"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AN AVALANCHE OF MELODIES BY YGM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: AN AVALANCHE OF MELODIES BY YGM! Reply with quote

Dear All,

That the premises of Vaani Mahal where YGM anchored his musical tribute yesterday (23.07.2015) to the greatest creator of this world Shri. Shri. MSV simply reverberated with not only the musical renderings but, of those who had assembled in full strength that ensured overflowing of the auditorium on a weekday!!! Every one of them, a staunch devotee, completely emotionally charged of this greatest musical phenomenon of India ensured that the evening was a virtual enchomium offering sacred ceremony on the 10th day of this greatest melodious soul having departed from us to continue HIS celestial, eternal journey.

HE WENT BACK TO WHERE HE BELONGED...

Full marks to YGM for launching a non-stop first 60 minutes that consisted of some of the finest tunes created by this Master Creator that left the audience in absolute euphoria. The following two hours ensured that the same tempo was maintained and at about 10pm, left all of us present there craving for more with many of us including me screaming for "All Night Long" with YGM gracefully acknowledging our message with a reply...."All life is not enough, if it's MSV's music" drowning us literally in the sea of melodies!

The singers who enthralled all of us included Ananthu - whom we consider as the re-incarnation of MSV himself who by his mesmorising voice brought back the legend alive right infront of us! Mukesh - considered by none other than the Legend himself as one of the finest singers was in full flow bringing back the Late Great Seergazhi Govindarajan. Hindu Bala, Delhi Prabhakar, Saicharan, Raja also lended their right support at the right time. The girls were scintillating as usual with Kalpana (with the arduous task of doubling up for PS & LRE) Madhuvanthi & Saindavi rendering some of the greatest oldies from the golden era of TFM ably assisted by the fine orchestra. The first highlight of the evening was the tearful rendering of Engirundalum Vaazhga by Veteran AL Raghavan who found it very difficult to control his emotions. At this age of 80+ a singer who retains his shruti is a true inspiration to all those new generation singers who rely on advanced softwares. MSVTIMES.COM's permanent visitor Vaani Jayram with her usual melodious medley, kept us together in tears literally. Gandhi Kannadasan & PBS's son were there to relive those glorious moments I guess.

As part of the second highlight came this bright little star Harshitha, the youngest on the stage who stole everyone's heart by her monumental, soulful rendering of "Chithirai Matham Powrnami Neram" - song of the Indian Railways set to score by our Legend. It was an absolute treat to watch this youngster (aspiring to be a para medic expert) delivering her song with total ease. The near standing ovation by all in the auditorium was ample proof that the crowd loved every moment of it. It was even more a surprise to see people wishing this girl when we went out to dine where they also happened to be there after the programme!

What deserves to be mentioned here is the spontaneous response of Mr. YGM. When I called him & suggested that a young talent wishes to sing in this programme, he didn't even think for a second but immediately told me to send her for the rehearsal. I thank him whole heartedly for this beautiful gesture which I am sure was the result of the sheer admiration he has for Shri. MSV, which he has been striving hard to pass on to generation next. YGM was absolutely right....It isn't enough if you listen to MSV, you need to feel it, imbibe it into your system. No wonder those who practice this not only become addicts to his music that has pure therepeutic values, but enjoy this addiction for the rest of their lives.

YGM not only established a perfect synch with the audience but ensured of their total participation with some of the women folks seated in front of us literally getting into a trance! Apart from his great whistling skills, his impeccable playing of the drums for Aaada Varallam made everyone to dance in the sitting posture itself while his tabla accompaniment for Nilave Ennidam Nerungathey made me find a great tabla player in our neibhourhood! The rhythms were so ecstatic that all of us were thoroughly intoxicated and drenched by the melodies of this musician par excellence Shri. MSV to an extent that when the song Viswanathan Velai Vendum was dedicated as part of a medly, the entire auditorium sang.....Viswanathan Meendum Vendum" for, the void he had left behind is simply irreplaceable.

YGM's repeated mention of MSVTIMES.COM during the concert was not only very timely but made the sponsors, Shriram Properties to work on a project to honour a deserving talent establishing true melody, parneting with us - MSVTIMES.COM, which I personally consider as the greatest of second recognition in a row awarded to us, besides the MSVTIMES.COM flag adorning the mortal remains of Shri. Shri. MSV on the last leg of his journey...

True to our emotions inside, when we stepped out, the skies had already opened up for a rain avalanche this time ensuring us of an evening filled with nostalgia, happiness and above all Reverence for this Vaamana of Music!!

LONG LIVE SHRI. SHRI. MSV... I WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU MY DEAREST GURU....

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!! MSV MOMENTS, MOMENTS OF LIFE!!

VAIDYMSV

jeyaramg1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaidy:

That was an excellent narration by you, the great programme I missed yday as I had to be out of station. Thank you for the writing. As rightly mentioned by you, I have always felt Master's music has become part of YGM's soul and I believe you could witness the effect yday. Great.

-Jeyaram G
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vaidy for the wonderful account of the YGM Show. Unfortunately, I had to leave the auditorium at the start of 'Neerodum Vaigayile', as I was going out of station.

Thanks Ragavendran for the complete list of songs.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: