"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MEET OF THE LEGENDS!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: MEET OF THE LEGENDS!!! Reply with quote

Dear Members,

I must share with you all about yet another memorable day in my life. 2nd March 2007, is another golden day in mylife. Dr. Balamuralikrishna, the legendary Carnatic singer wanted to meet MSV and I happened to be Dr. Balamurali's "Sarathy". I along with Mr. Ranimaindhan (the man who authored MSV's autobiography) went & picked up Dr. Balamuralikrishna and Mr. Visweswaran (Santoor) and went to MSV's house around 530 pm. MSV who had just finished his evening Pooja warmly hugged Dr. Balamuralikrishna and Viwseswaran and welcomed us with his unique "Vaanga Vaanga" dotted all over with his broad smile! Then the Legends sat down to talk in an informal way on the terrace. Immediately came the topic "Thanga Ratham". My God, both the Legends literally drowned in memories and MSV fondly & very happily recalled how Dr. Balamurali wanted to have another re-take of the song just to allay the fears that P.Susheela had done a shade better than him!!! Just look at the way how the singers of yester years have performed those days- there was only a healthy competitive world around them but never was any jealousy between them.

Dr. Balamurali recalled how P. Susheela came for an audition at the studios of AIR (All India Radio) at Vijayawada during which Dr. Balamuralikrishna worked in AIR and it was he who had to decide the fate of P. Susheela. After listening to P. Susheela's voice Dr. BMK was very impressed and immeduately awarded "A" grade certification to her. He further advised her that her voice was best suited for cine music and not for classical!!! What happened later is history! P. Susheela made an indelible impact on the South Indian film industry. MSV also recalled how dedicated she was in giving her best everytime she came for recording. MSV at that moment was so astonished how a singer has who has no control over her Telugu accent when she normally speaks but has absolute control over Tamizh when she sings!!! Truely we are also amazed at this level of singing by P. Susheela.

Dr. BMK was also talking about the qualities of singers of those days how they had performed, how teachers taught students those days and felt very bad that the present day's society is bereft of values, ethics and so on... As I was talking to Dr. BMK about our Legend's creations that have stood the test of times, he winked at me and said.. "Ivar periyya aaluppa, ivar leveley thani, ivarukku tunelam saralamaga vandhu kondey iruukum". That is the level of respect Dr. BMK has for MSV. Mr. Visweswaran recalled the songs sung by Dr. BMK in Nool Veli (Mr. Visweswaran played the Santoor in the prelude of this song), Vadai Maalai, Thanga Ratham and happiliy ended the evening. Though initially I had the thought of shooting these moments on video, I thought it was quite a private visit by Dr. BMK and Visweswaran and hence shelved the idea. But, I did mention to Dr. BMK about an exclusive session to shoot a video on his sppeech on MSV for which he readily agreed and said - "any time Vaidy, aathukku Vaango, shoot pannungo". I am waiting for that day as eagerly as you all are and surely that video footage will adorn our site soon. Over all it was a great evening particularly to me for driving around with a great personality like Dr. BMK and also to have participated & shared the thoughts & moments of two of the Greatest Living Legends of both the Classical & Film Music - Dr. Balamuralikrishna and Our MSV!!!

An interesting info about Dr. BMK I wish to share with all - DR. Balamuralikrishna has performed a whopping 25,000 stage concerts, a Guinness Record!!! On behalf of MSVTIMES.COM, we extend all our Good wishes for a Healthy, Wealthy, Prosperous life to Dr. Balamuralikrishna. We thank the almighty for having gifted our country with such a great singer.

LONG LIVE THE LEGENDS!!!

Cheers
VAIDY
CORE CREW-MSVTIMES.COM

saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

டியர் வைத்தி.....

இரண்டு இசைமேதைகளின் சங்கமத்தை அப்படியே எழுத்தில் தந்து எங்கள் உள்ளங்களை மகிழ்ச்சி வெள்ளத்தில் ஆழ்த்தி விட்டீர்கள். மிக்க நன்றி.

உங்களின் எழுத்தைப்படித்தபோது, நாங்களும் அந்த இடத்தில் அமர்ந்து அந்த சந்திப்பை வாய்மூடி, கேட்டுக்கொண்டிருந்த உணர்வு ஏற்பட்டது.

மெல்லிசை மன்னர் தற்போது பூரண நலமுடன் இருப்பது அறிந்து மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சியாகவும் நிம்மதியாகவும் உள்ளது.

மீண்டும் மீண்டும் நன்றிகள், தந்தவற்றுக்கும் தரப்போகிறவற்றுக்கும்............
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Dear Vaidy Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,
So blessed are we to read about the meeting of Legends… My heart felt gratitude to yourself, Mr.Ramki, Mr.Sabesan, Mr.Venky…who have put everything out from your personal life to keep our ‘Treasure’ as happy as possible.

With Love
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Thank the Musical Saint !!! Reply with quote

Dear NVS Uncle,
It is always the other way round, It is His music that always keeps us happy and gives the sufficient and essential energy to keep all of us going and grow...!!! His Service to the mankind is limit less and incomparable !!! Myself and Ramky uncle were just trying to determine our state if not for MSV and His music. We wouldn't be knowing what is MELLISAI , for that case what is Music and Melody at all !! We wouldn't have known what is Shenai, Sitar, Santoor ,Sarangi, Trumpet, Trombone, Piano ,Flute and all the other instruments that he has used extensively. Also, we might have listened to Hindi music of yesteryears believing it for Music and Melody !!!....We are indeed Blessed to be associated with Him and so privileged to play Music for him.....

In a lighter vein,
AVAR ISAI AMAICHADHA AVARUKKEY POTU KATTI
( PADI KOODA ILLAI) , NALLA PER VAANGURATHUKKU NAANGA BAKIYAM PANNIRUKKANAM !!! :O)

MSV Rules !!!

Venky
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great going Vaidy Very Happy

Please continue to be the link between our forum and Mellisai Mannar .
These are memorable moments to cherish & record.
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends

I think Vaidy/Venkat/Ram you all did ASWAMATHEA YAGAM in the earlier birth. Rolling Eyes . Yes you people are very lucky that you able to spend time with MUSICAL GOD and having DARSHAN quite often.

People like me got cursed by some MUNNIVAR in the earlier birth Laughing because of that still I am not able to meet him. Laughing

Anyway we are quiet happy and thankful to you for updating us.

regards
ramesh
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Hi Ramesh Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh,

Please let me know when you want to meet our Legend. I can take you anytime. After all God & His darshan are common for all. Please let me know when we can meet.

Cheers
Vaidy
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy

Thanks a lot. we can meet this saturday provided you are free and with convenience of MUSICAL GOD.

Thanks

regards
ramesh
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: hi ramesh Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh,

Will let you know by Saturday morning. Ok
cheers
vaidy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: