"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KD- MSV Whole Movie hits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: KD- MSV Whole Movie hits. Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
In my earlier posting, I had mentioned that literally every movie-maker of the golden era of TFM made the best of the duo. It would not be out of place, if I say, irrespective of the cost of production or budget outlay, the duo gave their very best and many movies owed their life as exhibits to the songs and they heavily leaned on the songs. In their effort, the duo have only been guided by the situation -as could be seen from the lyric phrases and the best -fit tune cum orchestration that would abide by the requirements. If we weigh the monetary rewards against the duo's contribution to the movies, probably we would end up quipping 'pittance'. But, the social reward of unstinted and unabated adoration lasting for them is proof of their relevance as standing cases unlike the later creations that fizzled out faster than effervescence.
Look at these movies that stay etched in our memories for the bonanza of songs. I prefer to call them ''whole-hit'' movies as all the songs keep reverberating with us. I only list the movie names as the entire bunch [of songs] eternally stays enthroned in our memory as vivid as our own selves.

''pAva mannippu''. ''pAsa malar''. pArthAl pasi theerum'' ''pAdha kANikkai''
'padiththAl mattum pOdhumA''

''panja varNakkiLi'', 'Server Sundaram'', Kuzhandhaiyum deivamum''
''uyanrndha manidhan'', ''kAsE dhAn kadavuLadA'', ''rAmu''

''nenjirukkum varai, ''nenjam marappadhillai'', ''kAdhalikka nEramillai'', veNNiraAAdai'', ''avaLukkendru Ore manam'', ''vairanenjam'', uththaravindri uLLE vA'',''sivandha maN'', pOlicekAran magaL'''

''balE pANdiya'' , karNan, ''gangA gowri''
''avargaL',' kAviyaththalaivi'', ''manmadhaleelai, ''bAmAvijayam'',''thAmarai nenjam'', ''nool vEli'', ninaiththAlEinikkum''

'' soorya kAnthi', andhamAn kAdhali', ''simlA special'' ,
''vAzhkkaippadagu'', ''motor Sundaram pillai'' ''oLi viLakku''
''sAnthi nilayam''
''kaikoduththa deivam'', ''karpagam'' etc just to recall some movie houses which stood the advantage of the duo. Certainly this is just a sample
Other items may be duly added.
The thread KD-MSV would continue with other as yet not-referred to aspects.
Warm regards Prof.K.RAMAN CAMP: Navi Mumbai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: