"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mahaan Viswanathan! Isai Viswaroopan!! 2.Adult Theme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram,
Excellent! It is really a 'wild mystical beauty'!

Another unusual feature of this song is the use of VJ as the singer for such numbers, and so perfectly done, blemishless rendering of every note...

A small doubt: the clarinet that you have referred to, I was reading your essay hearing the song, simultaneously, and thought it was a trumpet played with a mute on, at least in the second occurrence? Kindly let us know.

Waiting for more...
Sai Saravanan
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அஹா ராம் அருமையான பதிவு..

நீங்களும் MSV போல unpredictable ஆக இருக்கிறீர்கள். மருத மனம் வீசும் 10 பாடல்கள் என்று எண்ணிக்கொண்டிருந்த நேரத்தில் இப்படி ஒரு எதிர்பாராத மயக்கம் தரும் மோக பாடல் பற்றிய பதிவு.

ரொம்ப Techinacal ஆகா இல்லாமல் நீங்கள் உணர்ந்த உணர்வினை வெளிபடுத்த கோர்வையாக எழதுவது என்பது மிக கடினம். உணர்வு என்பது, நாம் வெளிபடுத்த வேண்டிய வார்த்தைகளை அடைத்துவிடும். அதையும் மீறி சொற்கட்டுகளால் பாடலை விவரித்த விதம் அற்புதம். வேறு என்ன சொல்ல.

இப்பாடல் குறித்து வெகு நாட்களாக குறிப்பு ஒன்று எழுத வேண்டும் என்று எண்ணியிருந்தேன். MSV பொதுவாக ஒரு பாடலை நல்ல கர்நாடக ராகத்தில் அமைத்தால் அதே ராகத்தினை அதற்கு முற்றிலும் நேர் மாறான காட்சிக்கு பொருத்தி இசை அமைக்க வேண்டும் என்ற ஆவல் உள்ளவர் என்பது தெரிந்திருக்கும் என்று நினைக்கிறேன். ரகுபதி ராகவ ராஜாராம் பாடலின் ராகத்தினை club sequenceக்கு 'love is fine darling' பாடல் மூலம் தந்தது அவரே சொன்ன தகவல்.

இந்த பாடலை கேட்டவுடன் இதுவும் அது போல தான் செய்து இருப்பாரா என்ற சந்தேகம் இருந்தது. அது உண்மையே என்பது என் கருத்து. பாடலின் ராகம் பூர்யதனஸ்ரீ (பந்துவராளி) என்று குறிப்பிட்டு உள்ளீர்கள். அடைப்பு குறியில் 'பந்துவராளி' என்பது அதனை நிரூபிக்கிறது. 'ஏழு ஸ்வரங்களுக்குள்' பாடல் வந்த பின், வழக்கம் போல MSV க்கு இந்த ராகத்தினையும், மேற்கூறிய பாடலுக்கு நேர்மாறான காட்சியில் பொருத்தி இசை அமைக்கண் வேண்டும் என்று தோன்றியிருக்க வேண்டும். காரணம் 'நீராடும் நேரம் நல்ல' பாடல் படம் 'வைர நெஞ்சம்' என்பது, முதன் முதலில் 'ஹீரோ 74' என்று பெயர் இடப்பட்டு 1974 வருடம் வெளி வரவேண்டியது. ஆனால் சில வருடங்கள் கால தாமதமானதால் அதன் பெயர் மாற்றப்பட்டது.

எனவே 1972 வது வருடம் வந்த 'அபூர்வ ராகங்கள்' படத்திற்கு பின் 1974 வது வருடம் வர வேண்டிய 'ஹீரோ 74' படத்திற்கு 1973 வருடம் COMPOSING நடந்திருக்கும்.

மேலும் இன்னொரு சாட்சி சொல்கிறேன். 'காதல் காதல் என்று பேச ' பாடலில் மதுவந்தி (தர்மவதி) ராகத்தினை sentimental ஆக கொடுத்த அதே MSVதான், அதே ராகத்தில் 'Hello My Dear Wrong Number' என்ற காம ரசத்தையும் கொடுத்தார் என்பதனயும் நினைவில் கொள்ள வேண்டும்.
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram's probing analysis can be understood and enjoyed better by listening to the song and comparing the two masterpieces. Hence I am giving the youtube link.

http://youtu.be/uvknaw6In7Q

Honestly, I am yet to digest Ram's posting which can be done only by repeated reading.

Murali, I think the original title of Vaira nenjam was Hero 72, not Hero 74.

In Endrum MSV, after the song Ezhy swarangalukkul was played, MSV mentioned 'neeraadum neram' as being set in the same raga and demonstrated using Ananthu. MSV rarely mentions any link of his songs to carnatic raagaas. Here he had compared these two. It appears that the two songs were composed within a short interval and MSV was conscious of using the same raagaa for both the songs.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parthavi wrote:
Ram's probing analysis can be understood and enjoyed better by listening to the song and comparing the two masterpieces. Hence I am giving the youtube link.

http://youtu.be/uvknaw6In7Q

Honestly, I am yet to digest Ram's posting which can be done only by repeated reading.

Murali, I think the original title of Vaira nenjam was Hero 72, not Hero 74.

In Endrum MSV, after the song Ezhy swarangalukkul was played, MSV mentioned 'neeraadum neram' as being set in the same raga and demonstrated using Ananthu. MSV rarely mentions any link of his songs to carnatic raagaas. Here he had compared these two. It appears that the two songs were composed within a short interval and MSV was conscious of using the same raagaa for both the songs.

Thanks Mr. Paarthavi. I was not aware about MSV's information about this song. Thanks again for your detailed information.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: IT'S INFINITE CHOICE WITH MSV Reply with quote

Hi Ram, Murali,

Yet another Master Piece (I would even call it Master Peace as only MSV's music can bring in real peace unto all of us Very Happy)...

MSV's usage of raagas (always unintended though) have always been a mystery of sort as the path of each song is so unpredictable in nature that seldom does he stay within the raga dharma. But at the same time, any deviation is so carefully negotiated by this Genius of a creator composer that even the seasoned or the knowledgeable listener is always awe struck at his sheer creativity that transcends all barriers laid down in the anals of music!!! No wonder giants like MS or Aruna Sairam have greatly revered his creations.

Now as far as the instruments used in this song are concerned, the prelude has a lilting Combo Organ piece followed by a defeaning Cello that literally gives a go ahead for Vaani Jayram to start... The interludes are dotted with marvellous combo organ & flute pieces seemlessly fused with muted trumpet pieces which no one could ever even conceive leave alone use one. One of the biggest puzzles to confront me which is yet to be answered by anyone is how does MSV choose his instruments and what runs inside his mind when the song is composed and what warrants the usage of particular instrument in a song? For example, the cello piece I mentioned about is something that perfectly sits there as if it had reserved it's place in advance!!!!

Yet another fantastic tit bit on this song by Vaani Jayram as shared with us by her during one of our interactions... In the place where the song goes like this "pothum ena naan kooda, bodhaiyudan nee ada".....she mentioned about the usage of the word "bodhai" which in itself intoxicates the listener while anyone who could have used the same word would have made the listener to puke!!! Such was her inference on our Master's handling of this song and the emphasis he gives for the lyrical & emotional content of a song...

Ram, yet another immortal melody to show the composing prowess of our Master Creator. Another great feature of his music is the evolution that his music has gone through since the 50's to the 80's and beyond. But the indisbutable fact remains that MSV finished all the genres of music known to mankind in the 60's itself (when technology was primitive) while composers of today are still searching for a melody with technology at it's peak!!!

CHEERS

MSV
IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்பு ராம்

இவ்வளவு திறமையை உள்ளடக்கி வைத்திருக்கும் நீங்களும் சரஸ்வதியின் செல்ல பிள்ளை தான் -
உங்களின் எழுத்தின் மூலம் நீங்களும் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் , கவியரசு, வாணி அவர்களுடன் பதக்க வாங்கும் போட்டியில் களம் காண்கிறீர்கள் '

எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்த இந்த பாடல், ஒரு வெற்றி பெறாத ,மிகத் தாமதமாக வந்த படத்தில் இடம் பெற்றமையினால் , இந்த பாடலுக்கு கிடைக்க வேண்டிய வெற்றிகள் கிடைக்காதது எமக்கு மிக பெரிய வருத்தம்
அந்த வருத்தம் உங்களுடய இன்றைய பதிவு தீர்த்தது என்றால் மிகையில்லை . நிச்சயம் இதை எல்லா ஊடக தளங்களிலும் பதிவு செய்வேன்

வாழ்த்துக்கள் நன்றிகள் பலப்பல
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful and excellent sum up by Vaidy sir! Your analysis of the use of instruments, raga and the meanings that you derive, it has given a completeness to Ram's descriptions.
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

face book responses

Kunjitha Swaminathan It certainly makes an interesting reading for us.
9 hrs · Unlike · 1

ரவி ச்சந்திரன் அபாரமான விவரிப்பு.சாதாரணமாய் ஈஸ்வரியக்காவிற்குப் போகும் பாடல் இது(அவருக்கும் ஒரு பாடல் தந்திருக்கிறார் -அம்மான் மகன் அதுவும் முற்றிலும் மாறுபட்டது)முதலில் வாணியைப் பாடவைத்தால் சிறப்புறும் என்பதன் தீர்க்க தரிசனம்தான் என்ன.இதர சிற்றின்பப் பாடல்களுக்கான வாத்தியங்களோ அதிரும் இசையோ இல்லை.மகுடியைப் போல் சுழலும் இசை வித்தை.சரியான காட்சியும் எழுதும் கவிராயரும்,பாடும் பாடகியும் அமைந்தால் இப்படித்தான் ஒரு பாடல் உயரும்.மின்னுவது என்று ஒரு சங்கதி பாடும் வாணியம்மாவிற்கு வந்தனம்.மன்னன் என்றாலே ஆட்சி செய்பவர் தானே?ஆண்டு விட்டார்

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Mr vaidy

conceiving the idea and on usage of instruments - like you said its a puzzle.
ny number it wont be jarring , and like you said " seemlessly fused "

i tried to find out from him , but Smile was his answer. i hope one day i will make him open up on this subject

A Request -you should take up to explain the instrumention side of the Master's creation

we read on ragas compositions ,but not on instrumentation . pls consider and write a series
thanks for your considerstion
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: IT'S INFINITE CHOICE WITH MSV Reply with quote

vaidymsv wrote:
[b][color=green][size=18]Hi Ram, Murali,

One of the biggest puzzles to confront me which is yet to be answered by anyone is how does MSV choose his instruments and what runs inside his mind when the song is composed and what warrants the usage of particular instrument in a song?

Yes. Vaidy. That is a mystery unlocked so far.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: NEED 9TH SENSE PROBABLY??? Reply with quote

Hi Ram, Murali & VK,

While many of us would leave this world without getting a constructive answer from MSV for many questions posed to him over the years, one thing is certain, they will remain unanswered and the second thing we will leave without an answer from MSV!!!.

MSV is such a prolific spontaneous creator, he never remembers anything that he did. Had he started remembering all the works he did, probably he would have turned an arrogant human being. He is such a simple, down to earth darling, he makes sure that whatever he has done is done with utmost sincerity. Vatsan & I have had many nasty situations wherein we would be really closeted with him expecting a never before heard answer or reaction but to our utter disappointment he would either smile it off or put his hands up as if he didn't do it at all!!! I would love to see it as a mystery for the rest of my life as here's a man truly a re-incarnation of musical Godess Kalaivani. Can we ever question the God on this???

The best thing is to enjoy each & every moment of HIS tunes again and again.....

CHEERS
MS
V IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

That's another superb analysis from you of the song நீராட நேரம் நல்ல நேரம், which is another of my favourite numbers and I keep listening to it again and again (I have posted this song in the 'Unforgettable Compositions of MSV' section). Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram and friends,
I wish to add a typical and classical example of the trumpet played with the mute, just to reinforce one of the brilliant concepts used by our master MM. The example that came to my mind immediately was that of the famous master and child prodigy Maynard Ferguson who went on to play across the globe with his trumpet-based troupe. Of course, he personally used to often play in the higher ranges, which was nearly a kind of soprano, to highlight the mood, and he excelled very often, to the joy of the crowd! I had the great opportunity on few occasions to listen him live at Prashanti Nilayam when he performed some bhajans, which was when he mentioned and added the mute to 'sing' the bhajans through his trumpet! Since I do not follow (or understand) western classical music (or any other classical form, for that matter, excepting MM's music!!), I failed to collect those earlier. I am giving below some link available on the internet to a piece in one of his famous albums (Maynard Ferguson Big Bop Nouveau) where he performs a Sai bhajan, called "Sweet Baba Suite":

http://www.deezer.com/track/891377

http://www.allmusic.com/album/these-cats-can-swing!-mw0000176926

Though the free listening period is short, one can listen to the muted trumpet ringing with Omkaar! Kindly listen.....

Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: