"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THANGA PATHAKITHAN MELE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: THANGA PATHAKITHAN MELE Reply with quote

Another great prelude which hits listner like a thunder and swiftly moves to the pallavi. MM has used Accordian in several of his works. But this fast phased accordian usage gets you animated.

I understand that MSV never use to give notes and conveys all his works through Harmanioum. If this is the style of working, then the person who absorbed all the expectaions of MM and played this wonderfull accordian peice deserve Kudos. Was that Shri Mangalamoorthy?

Accordian players are hardly to be seen and i earnstly hope Dr. Anand Chellapa will be there this time too , to play this great number.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Thanga padhakkaththin mElE Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sivasankaran,
I am not too sure if it was Mangalamurthy's work in this song. According to unconfirmed news Mr.Murthy left the orchestra well before 1970. May be some other artiste took over. In those days, every player had a life's dream -'to play for Viswanathan' and kept on perfecting their skills awaiting a clarion call from MSV. Having said that, I feel Mr. Vatsan or Mr. Vaidy can clarify with greater authenticity.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this was played by Ben Surender.

N Y Murali
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: