"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mahaan Viswanathan! Isai Viswaroopan!! 2.Adult Theme
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram
Devotee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vk1959 wrote:
A Request -you should take up to explain the instrumention side of the Master's creation

Wonderful idea VK sir!!!!!

Vaidy.... Are you listening ?????????

Please start a series on instrumentation.

You are the BEST FIT for writing MSV's Instrumentation !!!!!!!!!!!!!
vaidymsv
Philiac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: NEED 9TH SENSE PROBABLY??? Reply with quote

Hi Ram, Murali & VK,

While many of us would leave this world without getting a constructive answer from MSV for many questions posed to him over the years, one thing is certain, they will remain unanswered and the second thing we will leave without an answer from MSV!!!.

MSV is such a prolific spontaneous creator, he never remembers anything that he did. Had he started remembering all the works he did, probably he would have turned an arrogant human being. He is such a simple, down to earth darling, he makes sure that whatever he has done is done with utmost sincerity. Vatsan & I have had many nasty situations wherein we would be really closeted with him expecting a never before heard answer or reaction but to our utter disappointment he would either smile it off or put his hands up as if he didn't do it at all!!! I would love to see it as a mystery for the rest of my life as here's a man truly a re-incarnation of musical Godess Kalaivani. Can we ever question the God on this???

The best thing is to enjoy each & every moment of HIS tunes again and again.....

CHEERS
MS
V IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Venugopalan Soundararajan
Philiac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

That's another superb analysis from you of the song நீராட நேரம் நல்ல நேரம், which is another of my favourite numbers and I keep listening to it again and again (I have posted this song in the 'Unforgettable Compositions of MSV' section). Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Sai Saravanan
Philiac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram and friends,
I wish to add a typical and classical example of the trumpet played with the mute, just to reinforce one of the brilliant concepts used by our master MM. The example that came to my mind immediately was that of the famous master and child prodigy Maynard Ferguson who went on to play across the globe with his trumpet-based troupe. Of course, he personally used to often play in the higher ranges, which was nearly a kind of soprano, to highlight the mood, and he excelled very often, to the joy of the crowd! I had the great opportunity on few occasions to listen him live at Prashanti Nilayam when he performed some bhajans, which was when he mentioned and added the mute to 'sing' the bhajans through his trumpet! Since I do not follow (or understand) western classical music (or any other classical form, for that matter, excepting MM's music!!), I failed to collect those earlier. I am giving below some link available on the internet to a piece in one of his famous albums (Maynard Ferguson Big Bop Nouveau) where he performs a Sai bhajan, called "Sweet Baba Suite":

http://www.deezer.com/track/891377

http://www.allmusic.com/album/these-cats-can-swing!-mw0000176926

Though the free listening period is short, one can listen to the muted trumpet ringing with Omkaar! Kindly listen.....

Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: