"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M.S.V & SHEHNAI SATHYAM - THE FORMIDABLE COMBO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: M.S.V & SHEHNAI SATHYAM - THE FORMIDABLE COMBO Reply with quote

Dear All,

One of the greatest Shehnai players ever produced by our country was the Late. Shri. Sathyam.....A man synonymously known as "Shehnai Sathyam. I have uploaded this video as a tribute to this great artist who still lives in all our hearts with his impeccable playing even today.

Once during a chat with Shri. MSV, I jokingly asked him as to whom he considered a better player - Sathyam or Bismilla Khan. Pat came the reply from MSV....Sathyam tonal quality is far superior....... Vittu koduppara MSV???

This video I have uploaded was shot during the rehearsal of our "MSV UNPLUGGED SHOW" conducted by msvtimes.com at the Museum Theatre in September 2008. In the foreground of the video, the man who's playing the Shehnai is undoubtedly Shri. S. Ramachandran, son of the Shehnai Legend Sathyam. It was indeed a privilege for msvtimes.com to have roped him in to play this evergreen number Vaarathiruppalo in which the Shehnai Legend establishes his presence all over to our absolute delight. It was a total treat to watch Mr. Kalyan on the violin also.

The present days music by virtue of it's total deterioration has virtually made many of these classy instruments become not only obsolete but in the process deprived the player of earnings also. My blood is boiling when I write these words.... Mr. Ramachandran has now diversified into a full blown Cellist & has been playing Cello for many leading Pop groups in our country.

Here's the youtube link for remembering this finest Shehnai exponent.....

http://youtu.be/m4GtyvnGub8

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC

VAIDYMSV

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy.

Thanks for uploading a nostalgic video. Mere words are not sufficient to describe the soul string shenoi pieces played by Sthyan Sir. aalayamanin oosaiyile, this song, karnan songs, how many!!!. For me the master piece of him is the prelude in 'kannan piranthan engal kannan piranthan' and prelude in 'madura nagaril thamizh sangam'. It is very sad indeed that nowadays not many shenoi players.

N Y Murali
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Vaidy Very Happy Very Happy for obliging my old request . Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: