"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discuss Songs from Music section of MSVTimes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Discuss Songs from Music section of MSVTimes Reply with quote

The much awaited Music section is now ready for MSV Fans!!! Discuss the Songs from the Music Section!

Thanks,
dmohan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

The songs mentioned are not down loadable as per organiser they should make it down loadable Rolling Eyes
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Problem in hearing. Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

Even I am facing a problem of listening to the audio section for the last few days. In the "Songs" section, when I click on a song I am getting the link. But when I double click on "Play" it doesn't play. In the BGM section, I am not getting the link only, for playing the music.

Please look in to this and advise.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmohan wrote:
Dear all,

The songs mentioned are not down loadable as per organiser they should make it down loadable Rolling Eyes

The songs are only for listening. They cannot be downloaded.
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Problem in hearing. Reply with quote

Venugopalan Soundararajan wrote:
Dear Ram,

Even I am facing a problem of listening to the audio section for the last few days. In the "Songs" section, when I click on a song I am getting the link. But when I double click on "Play" it doesn't play. In the BGM section, I am not getting the link only, for playing the music.

Please look in to this and advise.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar

Venu Ji, Do you face the problem still? There has been no change in the song/bgm section. Let me know if you still see the issue.
vishwas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: the Beauty of lyrics in MSV's songs Reply with quote

I strongly and very strongly believe that it is not without reason that people who relished in MSV's songs are not able to do the same of his successor (No prejudice intended absolutely!)

I will cite a few examples . Probably others could add as appropriate.

Take the song "Nilavu oru pennagi" . When TMS sings "Neeraligall edamaaaaari" you would not miss to notice that with Neeralaigal --the swaras also go up and down like a wave.What a superb play with the swaras. I am sure had he been given some other word in that position MSV would have altered the mettu to suit the words. Again in the same song "Azhkadalin sangAga NEEL kazhuthu amaithavalo"- NEEEL would extend in length in expression.

Take the song "CHUM CHUM CHUM.. Chittukuruvikenna Kattuppadu" .A song anybody would like to relish singing when one is in a carefree ,happy mood. "Valarum Thennai marame " will go high in pitch in consonance with the lyric. "mannil thavazhum nAnal" will go in pitch , as nAnal grows low in height.

Now tell me if there is any wonder his songs have become immortal
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shankar

good observation. we can unearth more songs in this angle.
I can recollect song ANBULLAH MANN VIZHIYAE where hero sends his feeling and waiting for her response. MSV composed this song in question and answer style. This was informed by MSV itself during one of his interview in private channel.

regards
ramesh
vishwas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: lyric goes with mettu Reply with quote

That is fantastic Ramesh,the Question and answer mode that the aong has been set to

It proves the superb intuitive power that MM has and how he readily puts it to use while coming up with the tune.

again a fantastic Observation.

thanks and regards
-Vishwas
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VEENAI PESUM ATHAI METTUM VIRALGLAI KANDU

Here situation is different. Heroine cannot talk and but MASTER made it very easy with slight humming.

Song starts with majestic prelude with veena/flute/violin. VEENAI PESUM if you watch closely MSV supports each line with VEENA sound.

Throughout the song (heroine part) lyric replaced by beautiful humming by sasirekha.

Excellent melody with different approach by MSV.

regards
ramesh
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SONG "VEENAI PESUM ADAI MEETTUM VIRALGALAI " ,I SUPPOSE,IF YOU BELIEVE MY MEMORY IS FROM FILM "VAAZNDU KAATTUKIREN" AND THE MUSIC IS BY VIJAYABASKAR.CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

NEVERTHELESS.A BEAUTIFUL NUMBER.

BTB,
BEST WISHES TO MADAM SARADA,USHASANKAR AND ALL WOMEN MEMBERS OF THE FORUM ON THIS WOMENS DAY.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.r.sankaranarayanan wrote:
THE SONG "VEENAI PESUM ADAI MEETTUM VIRALGALAI " ,I SUPPOSE,IF YOU BELIEVE MY MEMORY IS FROM FILM "VAAZNDU KAATTUKIREN" AND THE MUSIC IS BY VIJAYABASKAR.CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

NEVERTHELESS.A BEAUTIFUL NUMBER.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN

mr. sankaranarayanan

the song 'veenai pesum' is NOT from 'vaazndhu kaatukiren'

it is from 'vaazhvu en pakkam' with muthuraman & lakshmi (double role)

music was done by our 'mellisai mannar' msv sir.

he also sung a song 'thirupathi malaiyil yeruginraai'... it is train song.
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.r.sankaranarayanan wrote:
THE SONG "VEENAI PESUM ADAI MEETTUM VIRALGALAI " ,I SUPPOSE,IF YOU BELIEVE MY MEMORY IS FROM FILM "VAAZNDU KAATTUKIREN" AND THE MUSIC IS BY VIJAYABASKAR.
S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN

mr. sankaran...

for your kind information, 'vazhndhu kaatukiren' also music done by 'mellisai mannar' and NOT by vijayabasker.

please check the filmography of mellisai mannar in this site in the year 1975, and it is available there.
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

music was done by our 'mellisai mannar' msv sir.

he also sung a song 'thirupathi malaiyil yeruginraai'... it is train song

Yes. VAAZHVU EN PAKKAM by our MSV.

Sankar: How can you forget 'thirupathi malaiyil yeruginraai'

Next line with MASTER high pitch THIRUCHENDOORUKU POGINRAL DHEEPATHIM OLIYIL VARTHAI VARUM.

regards
ramesh
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Veenai Pesum Reply with quote

Dear Shankar,

Veenai Pesum by Vijaya Bhaskar??? Eppadi, unmistakably only by MSV!!!
Veenai pesiyathu indha paadalil unmai. Listen to the song carefully, the whole song will have a subtle veena being played throughout the song. And Sasirekha's humming is also a master piece by our Master!!! One of my all time favoutire song too. Great Selection Ramesh, once more..... a different song pse!!!

Cheers
vaidy
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Veenai Pesum Part - 2 Reply with quote

Dear All,

I forgot another interesting info about the song Veenai Pesum - Intha Paadalil veenaiyai pesa vaithathu..... Late G.K. Venkatesh. Let's remember this great intrument player at this moment. GKV we miss you physically.... but you are present eternally though through this song!!!

Cheers
vaidy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: