"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Filmography.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Filmography. Reply with quote

In the Filmography section, you have listed films upto 1965 under MSV-TKR and from 1966 onwards under MSV. Actually, MSV & TKR parted in mid-1965, "Aayirathil Oruvan" being the last movie they worked together.

Though "Kalangarai Vilakkam" was the first movie for which MSV started composing alone, it was TR Ramanna's "Nee" (Jaishankar-Jayalalitha), which got released first, with the title showing "Music: M S Viswanathan". The song "Adada Enna Azhagu, Aruge Vandhu Pazhagu" by LR Easwari in "Nee" is a fabulous composition of the Legend. I will do my posting on this song separately.

So, in 1965, "Nee", "Kalangarai Vilakkam" and "Kuzhandayum Deivamum", should be listed under MSV's Music.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Dictionary! Reply with quote

Hey Ram,

There goes yet another MSV dictionary!!! Noted all the contents? Pse upload the corrected info. Thanks Mr. Venu
vaidy
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noted. Will be corrected soon.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Filmography. Reply with quote

Dear Saradha,

Thanks for pointing out my slip in omitting "Neelavanam". You are right. While on the Film, I remember the two wonderful numbers from this movie, "Oho ho, Odum Megangale" and "Oh Little Flower, see your lover".

On "Nee", the other songs of the movie were also excellent, i.e. "One Day, One Way, One Girl, One Boy, Honeymoon", and "Enakku Vandha Indha Mayakkam Unakkum Varavendum, Vandalenna...".

On "Kalangarai Vilakkam", you have missed out "Ennai Marandhaden Thendrale....".
s ramaswamy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: filmography Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am a new member here. I wish to bring to the notice of the site administrators that I am unable to click on the links on the home page except those at the top. I particularly wanted to click on filmography but was unable to do so. Any particular reason? Kindly advise.
Ram

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ramaswamy!

Welcome to this Elite "MSV Club" !

We have some issues in the site when accessed in Browsers like Mozilla Firefox. You should'nt be seeing this if you use Internet Explorer. We are working on correcting this problem.

Welcome again!
Jeev

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: 1965 Reply with quote

In 1965 MSV alone composed music for the following films:

Kalankarai Villakkam
Nee
Magane Kel ( Unnai Partha Kann Irendum Ennai Paarthu)
Kulandaiyum Deivamum
Neelavanam
Anandhi ( Kannile Anbirunthal Kalile Deivam Varum)

Kalankarai Villakkam was the first movie to be released after MSV & TKR
separated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: