"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV's songs in Youtube
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: SELECTIVE AMENESIA, IGNORANCE OR INTENDED SLIP Reply with quote

Dear All,

If you read thro' the heading I have given to this post, you would all understand as to what level certain videos have been discussed on youtube.

Recently, I came across a youtube link in which one Suresh is taking guitar chord classes for aspiring guitarists. Now, having adorned the role of a tutor, he ought to have been careful in saying or posting on one of the most viewed links of the Universe.

Suresh went on to say this.....the next song for which I am going to play the chords is for "Unakkenna Mele Nindral" composed by Ilayaraaja!!!. I was jolted almost by a 12.5 magnitude earthquake on the Ritcher Scale!!! A person who claims to be teaching, sadly had no clue as to who the composer was!!!. Having listened to this song, how did he ever come to a conclusion that it was composed by someone else and not Shri. MSV? Is it possible for any one else except our Master Creator to roll out a melody like this? I am also very sure that such mistakes are never made when it comes to any other composer's name as I am yet to come across a situation where another is swapped (intentionally or otherwise) in place of the original composer.

To top it all, I also have VCD of Thangapadhakkam movie in my possession manufactured by Moser Baer and which says on the cover, Music - Ilayaraaja. While we are not against any composer in this industry, deliberate attempts to defame someone at the cost of others and especially Shri. MSV is something that we all can't digest and our lamment is only towards this ignorance and errors that need to be avoided at all costs to say the least...

I lost no time and responded immediately with a comment to set right the wrong. True to present day musicians, there was this lame sorry posted on the same page as a response to my post (as if he was forced to do it much against his wishes - which he had to say it though). This is how infamous become famous these days.

What a pathetic attitude that deserves to be condemned in the strongest of words....

Please check out the link on youtube thro' "unakenna mele nindral" and watch this gory story (how else do you all want me to call it???) unfold...

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Last edited by vaidymsv on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parthavi wrote:
Dear SRS,

I checked the comments for a few songs. There was a surfeit of praise showered on singers like TMS and PS and actors like Sivaji and MGR. Some have mentioned even Kannadasan (I think in a routine way, without really bothering to go into the profundity of the lyrics) but very few have touched upon the music and even among them, only one or two have mentioned MSV by name.

true parthavi , what is distrubing is even those in music field donot talk about the composer . if you watch enakku piditha padal in SUN LIFE (mon-fri 10 pm )they talk about how NT smokes in Yarantha nilavu . etc .but one thing is sure they never miss to mention ilayaraja's name whenever the song comes on .
Consoling factor now a days is Mano -who never misses out chance to mention about HIS compositions . so either its TV producers who write the script is ignorant about TFM before 1980 or the VIP themselves
parthavi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes VK,

I am also pleasantly surprised that of late Mano has been mentioning MSV's name in supersinger.

As per Mr. Vaidhy's observation, there are quite a few instances of IR getting credit for MSV songs in youtube sites.

Someone has even attributed nenjam marappadhillai to IR! Can you believe it? You can see this comment and NY Murali's response to it.

Vimalathevi Perumal8 months ago

This song , the lyrics and music has a haunting effect and list in my all time favourites- the sad version also is timeless creation of the great Raja. The effects takes us through circumstances that we have in one way or rather have gone through and leave indelible marks of joy, pain, suffering and nostalgia....even though time and tides lapses us by. In truth, haven't we all??? Vimalathevi Perumal MALAYSIA.

muraliny3 months agoin reply to Vimalathevi Perumal

You mentioned 'timeless creation of the great Raja'. Who is this Raja you referred?

I don't blame Vimalathevi Perumal for this mix up. Perhaps she has listened to IR praising this song and since IR is known to be often praising his own songs, she might have assumed that this was composed by IR!

The only solution to this problem is for MSVtimes.com members to establish a proactive prsence in youtube sites featuring MSV's songs.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Parthavi

your message is telling me to watch(say read) old songs on YOUTUBE
i will

but by the time time we come across and point out some thousands would have watched and appreciated a wrong composer
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Shankar,

I hope you also would have noticed that when a guy sang the superb MSV number "வான் நிலா நிலா அல்ல", Mr Srinivasa Murthy said he played the violin pieces of this song for one of SPB's programmes in 1978, but did not utter a single word about MSV's great composition (none of the other judges too cared to make a mention of MSV). The very next song sung by another contestant was an IR number. I told my wife "just wait and watch, at the end of the song they will say 'what a great composition by IR'" and exactly the same this happened.

We have been experiencing this attitude for the last so many years and I have written about this in this forum earlier too.

What else can we say, except to name these so called experts as "ஞான சூனியங்கள்".

Regards,
Venu Soundar
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK,

I had suggested that we add something about MSV in the youtube songs of MSV, since most of the comments talk about the singers and actors and sometimes even about the lyricist but seldom about the composer MSV (If it were IR or ARR, the composer will invariably praised sky high.)

The issue of MSV's songs getting attributed to another composer is different. This happens sometimes and if we notice this, we can correct.

Even if we write our comment after many people have visited the site, it is worth recording our appreciation for 2 reasons. People who view the song subsequently will be able to see our comments. Secondly, it will be an entry in the world wide web which will be available forever for posterity (unless youtube shuts down or the internet itself becomes extinct in future, for some reason!)
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another special from the master for Sridhar's last film with him 'Aalaya Dheepam.' It is not a coincidence that Sridhar's subsequent films did not come up to his standard.

'Aagaayam kaaNaadha Sooryodhayam' by VJ has been wrongly credited to IR in the youtube. I have posted a correction. Here is the link for this enchanting number.

http://youtu.be/Vyn1gTkei2k
gragavan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I have uploaded a new video song by MSV in youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MknCfgaLLI

Actress Banumathi had sung in MSV's music in early 50s itself. Chandirani is a good example. But as MSV reached limelight, Banumathi became yesteryear actress. So the chances of more songs diminished.

Well. Always there are more than one right ways. Such right way came with the movie "Thai Pirandhal" in 1974. Well. That is a gap of almost 20 years.

The movie was directed by A.K.Subramanian. Banumathi and Asokan played as parents and Muthuraman was their son who was married to C.I.D.Sakundhala.

After waiting for years, mother became restless to became grandmother. She cried to Murugan and dreamed him coming down as her grandson. Alangudi Somu wrote this wonderful song and MSV came up with matchless tune. Listen to the song and you will agree to what I say.

The same movie has another wonderful song by P.Banumathi. It is "Mathulai Muthukkal Malligai Mottukkal". Almost a lullaby. We will get that song some other time.

மெல்லிசை மன்னர் இசையில் பி.பானுமதி அவர்கள் ஐம்பதுகளின் தொடக்கத்திலேயே சண்டிராணி போன்ற படங்களில் பாடியுள்ளார். அதற்குப் பிறகு மெல்லிசை மன்னர் வளரவளர புதுப்புது நாயகிகள் வந்து விட்டார்கள்.

ஆனால் கிட்டத்தட்ட 20 ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகு 1974ல் மீண்டும் இணைந்து பணியாற்றினார்கள். ஏ.கே.சுப்ரமணியம் இயக்கத்தில் வெளிவந்த தாய் பிறந்தாள் என்ற படத்தில் வெளி வந்த பாட்டுதான் இந்தப் பாட்டு.

அசோகனும் பானுமதியும் பெற்றோர்கள். அவர்கள் மகன் முத்துராமனை சி.ஐ.டி சகுந்தலாவுக்குத் திருமணம் செய்து வைக்கிறார்கள். ஆனால் குழந்தையில்லை.

அந்த வேதனையை முருகனிடம் அழுது தொழுது பாடுவதுதான் இந்தப் பாட்டு. முருகனே தன் பேரனாக வந்தது போலவும், அவனைச் சீராட்டி வளர்த்து கல்வி கற்பித்து திருமணம் செய்து வைக்கும் வரை கற்பனை கரைபுரள்கிறது.

இந்தக் காட்சிக்கு ஆலங்குடி சோமு அற்புதமாக பாடல் எழுத மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் மெட்டு பாடலை மிக உயரத்தில் கொண்டு வைத்தது என்றால் மிகையாகாது.

கேட்டு ரசியுங்கள். ஒப்புக் கொள்வீர்கள். இதே படத்தில் "மாதுளை முத்துக்கள் மல்லிகை மொட்டுக்கள்' என்றொரு பாட்டும் பானுமதியம்மா குரலில் உள்ளது. அதை இன்னொரு நாள் பார்ப்போம்.

பாடல் - முருகா எனக்கொரு வரம் வேண்டும்
வரிகள் - ஆலங்குடி சோமு
பாடியவர் - பி.பானுமதி
இசை - மெல்லிசை மன்னர் எம்.எஸ்.விசுவநாதன்
படம் - தாய் பிறந்தாள்
இயக்கம் - ஏ.கே.சுப்ரமணியன்

Song - Muruga Enakoru Varam Vendum
Lyrics - Alangudi Somu
Singer - P.Banumathi
Music - M.S.Viswanathan
Movie - Thaai Pirandhal
Direction - A.K.Subramanian

அன்புடன்,
ஜிரா
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: