"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shri. M S VISWANATHAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Shri. M S VISWANATHAN Reply with quote

M S VISWANATHAN
Days have rolled off; yet, not a moment passes by without some
reference to MSV. I used to accord a casual value to the age-old utterance “He has not disappeared but stays among us”. Only now the statement reveals itself as truth beyond question. Yes, MSV’s slipping off to ethereal state has lent credence to all those time-old suggestions. He [MSV] continues to stay behind us and sustains that position consistently that by any number of turnings around, we do not ‘see him’.
Now, he is all- pervading through any of our daily chores that some song or the other of his, lingers around on its own in a silent reminder of the immaculate perfection of that composition befitting the occasion that we are in. These happenings of ‘MSV gripping us’ simply occur as it were, with no effort to recall him. This is precisely the value of MSV to the concept of film music. Honestly, MSV’s assertion ‘mortal men and immortal music’ comes to life, keeps filling the air in every possible form that the World knows at the moment.

The song “viNNOdum mugilOdum” flashed in me yesterday for no reason. Well, this was the first movie song that possessed me, as a captivating piece in my III form [= 8th standard] when I had no idea of how songs were made for movies. In that unbiased, uncontaminated mind, the piece crept in by its sheer novelty of the insertion of flute pieces at the end of the lyric frames [Was it not orchestration that we talk of?]. Yesterday, when this 58+ old song flashed in me, the pallavi seemed a reference to MSV’s celestial state –“ viNNOdum mugilOdum viLaiyAdum veNNilavE, kaNNOdu konjum kalai azhagE isai amudhAE”. Yes, he keeps playing from there.

Divinity has done it through him for everyone to enjoy all moments of life – yes, for everyone –Prince or pauper alike. That is one more Godly facet of his; in giving whatever he could –he was equally magnanimous – ‘orutharukkA koduththAn? Illai oorukkAga koduththAn’. His was absolute dedication- a human value that never fails any attempt. Even in that he has left a message that honesty of purpose not merely succeeds, it stays a guiding beacon for all time to come. Is there a song of his [no matter how old it is] which has no relevance either in concept or in brilliance?

[b]All this and more with no formal education is the biggest message.[/b]

With Divine blessings nothing goes wrong; also, there is no eclipsing true quality. He keeps spreading his radiance through all his pieces and does it with ease to the delight and comfort of quality- conscious film music lovers.
HE HAS NO END, FOR HE IS A PRODUCT OF DIVINITY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: