"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr.R. Ganesh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Dr.R. Ganesh Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Yesterday Dr.R.Ganesh, a disciple of Late Maharajapuram Santhanam Sir, was on SunTV in the morning talk show, Surya Vanakkam. During his crisp and nice interview, he mentioned his association with Mellisai Mamannar, to a question from the young hosts on this. He mentioned about the live show of our MM with Sri Maharajapuram and team, where Dr.Ganesh also had accompanied. For our reference, while we can see his name on the cover of the album (cassette), we can also hear him sing now and then, behind the voice of his Guru. He praised MM's live show, with drums by Sivamani, and recollected praise from his Guru during the show itself (which can be heard in the cassette too). He mentioned about his discussion with MM and described briefly about the style of his compositions. It was nice to hear him talk about our master.
As a personal remark, I wanted to recollect my earlier association with Dr.Ganesh when he was a student at Thanjavur. He used to often visit the Sai Samithi and Shirdi Sai Baba temple at Thanjavur to participate in different activities, where, we used to sing bhajans together on some occassions. Most importantly, I used to discuss MSV's songs whenever he referred to a particular raga or a particular new cinema song. I always was 'adamant' (as usual, as my friends and family 'react' to this)to fall back on the beauty in MM's compositions and he used to accept with a smile. Personally I felt happy to know that he could meet our master and know him well.
Maybe sometime, if things go well, we can also interact with him and invite him in our future shows on our master.
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: