"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thrilling Thematic Tunes by MSV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was probably the first to write about this Instrumental Album in this Forum, I think in beginning of 2007.

This incredible Album which came as an LP Record (which was composed by MSV in 1970 or 1971) was played frequently by Radio Ceylon (both the Tamil and English channels). Radio Ceylon used to call it "நவரசக் கோலம்". Even the Radio Ceylon English channel never mentioned it as "Thematic Instrumental Music".

As I had already written in this Forum, one of the tunes of this album was used as the signature tune for Radio Ceylon's popular programme "பொங்கும் பூம்புனல்" which used to be aired from 7.15 in the mornings.

Strangely, AIR never played this album, but I was surprised to hear it being played at the Madras Central Railway Station in those days.

I wonder, how MSV had time to compose so many fabulous tunes, when he was so busy and at his peak composing for countless number of movies around that time.

I am sure, if this album is re-released as a CD, it will sell like hot cakes and the company releasing the CD can make a big bounty. We simply long for it and only hope it happens in the near future.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all
Thanks to mellisai mannar's son mr gopi and mr ramesh of tutucorin we have received what looks like original audio cd hope this fills the bill and we are able to persuade recording co to go ahead and re launch god willing insha Allah
Thank you very much all those who worked to get the cd
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all
A good news sa re ga ma is planning to re launch this price less album most probably in june close to masters birth day , details soon
Wregds
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself and VK met Mr.Sivabalan of Sa Re Ga Ma regarding the re release of album. We have also suggested that they record the intro speech of MSV before each concept of how MSV came with the idea. This will make value addition compared to the earlier one.

They have accepted in principle and I hope it will be done.

N Y Murali
msvramki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vijay, Murali,

Great job done by both of you !!

I am sure the new release of 'Thrilling Thematics by MSViswanathan and his Orchestra' will bring out to the world the matchless work done by our Master more than 5 decades ago, as an innovative concept, which no one can think of even today !!

Congratulations.

Ramki
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

this is further to info you all that , Mellisai mannar is brifed about this project , and accepted our date of function as 22/06/14 . though we wanted to have this on his birthday on 24/06, we shifted as there is a function at his home on that day .

we will inform the venue and timings . we request all the Members not only to grace the function ,but also carry back atleast one CD per family .

thanks for your support
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

this is further to info you all that , Mellisai mannar is brifed about this project , and accepted our date of function as 22/06/14 . though we wanted to have this on his birthday on 24/06, we shifted as there is a function at his home on that day .

THIS IS GOING TO BE HIS BIRTHDAY FUNCTION PLUS RELEASE OF CD
PROBABLY FIRST TIME HIS BIRTHDAY INPUBLIC .
suggestions are welcome ,to make it grand

we will inform the venue and timings . we request all the Members not only to grace the function ,but also carry back atleast one CD per family .

thanks for your support
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
This is really a great and mammoth effort to release such a gem of an album, and that too on such an auspicious occassion. For those members who may not be in a position to witness the event in Chennai, kindly reserve some CDs.
Congratulations for getting this event on!
Sai Saravanan
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr VK,

I am simply delighted to know that the great Instrumental Album of our Master is going to be re-released on 22nd June '14, clubbing it with the Master's Birthday celebrations. Thanks for all your efforts towards this achievement.

Await further details about the venue, timing, etc.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWS UPDATE

1.understand from the recording co that it going on as planned .
2. mellisai mannar has to give introduction to every song which is to be recorded by next week
3. the program will b at Russian cultural centr and to be happening btwen 6 to 9 Pm
4. admission strictly on reservation - you can reserve by sending mail to msvtimes.com@gmail.com or posting here . total no of seats that are to be allotted is 175 only. so to avoid disappointments pls reserve .
5. contributions/ donation are accepted either as a direct payment to bank or at counter in the centre on programme day .
6. the music directors who would be attending - mr vidya sagar,Mr deva,Mr SA Rajkumar ,MR KR.ragunathan(HMV Raghu) we will be confirming their participation soon
7.6 Pm to 6.30 PM birth day celebrations to our beloved MSV and do not forget we are going to sing happy birthday to a person , who has given innumerable melodies and voices to our Film world
8. after that Album releasing Function ..

more to follow.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWS UPDATE

1.understand from the recording co that it going on as planned .
2. mellisai mannar has to give introduction to every song which is to be recorded by next week
3. the program will b at Russian cultural centr and to be happening btwen 6 to 9 Pm
4. admission strictly on reservation - you can reserve by sending mail to msvtimes.com@gmail.com or posting here . total no of seats that are to be allotted is 175 only. so to avoid disappointments pls reserve .
5. contributions/ donation are accepted either as a direct payment to bank or at counter in the centre on programme day .
6. the music directors who would be attending - mr vidya sagar,Mr deva,Mr SA Rajkumar ,MR KR.ragunathan(HMV Raghu) we will be confirming their participation soon
7.6 Pm to 6.30 PM birth day celebrations to our beloved MSV and do not forget we are going to sing happy birthday to a person , who has given innumerable melodies and voices to our Film world
8. after that Album releasing Function ..

more to follow.
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. VK,

Please reserve a seat for me.

Thank you.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK sir,
Can the recording company (HMV or in its new avatar) release the album with the mention of individual names of the musicians playing in the album? May be our MM can recollect, along with fellow musicians/recording engineers who are around, and mention heir names? This will be memorable as a record for all of us.
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Sai

the issue is the identification of instrumentalists . understand from Mr raghu the orchestra was 70 member . however will try my best , actually there were a few instrumentalists on the cover . will at least get inputs on them .

we are still looking for the cover though i have recd the scan copy, once i have that i will get the information from MM , Mr raghu , Mr shyam

Thanks for your suggestion

Are you coming -need to block the space .pls advs if coming how many seats

wregds
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Sai

the issue is the identification of instrumentalists . understand from Mr raghu the orchestra was 70 member . however will try my best , actually there were a few instrumentalists on the cover . will at least get inputs on them .

we are still looking for the cover though i have recd the scan copy, once i have that i will get the information from MM , Mr raghu , Mr shyam

Thanks for your suggestion

Are you coming -need to block the space .pls advs if coming how many seats

wregds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: