"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV songs in other other languages
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True SRS. I recollect Maro charitra was a super hit and the songs were very popular .

One of the rare occasions that MSV used the tune to that tamil song in Pudha manjal ( Rudhra thandavam )

Thanks for the rekindling those moments Smile
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Raghavan,
It was nice to remind us all of our MM's telugu songs, especially the Maro Charithra ones. These shivaranjani versions are more melodious and softer.
Have we discussed the Telugu version of Ninaithale inikkum (probably named as Andhamaina anubhavam?) songs? We would know the difference in SPB's renditions in Telugu.
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
gragavan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot SRS for the details you have provided.

I agree to the points you have mentioned.

regards,
GiRa

S.R. SHANKAR wrote:
Dear Ragavan
I highly appreciate your initiative for bringing into limelight some MSV gems in other languages I enjoyed particularly telugu links recalled as I was at Vizag when those movies were screened and distinction he struck through these scores
Hope you would permit to me to submit some divergent views on the two telugu superhits
The song 'Sannajojulo' from NTR-VaniSri starrer Simha bullodu is certainly not a cabaret number--It is a sizzling seductive duet by SPB-LRE marked by inimitable orchestration in an empire and fortress atmosphere of Jayamalini -the hero pretending to be seduced .
Of course IMayam song is of same tune only in beginning and not in charanam. It is in the same raga base more of philosophical in nature[MSV could create wonders in all nava rasams in one raga]

The song 'E theega poovunu' Bale bale magadiyo[Peppy SPB-LREnumber] Padiharelulo[S. Janaki] from Maro charitra were rage in Andhra during those days
'E theega poovunu' is one of MSV master piece in Shivaranjani and no
wonder Laxmikant pyarelal set the song 'theray meray beech me' in the
same pattern in its Hindi remake 'Ek duje ke liye [and also the song sola baras ki form the Janaki song]
Rudra thandavam song has same beginning as maro charitra song but totally different charanam in the duet
Thanks for providing the link for the latter and I relished every bit of one of those forgotten hits of SPB -Vani
Pl. continue the good work

Cordially yours
SRS
gragavan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sai Saravanan wrote:
Dear Mr. Raghavan,
It was nice to remind us all of our MM's telugu songs, especially the Maro Charithra ones. These shivaranjani versions are more melodious and softer.
Have we discussed the Telugu version of Ninaithale inikkum (probably named as Andhamaina anubhavam?) songs? We would know the difference in SPB's renditions in Telugu.
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan

Hi Sai Saravanan,

Andamaina Anubavam songs were not discussed. I understand you have lot of information about the songs. Please share the information.

regards,
GiRa
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
I had only remembered the telugu dubbed (?) version of Ninaithale inikkum since I was mad after the original one, when I was in school. MM's songs had held their charm, and I could not fathom the reasons then. But, I somehow managed to see movies like Ninaithaale inikkum, Shankar Saleem Simon, Aayiram Jenmangal, Varuvan vadivelan, 47 naatkal, and the like, invariably mesmerised by MM's songs, and nothing else. The most important one being the movie under discussion. When I met some friends from Andhra, I enquired if they knew our MM. The response was immediate with this movie as their example. Some of them said that the songs may not have been sung like the original ones, but were sounding very different and melodious. I vaguely remember about some of SPB's singing in the telugu version and it was different than the original. He had probably added additional (his own?) touches and turnings, and somehow it did not go well with me. This happens many times when we know the original and compare with other language versions. Maybe if we listen now, we may appreciate them better...
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
gragavan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sai,

Looks like we are in the same boat. I was ardant ARR fan when I was teen. Then I searched for old movies and songs. Then understood the great work by Mellisai Mannar in Tamil Films. That is how I became fan of Mellisai Mannar MSViswanathan. I am still searching his rare gems which are missing.

regards,
Ragavan

Sai Saravanan wrote:
Dear Sir,
I had only remembered the telugu dubbed (?) version of Ninaithale inikkum since I was mad after the original one, when I was in school. MM's songs had held their charm, and I could not fathom the reasons then. But, I somehow managed to see movies like Ninaithaale inikkum, Shankar Saleem Simon, Aayiram Jenmangal, Varuvan vadivelan, 47 naatkal, and the like, invariably mesmerised by MM's songs, and nothing else.
gragavan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,

Here is another wonderful musical gift from MSV. It is a song from a Malayalam movie Babumon. It was a remake of popular Tamil movie.

In fact, it is very easy to identify the tamil song.

Listen and enjoy the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQylPdu6f1A

Movie - Babumon
Singer - K.J.Yesudas, P.Jayachandran

regards,
GiRa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: