"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOSTALGIA ALL THE WAY!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

photos of the event

https://plus.google.com/photos/111404673797105156697/albums/6111697281029341297?banner=pwa

thanks to venkat sridhar

an appeal to all those those who clicked pls send a copy to us at msvtimes.com@gmail.com
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks VK for the photos. Wonderful . PS Mdm looking majestic and cheerful . Great .
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank u balaji
you will get yr personal copy of CD too soon
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Vijay Krishna and those who worked with him for making the evening of 31st Jan a memorable evening for everyone present there.

To me, the two significant takeaways from this program were:
Thayanban's revelation (through a small demonstration) about how MSV would dictate notes to the orchestra one by one. It is amazing how he could harmonize such individual notes into wonderful orchestration. A few moths back, AR Rahman also mentioned in a Vijay TV program MSV's unique and inimitable ability to give notes to the orchestra composing them in his mind, something he admitted that he had never come across.

PS's assertion that MSV would not allow her to use her own Sangathis or modify his Sangathis. SPB has also mentioned this a couple of times, but not so unequivocally.

Thayanban's observations on Sittukkuruvi muththam kotuththu and Shekhar's observations on Katru vandhaal and other songe were unexpected bonanza for a person like me who can only sense that some piece of music is s amazing but won't understand what makes t so amazing.

Thanks again for the great show.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Parthavi on behalf of "TEAM MSV" which includes yourself too

best regds
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I could see the photos uploaded and they are remarkably nostalgic, what with great personalities ranging from Mr.Mani, PS, Shyam, Gandhi Kannadasan, and many others gracing the function! Thanks for the upload.

I was not in a position to attend, but, it was purely coincidental that I was able to be there for an hour or so. I must thank Mr.VK for guiding me.

Like the way the British stage magician Nevil Maskelyne wrote in 1908 on Murphy's law, "It is an experience common to all men to find that, on any special occasion, such as the production of a magical effect for the first time in public, everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Whether we must attribute this to the malignity of matter or to the total depravity of inanimate things, whether the exciting cause is hurry, worry, or what not, the fact remains," (Quote borrowed from Wikipedia details on Murphy's law) what I encountered on that evening while operating Mr.Vatsan's laptop was too much of a nasty coincidence! The laptop (which was switched on from 5.30pm, I suppose) had finally lost out on its battery power and did not respond when Smt.PS was invited on stage! The background clipping song planned to be played (for PS) could not be played. Of course, thankfully, all the earlier ones came on well and on time too. But, this moment, as if to remind us on Murphy's law, let us down briefly. My sincere apologies to Vatsan sir for letting him down.
I could not be there till the curtains, and therefore missed out on PJ, Sekhar and many other interesting episodes that I could read now.
Once again, I wish to thank MrVK and all for getting an opportunity to see and talk to many of our forum members.
Thanks,
Sai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: