"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aarambam indre aagattum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Aarambam indre aagattum Reply with quote

Dear friends,
One of my school-time favourites is this lovely song. I remember this more for SPB's youthful and melodious voice, and of course, for the impulsive type of a composition from our master. Probably, he might have thought of SPB's voice when asked to compose!! What a marvel of a composition!

The percussion carries on the brushes on the drums so effortlessly that you do not realise the movement of the song. There is a sudden intrusion of the drum portion (with sticks), present just for a few lines and vanishing almost as quietly as it entered. This SPB's portion nearly dominates the song only in this brief portion, in an otherwise LRE-drenched screams and whispers! (This hero probably does not get any opportunity to dominate in this film, it appears?) The high pitched whistling adds to the mystery element, and complements the high notes of the flute and the orchestra. Really if one listens this on a quiet night (as I am in now), MM's plans of contrasting a melodious, yet subdued, beautiful singing by SPB and his cajoling voice, to the background high-pitched music, you feel like sailing under the moonlight with SPB's voice! A beautiful composition, probably, must have been done in a few minutes by the master, I am sure. It is like a whiff of fresh breeze appearing in suddenly, disappearing next moment!

Just got a chance to hear this song now and my thoughts became filled with MM's creations.

Thanks,

Sai Saravanan
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sai,

one of the best pick. I relish this song for the sheer beauty of MM's orchestration ability. And as you rightly observed the song is so youthful.
I am bowled over again and again hearing the Violin strings in the First and the 3rd interlude.

Just I tried this song long back in my keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ9HOxL4mqc&feature=youtu.be&list=UUuCkjzXSnSFCZ6ykawU2a5g
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sai Sir,

Wonderful song, superb orchestration..heavy Cello usage...and double bass too..

SPB being used for the Youth element and LRE for the peppy feeling.

The movie has rich variety considering that this song comes as a welcome relief to otherwise very gripping and emotional story line.

Look, MSV is a genius...for the senior Sowcar, Kayyodu kai serrkum kaalangale

and for the junior , this song !

While the former will be all grace and dignity personafied , the latter is lacking behind on lyrics ....Pattangal petraal podhumooo...panpaadum maarikooda pogumo ? ? Kavignar questions the hero !

Also, 2 different charnams, the 2nd one being the toughest for any composer but MSV at his awesome best.....Muthcharam vaadum vannam mella anaippen........

Great pick Sir.....
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Balaji sir!
The second charanam mesmerises me a lot, and overall, it is MM and SPB....
What a composition, as you said, for a different situation, with no big support from lyrics or others...
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: