"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV BACK IN ACTION - IN THE STUDIO!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: MSV BACK IN ACTION - IN THE STUDIO!!! Reply with quote

Dear All,

I wish to share this greatest joy of my life - to see our Legend MSV back in the studios. Yes - yesterday was the song recording for a new Tamil Film - "Valiban Sutrum Ulagam"!!!. The recording at the Kothandapani Studios was really awesome and I along with Sabesan, Venkat & Ramki attended the recording. The orchestra consisted of Violin section consisting of 15, cello, mandolin, brass section consisting of trumpets and trombone, flute, thumba, tabla, key boards and in all about 30 members played yesterday. The song written by Vaali is literally built on names drawn from MGR's hit movies. Very innovative & powerful lyrics for which Our Legend has once again given his heart and soul for the song!!! A great violin prelude, flute interlude... the song is a beauty. I have already shot video of this recording but we will be able to upload only after the release of this movie. Members, please wait till then!!!

I also had the oppurtunity to meet one of the senior most violinists in MSV's orchestra, Mr. Ronnie David. My God, he was recalling the recording days of Puthia Paravai, Anbey Vaa (the western chorus in all the songs of these movies was also sung by Ronnie David) and as usual he drowned in nostalgia!!! If one wishes to recall his face - he is the tall gentleman who stands & plays the violin with dark glasses in the song Paramasivan Kazhuthilirundhu Paambu Kettathu". He was so happy when I mentioned this to him.

Due to certain self imposed restrictions, we do not want to discuss more in detail about the songs until the film is released. We only wanted to share this joy of seeing Our Legend with full compliment of his orchestra and we thank MSV the Almighty for giving us this opportunity. We also wish to inform all, that the speed of our Legend has not come down at all and we really enjoyed every moment of this recording. More in the next session of recording scheduled for the 3rd week of this month!!!

MSV SCORES FOREVER!!!

CHEERS
VAIDY
CO MODERATOR
MSVTIMES.COM

saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... really a great news for all of us...

Our Master started his another innings in Tamil Cine Music. Defibitely he will bring back the 'lost repect' for Tamil Cine songs among the public.

We are eagerly waiting to hear his new songs.

Thanks Vaidy for sharing your wonderful experinces in the recording theatre.

MSV rules ever

Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy

Thanks for sharing the news with us. MSV did another film " MGR ILLAM" and finished couple of songs but after that no news at all. It all depends on who is producing the movie/director etc.
Let us pray that this one go through well.

regards
ramesh
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR VAIDY,

VERY HEARTENING NEWS.BUT IS HE DOING THE FULL THROATED SINGING
WHEN HE TEACHES?IS HE STRETCHING HIMSELF? WHAT IS HIS DOCTORS ADVICE. KINDLY TELL HIM SUITABLY AND KEEP A WATCH AS HE IS PRONE TO OVERSTRETCH HIMSELF.WE PRAY HIM GOOD HEALTH .

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing to hear & stunning also !

This genius is peerless .

I think this must be a record ( SOMEBODY COMPOSING AT THE AGE OF 80+ ) .

Dear Vaidy, Touching my heart, I pray that God takes a portion of my life and transfer it to the LEGEND .

Long live Guru MSV .

Today its an emotional moment for me to hear this .

PLEASE TAKE VIDEOS OF THE RECORDINGS AND HOST AT THE RIGHT TIME . Very Happy
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji, Shankarnarayanan, Ramesh & Sharadha,

Thank you all for sharing and celebrating the "Return of The Legend". Yes I was there for most of the recording and I have shot video of the same. Ramesh, I did attend the recording of MGR Illam (fabulous songs) also but unfortunately the movie couldn't be released. Let's Pray that this one "comes around the globe successfully". But as you have all said, Our Master's speed and efficiency has only got better from the way I saw him working!!! Venkat your observations please at the scene of the recording.

MSV SCORES FOREVER
CHEERS
VAIDY

Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy

Is there is any chance that MGR ILLAM songs will come out?

You have any news about that ?

regards
ramesh
irenehastings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr. vaidy sir

eventhough it is glad news for all of us, please tell him not to struggle much for the songs as before. (why i am telling you is that you are so close to him and meeting him often).

we are already having with us his thousands and thousands of his gems, diamonds, emeralds rubys and safires with us.

he must take full rest atleast for three months, as he has undergone for the surgical operation. he is already running in his 79 and we need him more and more years with us with good health.

please tell him not to strain much for this thankless job
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Thank You Irene Reply with quote

Dear Irene,

Thank you for your concern about our Legend's health. You said it right. He should not strain himself too much, but he is taking all precautions not to over doo things.
Cheers
vaidy
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Best wishes to MSV! Reply with quote

This is absolutely a great news and this definitely would have been a great 'sight' for people who saw the recording 'LIVE'. And the video taken by our Vaidy will be a treasure for furture generations.

At the moment I must definitely appreciate the meticulous efforts of Vaidy in taking snaps and videos for the benefit of the Club members and Venky in collecting (only) MSV's music in "whatever" way and storing in his laptop.

(Hey Venky, dont forget to take back-ups of your system as your laptop has already turned in to a "treasure" and our Club should not miss any of your collections!!!)

As pointed-out by many of the members, MSV should conciously avoid any stress/strain by over-excertion. We know his level of "intimacy" with music and without his knowledge he should not start to "over do" during the recordings.

MSVTIMES wishes this new film and its music, a great success!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Great News indeed Ram! Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

Yes, the recording was a great sight. The violin, cello sections were beautifully synchronised and the brass section was also awesome. After the recording was over, our Legend called every member of the orchestra
into the main control room and made them listen to the whole song. Most of the orchestra members fondly recalled how our Legend moves with them and how caring he is!!! Many of them felt only our Legend had this Great Ingeetham apart from his Impeccable Sangeetham!!! BTW Ram, Sriram Lakshman called me 2 days back and we had a marathon 3 hours talk on the phone. He is coming in April and I have already briefed him about the concert we have been planning. Will mail you more on that once we work out the modalities. He started his telecon with a full throated Maadhavi Pon Mayilaal (happens to be his most favourite song, You hit the bulls eye Ram!!!).

Ramesh, I really doubt if the songs from MGR Illam will be out before the movie is released. As of now the movied in shrouded in some controversy and hence the delay. What makes me very sad is that people like us are absolutely deprived of listening to our Master's latest. Lets Pray that all the works of our Master are released so that all of us can enjoy them.

MSV SCORES FOREVER
CHEERS
VAIDY
CO-MODERATOR, MSVTIMES.COM

DURGABALA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramesh.P wrote:
Dear Vaidy

Thanks for sharing the news with us. MSV did another film " MGR ILLAM" and finished couple of songs but after that no news at all. It all depends on who is producing the movie/director etc.
Let us pray that this one go through well.

regards
ramesh

Dear MSV VAIDY
THIS IS BALA. GREAT NEWS GREAT EVENT/
BALA
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Best wishes to MSV! Reply with quote

[quote="Ram"]

(Hey Venky, dont forget to take back-ups of your system as your laptop has already turned in to a "treasure" and our Club should not miss any of your collections!!!)

Dear Ram,
I am just following what Vaidhy uncle had been DOING for years altoghether. He is my GURU when it comes to collecting and Ripping of songs or any other activities are concerned. He is rightly called as MSV ACTIVIST !!!!

Honestly speaking, am nothing when it comes to collecting or talking about or listening to or anything to do with MSV's music when compared to Vaidhy uncle. I Heartfully THANK him for the service he does to the Elite Members of this forum by collecting Our Master's music despite his problems that I know personally.

HATS OFF Uncle !!!!

Keep up your Good Work !!!

MSV Rules !!!
Venky
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: DEVOTEES OF GOD! Reply with quote

Hi Venkat,

Thank you for your encouraging message. Well, we are all Devotees of a Musical God called MSV and certainly there can be no better moments in our lives than moments spent on His music. I must thank you for being such an ardent rasika of our Legend right from the word go and I must mention here that you have also been instrumental in furthering our collections. I salute you and your diehard loyalty to Our Master's Music!!!

MSV SCORES FOREVER!!!
CHEERS
VAIDY

s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,

HAD THE PRIVILAGE OF ATTENDING THE RECORDING OF "VAALIBAN SUTRUM ULAGAM" ON 2ND AND 3RD,MAY. WATCHING THE MASTER WIELDING THE BATON WAS A GREAT SIGHT.IN FACT, A LENGTHY SONG OF ABOUT FOURAND HALF MINUTES WAS CONCIEVED ,COMPOSED,REHEARSED AND RECORDED WITHIN THREE HOURS.THE SPEED IS SIMPLY AMAZING. I WAS CURIOUS TO HAVE A CLOSE LOOK AT THE ENTIRE CREATIVE PROCESS AND I COULD FIND NO METHOD TO THIS WITH THE MASTER. HIS ENTIRE COMPOSITIONAL METHOD IS SO VERY DYNAMIC THAT HE STARTS WITH STRUCTURE AND KEEPS POLISHING IT AS IT EVOLVES AND THIS THIS EVEN PROCEEDS DURING THE TAKE OF THE SONG.UNMATCHABLE SPEED.AND IT IS FUN TO TO WATCH HIM BESIDES THE MIXING CONSOLE DURING THE TAKE(VAIDY ,IT IS WORTH VIDEAOGRAPHING).THE CHARECTERISTIC RESTLESSNESS,PUNCHY,BUT NOT SO HURTY CORRECTIONS,THE BLISS FUL GESTURES AS THE SONG EVOLVES,A PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE BRIGTNESS OF THE RHYTM INSTRUMENTS -HE LOOKS AS EBULLIENT AS A TEENAGER.
ONE VERY CATCHY THING TO WATCH IN THIS SONGS.BGM"S ARE VERY NEW AND DIFFERENT.
IT LOOKS THE SONG RECORDINGS ARE COMPLETE.

I ALSO TOOK MY SON ALONG FOR THE SECOND DAY RECORDING AND INTRODUCED TO HIM SAYING THAT HE IS LEARNING CLASSICAL MANDOLIN FOR PAST SEVEN YEARS,HEARING WHICH HE IMMEDIETLY TURNED NOSTALGIC AND STARTED NARRATING HOW THE MANDOLIN PRODIGY (YOU KNOW WHO) CAME TO HIM AND PLAYRED SOME KEERTHANAS AND MASTER HAS TOLD:

ENAKKU APPIDIYE PULLARICHI POCHU.NAAN SONNEN"NEE APARA THIRAMASALEE.ENGITTE NEE IRUNTHA UNAKKU AVVALAVU ANGEEGAARAM KIDAIKKADHUPPA'.

tell me,how many of his stature would tell this?

GREAT SOUL BEYOND COMPARE.

MSV MESMERISES BEYOND MUSIC.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: