"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KD- MSV Grand duets -What do we see?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: KD- MSV Grand duets -What do we see? Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
When I started this episode on grand duets, it came to me as to -why not segregate them. Segregate on what?

It was convenient to bifurcate on 'Front-line' stars and the 'Second line' actors/ actresses of the time. Yet, I had to honestly concede that they are Grand duets whether or not they were made for 'Front line' or Second line'. In order that we make a tangible point , for the numbers under category II, I have named the actor/ actress just to strengthen the observation that they were second to none quality wise and enjoy the same admiration as are the numbers for Sivaji or Gemini -- the two contemporary Ganesans so to say.

Notably, I have not brought in SONGS FROM MGR FILMS, BECAUSE , INADVERTENTLY I MAY CITE lyricists other than KD; more so, as another thread has already been opened for Vaali- MSV in our forum.

How often MSV has reiterated that we never planned songs for MGR / SIVAJI / GEMINI but went by the character. Does it not sound true if we reckon the quality of songs [though just a sample] under categories I and II?
Do we witness any second quality treatment any where? Are not Kavignar and MD in full bloom in all these songs?

Are these not citations to stand testimony that the duo[ KD MSV] was always true to the task on hand?
Do we find the likes of these in that era where so much of hype was dished out in media about some later compositions?

I am reminded of what Kannadasan once wrote: I quote from memory; may be my words are not exact; but certainly this is what he has said.
''ENNAIYUM THAMBI VISUVANATHANAIYUM THAVIRA,CINEMA ULAGIL 30 AANDUGALUKKUM MELAGA NILAITHTHU NINDRAVAR YARUM ILLAI. ELLAME VIDHAITHTHU 30 NALIL ARUVADAI AAGI VIDUM KEERAI PATHTHIGAL''

What an emphatic assertion born out of conviction based on concrete personal experience?

No wonder their songs parade our minds with pride , how ever much we are growing old. The songs stay young and endlessly invigorate us -what ever our personal worries and inconveniences; all such tentative set backs vanish like vapour once we have a brief session with KD -MSV songs.

Certainly, I am not winding up the thread on KD-MSV, as I have a lot more to share , even if I were to tire all of you.

Will you not tolerate me for a few more episodes on KD-MSV?
Definitely you can; more so when we have tolerated several later songs with anguish and disgust. I am sure not to disgust any one, since the legends we are referring to would always cheer us even if my attempts are poor.
By the way, it would be a couple of days before I resume posting from MADURAI, as I am to travel from Mumbai tomorrow. Kindly make it convenient to add your perceptions on these topics.

Thank you; Warm regards. K.Raman Camp: Navi Mumbai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: