"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 5th Dimension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: The 5th Dimension Reply with quote

The 5th Dimension

Note : This 5th Dimension precedes the 4th Dimension as I felt it would be appropriate to do so... This 5th Dimension is all about the amazingly Noble Human inside the Great Genius!...

I remember reading in books…’There is a purpose behind every creation’. To me, it has so far appeared as a mere statement issued with an intent to console millions of living organisms like me, who have been used to use only ‘five and a half’ out of the six senses, for living.

What could ever be the purpose behind someone’s existence which is like a typical ‘Formula’ based tamil movie?
The hero (!!?) is born… even a donkey is!…
The hero grows up… and so does a donkey!…
He is fiercely averse to education… the only trait that identified him with Great personalities…
Years roll out… He has become something which he never intended to be…

What I am is now is not to my credit… and… Where I would be is never known…

Accidentally if I happen to become some one great, I can pretend to have had a great ‘Vision’ right from my Childhood!…

Again,…I remember reading in books… ‘What you are is decided by what you were…and… What you would be by what you are’…

If this is true as it logically sounds,… atleast… I wished I am blessed with few periodic moments of today’s life which make me feel purposeful… and that, my tomorrow is truly Purposeful. Never in my dreams I imagined, I would be blessed with those moments so sooner… It was on the 28th of February 2007, all divine things happened in a row in my life…

It was on that day, I had a chance to meet Mr.Vaidymsv in person… I have been tele-conversing with him for quite some days… but I was truly eager to meet this respectful personality. Now, if I have to describe him, there is only one statement I could frame… ‘Anyone who calls himself an ‘ARDENT FAN’…must prefer to scale his ‘Ardency’ only after knowing this Personality!…’ To me, he is the only Terrorist who is noble by all means and causes.

His sense of music is so elite that there is not even a micro-inch to spare for anyone else other than MSV!… I salute you sir… with all gratitude and reverence. It was because of you I could meet the idol of my heart and thoughts…and also meet the glorious galore of Fans like Mr.Ramki, Mr.Sabesan, Mr.Rozario, Mr.RVSMani, Mr.Ramesh, Mr.Jayaram, Mr.Ram, Mr.Venky,…and so…on!…

Here, Words can never be sufficient to mention about the great efforts of Mr.Ramki, Mr.Vaidy and team which has recently honored the Genius and taken care of him during his ill health, despite so many constraints and crisis. I submit my prayers to the Supreme to bless them with all prosperity and happiness they deserve forever.

My eyes were truly moist when I kissed the Greatest Fingers of Light Music on the evening of the 28th of February 2007!… the fingers, which have been instrumental in bringing out scores and scores of immortal melodies. This was certainly not a dream… M.S.Viswanathan!…the greatest Human Form of Light Music… was the simplest I have ever met, as he affectionately invited us with a humble ‘Vanakkam’ & “Vaanga!…Vaanga!”…, resting on a Chair at the Garden Balcony.

He has certainly gone down due to the surgery he has undergone… but the great Voice was unmistakably as enthusiastic as ever. I sat beside him onto the floor, holding his hand by the palm… refusing to yield to his gestures to make me sit on a Chair. I never remember meeting a pair of Eyes which has been so affectionate… From then on, it was a monolog for me… as I continued to listen to the magnificient Voice as it went on with the enthusiasm of a Child…

When someone from our group proclaimed that he is the greatest Music Phenomenon on the earth, this great child responded by keeping its Index Finger onto the Lips, commanding affectionately with a “hmmm!…Appadiyellaam Solla koodaadhu!”… The humbleness in the voice was truthfully evident… Even in private, he did not want to acknowledge his own Genius. What a Soul!…

I felt truly blessed… There could be many Genius personalities in many domains… There could have been millions of Fans for these personalities. But how rarest of a blessing it would be for a Fan, whose Genius is not only a Superlative in the history of the concerned domain… but also an extremely noble Human!… Truly…this insane World does not deserve him either way!

Here, I must dedicate a few words to Mr.Rozario, a Trombone player of the Legendary MSV Team; Mr.Rozario’s Father too, has played Trombone for years in the Legend’s Team. That day, we were doubly fortunate to have Mr.Rozario introduced to us as he had come there to tribute his affection to the Legend. I would not at all be wrong if I say, ‘he has breathed MSV’. The unlimited magnitude of admiration he has on this great Legend was well evident throughout his dialog… when everytime he sang out a few lines from some song and overflowed emotionally “Annae!… Annae!… Ennaannae!…eppadi pannirukkeenga!… Yaaraalaeyum mudiaadhunnae!…”

Quite Safely, I can bet, Mr.Rozario is the best Observer or Analyst I have ever come across, for Cine Music. His observations were so very micro and minute… as he went to the extent of quoting how this Legend has rightly originated Melodies which are representative of the Feel, the Lyrics intend to carry. The meaning is : The Legend has created Musical Phrases which represent exactly the same sense (Voice) the Lyrics Carry (For Eg : Exclamatory, Interrogative, Assertive, etc), apart from being pleasant and Soulful. Amazingly, if one analyzes, this has happened every time,…in each of his Song!…in each of the sentences sung!…

For people who could tend to think this is coincidental,… Yes!…this could be coincidental…if…the Sun is coincidentally hot everytime it comes out into the horizon whereas the moon has been coincidentally cool!… This was exactly one of the ‘Dimensions’ I had intended to write about this great Legend which has clearly differentiated him, miles ahead of any other Creator in the history of Indian Music. I specifically say ‘Indian Music’ because, I feel, Grammatically, Aesthitically and Soulfully, the best Form of Music in the World could be only the Indian Form of Music.

Three and Half Hours vanished within minutes… as we had to take leave of with the Blessings of the Great Legend. While there was no need for me to know that MSV is beyond comparison in the domain of Cine Music, the eventful day opened up more avenues for me to know the magnitude of this great ‘Person’.

I was so moved to know from Mr.Rozario that, never once this Genius had attempted to illtreat a Musician, by assigning him with Notations or Melody which is beyond his ability to reciprocate. This Great Legend has always chosen to operate within the liability of the Individual, still bringing out the supreme, collectively. This, he has done when he had the ability to play even the unplayably difficult Notations of any Instrument, may it be a Wind Instrument or a String Instrument… merely in his Harmonium!’… The Cine Industry has been a witness to this ability for years!…

I conclude with the phrases from the great Thirukkural :

'Sellidatthu Kaappaan Sinam Kaappaan… Allidatthu Kaakkin En?…Kaavaakkaal En?'

Until the 28th of February, I never realized I have an example to this Thirukkural living right in front of my eyes!… I recollect the statement I managed to steal from someone :

‘What you are is decided by what you were…and… What you would be by what you are’

What an extent of a Noble Soul this Great Legend has been so far!… Now, I am so sure… the Almighty has the compelling responsibility to reward this great Soul with a supremely blissful life with due recognition, in all the future to come!…and with all liberty…I imperatively submit to the Almighty!…’THIS MUST HAPPEN RIGHT BEFORE THE EYES OF HIS INNUMERABLE FANS’

With Love
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: MY 6TH DIMENSION Reply with quote

Dear NVS,

Yet another master innings from you. Though I dont deserve to be praised to the level you have expressed, I would always love to be addressed as the "MSV TERRORIST". The other day when Dr. Balamuralikrishna met our Legend, he held my hands and told MSV, "enna ungalai suthi terrorist irukkalamey" and winked at me. Mr. Rozario called me y'day morning and we had a very lenghty chat again - yes only about our Master's Master Pieces!!! Will days or years be enough to finish talking about his creations?? I doubt it. Even during Ram's wedding reception, we were there as a group (alone in a crowd, but who cares anyway) discussing about MSV and his music through every moment of our presence there! Such is the level of obssession that has spread into our blood stream, no wonder we dont talk, think about anyone else except for this Living Legend who has absolutely become an integral part of us day in and day out! NVS, I repeat my words again.... I thank the Almighty & MSV in particular for bringing all of us together through his Immortal music!

LONG LIVE MSV AND HIS MUSICL JOURNEY AND LONG LIVE US ALSO Laughing TO BE AROUND AS LONG AS HE IS AND ENJOY HIS MUSIC TO OUR HEART'S , SOUL'S CONTENT!!!

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

LOVE
VAIDY

s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVASTHAI
FEb 28-evening tooned in ambrosia.
march 1-at ram's reception-same.
subsequent days- hangover

sit in front of computer-click a song to be heard-bhagyalakshmi-malaipozhudin-back to ambrosial experience-thought of calling vaidy-when can we be again at masters feet-it is pitch dark outside-crazy thought-back to mouse clicks-it is karnan-prelude to hamsanadhi portion by pbs in saarangi-never noticed the stunning piece all these days-itching to share-again a crazy thought-it is still pitch dark outside-nature is what it is-could not sleep-karnan songs in loop mode-thoughts finding new nueronic paths-at last nature dawns-thought of calling vaidy

so vaidy when can we be at masters feet ,again.

s.r.sankaranarayanan
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Just back from Heaven! Reply with quote

Dear Bala,

What is stopping you? Go ahead & call even its dead of the night. One prelude is enough to keep us awake for the rest of the night!!! By the way, just returned from MSV's house after a memorable session with Ram's family and me, Venkat. We had dinner with him and in between was - as usual immortals from Venkat's laptop. The legend for the 2nd time in a row listener's choice- Pongum Kadalosai, he adores this song!!! The 7 swarangalukkul, mullil roja, Thulli odum kaalgal ingey, nee ninaithal nerathiley yethetho nadakkum.... in between discussions about his journey. Then came the grand end with the song..... Naalam Naalam thirunaalam. We had the time of our lives. Yet another day we would cherish till we live on this earth..... Ram, Ramki, Venkat, Roopa (Ram's wife) your thoughts please????? Ram, time to enrol Roopa into our club!!!

MSV IS MUSIC!!!
VAIDY

s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS VAIDY,THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

BTW,IS THE SONG "ANGE VARUVATHU YAARO AVAL VASANTHATHIN THERO"IS BY THE MASTER? CLARIFY.

SAMPATH SIR,

WHY NO POSTS? HOPE YOU ARE VERY TIGHT WITH OFFICIAL CHORES.IN FACT EVERYONE OF US WERE LONGING TO MEET YOU AT RAMS RECEPTION
THEN AS AN AFTERTHOUGT ONLY WE REALISED THAT WE HAVE FORGOTTEN TO MENTION THE VENUE IN THE POST.

INCIDENTALLY,I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU(HOW COULD I) AT THE INAUGURAL CONCERT OF TNS AT MYLAPORE FINE ARTS .THE CONCERT WAS FIRST IN THE SERIES IN TAMILIZHISAI.A VAGUE ATTEMPTBY ME.MIGHT

SOUND CHILDISH.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN@BALA
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: BIGGEST ASSET !!! Reply with quote

Fabulous writing NVS Uncle !!! I read in a different Dimension to understand your writing ..... Surprised.... Eagerly awaiting to read your 4th Dimension !!!

All such writings are very BIG assets to this website !!! Thanks to all those who regularly contribute in this forum !! Please continue your service !!!

MSV Rules !!!

Venky
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was indeed a Great session and Our Master's health is also improving.

Jus' to add something more.....

When we played Mullil Roja from Kalai Koyil , He wanted to listen to the mellifluous "Thangs Ratham Vandhadhu.." from the same movie and we played the song that he thoroughly enjoyed.

We then spoke about the movies He has acted and especially about "Kadhal Mannan" in which he performs as "Mess Viswananthan". Our Master then asked for "Mettuthedi Thavikkithu Oru Paatu..." from the same movie and he was happy to listen to it. Not sure if many of you know that this song is amazingly COMPOSED , ORCHESTRATED and SUNG by our Master himself . He also gave an amazing piece of info that in the first prelude, it is Him who has played the Harmonium !! We were totally stunned to listen to it. Amazing accordion usage and I told him the fact that after very looong time we got to listen to some good accordion in TFM and He nodded.He threw another BIG surprise by saying that it was the small dumb boy in the movie "RAMU" who has played accordion in
this sing and that he is a good pianist too !!!! Ofcourse, our Master was enjoying the song very much !!

We got very curious and asked Him if He would teach each and every note to all the singers and instrumentalists. He said that " I WOULD TEACH EVEN IF THERE NEEDS TO BE A PAUSE IN THE SONG...".

Another Great evening to mark in our Diaries !!!

MSV Rules !!!

Venky
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.r.sankaranarayanan wrote:
THANKS VAIDY,THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

BTW,IS THE SONG "ANGE VARUVATHU YAARO AVAL VASANTHATHIN THERO"IS BY THE MASTER? CLARIFY.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN@BALA

Mr. SRS

Its from Netru Indru Nalai . Ofcourse, its our Mellisai Mannar only Very Happy

Also remember Nee ennenna sonnalum kavithai - fm the same movie !
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to slightly change the song from "Ninaithale Inikkum", as a response to our NVS's article:

"What a Writing, What a Writing!"
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: WHAT A WRITING.... CONTINUATION!!! Reply with quote

Beautiful Ram,

Here's my contribution to your lyrics....

What a writing... What a writing..... Lovely words flowing darling..... You are reading.... you are reading....and you'll always be reading......

Ah, enna flow pa, think of the Musical God, and there she goes???

MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

irenehastings

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr srinivas.n.s.

beautiful writing about the wonderful evening you spent with our msv sir.

each and every lines of your post are power packed.

we expect more and more from you.

no doubt, you are all the assets of our forum.

keep it up.
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: THank you all Reply with quote

Dear everyone,
I feel so indebted to this forum for all the encouragement. Thank you very much. At this juncture, I could remember only onething. "The MAK Advertisement : LEG SPIN - OFF SPIN - BOWLED!!!" I feel like a mere batsman just holding the MAK bat (MSV); Everything else follows according to the merit of that great Genius.

Thank you very much

With Love
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: