"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOURAVAM-PART-1- NADIGAR THILAGAM DURING THIS PHASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: GOURAVAM-PART-1- NADIGAR THILAGAM DURING THIS PHASE Reply with quote

Let us try to go back to the end 60s and the early 70s to analyse the movies that preceded and what kind of a form he was then... The early and mid 60s witnessed the ultimate combination of Bheemsingh-NT , the famous Paa series ...The 2nd part of 70s saw creators A.C.Thirulokchander, K.S.Gopalakrishnan, A.P.Nagarajan etc.. Ofrourse, Sridhar was always with NT....

Gouravam was a 1973 October release. This year also witnessed Bharatha Vilas, Raja raja Cholan, Ponnunjal , Engal Thanga raja, Manidharul manikkam and ended with Raja part Rangadurai during December ....

1969 –1970-1971- 1972 -Niraikudam , Deivamagan, Thirudan, Sivandha Mann, Enga Mama , Vietnam Veedu , Edhiroli, Raman Ethanai Ramanadi, Enrigundho Vandhaal, Praptham, Savale samali , Thenum palum, Moondru Deivangal , Babu, Raja, Nyana Oli, Pattikada Pattanama , Thavapudhalvan, Vasantha Maligai etc...

While Nadigar Thilagam-Bheem Singh combination created some memorable movies in the early 60s, he got more associated more with Directors like Mukta V.Srinivasan, ACT infact since 1967 , P.Madhavan, Yoganand, C.V.Rajendran.... In particular , he did lot of movies with ACT and P.Madhavan...

If you count the number of movies in a year, its phenomenal considering the fact that he was extremely busy and had to play multi dimentional characters . A stark contrast to what we see hardly 1 or 2 movies of leading stars today ! Even during his peak days, his arch rival Makkal Thilagam would have given hardly 2 or 3 movies in a year but NT kept on providing large number of movies with astounding variety and class....

One will also realise that he had played a wide variety of characters ranging from a middle class Mylapore man typical of the 60s with pride and value systems as Prestige Padmanabhan , an innocent Saappattu Raman to a noble Lawyer undergoing traumatic moments in Edhiroli, to an insane Engirundho Vandhan to 3 dimensional Deiva magan , an erstwhile poor Church Bell operator fulfilling the promise given to his mentor to develop his village , to a Bachelor bringing up orphan children as Enga Mama to a Hand rickshaw puller as Babu to Police Cop as Raja to the famous Emperor Raja Raja Cholan to a nationalistic Bharatha Vilas to a poor stage dram artist – Rangadurai

And finally the character of a highly successful , proud and arrogant Barister RajiniKanth !
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Balaji,

Glad that you have started a new good thread. Gowravam is my all time favourite too, about which I have already written in this forum. I have lost count of the number of times I have seen this movie. Apart from the great acting of Sivaji and the fabulous music of MSV, every other aspect of this movie is also great - the story, dialogues, direction, photography, etc.

I would like to add two more important movies to the 1969 to 1972 phase - Sorgam and Sumathi En Sundari. Sorgam is another favourite of mine, again great acting by Sivaji and fantastic music score by MSV.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: