"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DEMISE OF SWAMI DAKSHINAMURTHY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: DEMISE OF SWAMI DAKSHINAMURTHY Reply with quote

Dear All,

When Vatsan called y'day (P. Susheela informed him earlier) to inform me of the sudden demise of Swami Dakshinamurthy, I was really shocked for, he was one man though in the 90's of age was very active travelling between Chennai & Kerala. One could see him in all the musical programmes sitting right in the front row. I wish to recall an interesting episode.....

When Shri. MSV & I knocked on the doors of Swami Dakshimnamurthy's residence in Royapettah to invite him for our Vaarthaigal Sollum Vaathiangal (held in Sept 2008) concert, we were warmly greeted by his son who led us inside. Swami was away in Kerala (Guruvayur) and his son immediately called him on his mobile and gave the phone to Shri. MSV. Though not on the speaker phone, I could hear the brief conversation so clearly....MSV seeking his Blessings for the Piano programme that he is playing for the very first time in his life (live on stage) and the Swami instantly uttered the following which I am recording here in verbatim.....

MSV...nee periya methaida.....ennoda aasirvatham unnakku eppodhum unduda......Narayana.....Narayana.....

I literally had goose bumps thoroughout my body going through this blissful experience. Such was the reverence & admiration they had for each other....

It's curtains again, this time on the doyen of South Indian film music. Shri. Shri. Dakshinamurthy will always be remembered for his fearless concerts of non-stop nature sometimes running into couple of hours and Shri. MSV has told me on many occassions that he never used to sit down but prefered to stand for hours to perform...

PRANAAMS TO ONE OF THE SAINTS OF INDIAN MUSIC....MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN DEPRIVED BY HIS PHYSICAL PRESENCE.....HIS ETERNAL PRESENCE IS ALWAYS THERE THROUGH HIS MUSIC.....

VAIDYMSV

V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demise of Guru Dakishnamurthy will certainly make all music lovers sad. Nadha en nila made an huge impact on the tamil rasigas.

Mr. Vaidy ; Glad to note about the mutual admiration.

May his soul rest in peace.

V Sivasankaran
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sincere condolences to all for the demise of Dakshnamoorthy Swamy. I always remember him for his song 'nalla manam vaazhga' and 'Nanda nee en nila'.

MSV revered him very much.

May his soul rest in peace.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

think they were planning his 60 years of association in film music anytime now . alas
guruji is no longer physically present , but would be blessing all those who do good music and hear good music . have heard guruji speaking in one of MSV's felicitations .
i can understand the mutual admiration , after reading vaithy's postings .
music as well as person here are divine and am sure Lord narayanan himself will place him at rightplace in his darbhar.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Nanda en nila' is deeply etched in our memories for his composition and singing by SPB. Again, couple of more songs like 'Gangai nadi oram raman' by KJJ and VJ was a beautiful composition in late seventies. Not to forget 'Oru kaadal saamrajyam kannil' by Jeyachandran and TK Kala. This was an unusual composition from this giant.
Our respects to such a saintly soul!
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: