaded with photos and videos ? There were 2 music concerts as well. Do you see them there ?

Moderator ......Sir, ours is a matured group with SOLE AGENDA BEING MSV MSV MSV and there is no need for a moderator at all. What we need is someone who regularly meets MSV and can informally chat with him whenever he is free and get all the precious / hidden information on many many gem of compositions of the Legend.

Our site is 4 years old and growing. We need not worry about lack of participation . All we require is invaluable details of how a particular song was conceived and composed, how the orchestration happened .

For example, I am stunned by Oru naalile ( Sivandha man ) something unique and incomparable with any of MSV's creations !

Sollathan ninaikiren....the title song is a unresolved puzzle with MSV on how he gave such a soulful song ! Shocked Wish to know how that tune first of all came up ........

Thanga padhakathin mele.....a brilliant song with different thalams ! how he created them ?

I request Mr.Ramki to take up this initiative ( Sorry for the trouble as you will have professional commitments at work )....Still, considering MSV's age , we should make special attempts and sittings with him and get recorded of all ANMOL songs of MSV ......Humble request pls.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="S.Balaji"]
Moderator ......Sir, ours is a matured group with SOLE AGENDA BEING MSV MSV MSV and there is no need for a moderator at all.[/quote]

I FULLY AGREE WITH THIS. I AM PREPARED TO FOREGO AS A CO-MODERATOR WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT AND REQUEST RAMKI SIR TO PERMIT ME TO DO SO.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: