"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request to host the "pongum poompunal" instrumenta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
app_engine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Request to host the "pongum poompunal" instrumenta Reply with quote

Greetings to the moderators of this forum!

You're doing a commendable job!

Since I couldn't find a thread / place where I can request for pieces to host on the msvtimes.com's music section, I had to open this...

There used to be an instrumental LP record in our school by Mellisai Mannar. All fabulous pieces! For quick identification, I quoted the music that "Ilankai oli parappu koottu sthAbanam - Thamizh sevai 2" (IOKS or SLBC whichever abbreviation you want to use:-)) used for their morning program "pongum poompunal" that used to feature some new songs of the time period...(Oh, those were real great days...)

That piece was part of this LP record and so were a number of soulful compositions! I especially like the one that starts and ends with a steam engine train sound with phrases similar to the "andhamAnaippArungaL azhagu" prelude...

I have no means to acquire / play that exotic LP now (I'm in metro Detroit area now where shops that sell TFM are rare)...I'm not sure whether anyone sells it anymore, even in TN...can't find these in the web anywhere...One TFM encyclopaedia, Mr Saravanan of dhool.com has promised me to locate these (supposedly posted earlier in their website by Sathya Keerthi or Sathya Kabali aka sk) and I'm waiting for that...Meanwhile I thought why not look at the official MSV site...

So here I am and I hope and request the admin to host those immortal instrumentals in some form...and I'll be ever thankful!
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: THRILLING THEMATIC TUNES !!! Reply with quote

Dear <APP_ENGINE>,
The Instrumental Album that you are mentioning about is called as "THRILLING THEMATIC TUNES ". It is really an AMAZING Intrumental album with 11 songs ,very aesthetically created by our Master Creator MSV. And YES, we do have this album and will be soon posted in the website. Smile

MSV Rules !!!

Venky
app_engine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt response, Venky! I'll eagerly await the hosting of those instrumentals!!
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Co-moderator (Venky) is precise in his reply. "Aesthetically created".

Yes...the "Songs" section is on its way with a big bang. Await for that announcement very soon. (I'm also unable to wait till it gets completed) Smile
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: ENTHRALLING THEMATIC TUNES Reply with quote

Dear Appe_Engine,

It would only be fair if the "Thrilling Thematic Tunes" is re-christined as "Enthralling Thematic Tunes of MSV". I have been listening to this right from my childhood days and I must mention here that both the All India Radio and Doordarshan in our country used to play some of the bits from this album for time adjustment before commencement of the next programme Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .

I am really pleased that you brought it up for the benefit of millions of our Master's rasikas and very soon we shall have this uploaded. Credit must go to Sabesan (one of our Core Crew members who has the best of rarest of MSV) and Venky who did a commendable job in ripping it on a CD. MSV moments...........Enthralling moments!!!!

MSV SCORES FOREVER
CHEERS
VAIDY
CO-MODERATOR
MSVTIMES.COM

vishwas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: PRELUDES Galore! Reply with quote

Dear Ram,Vaidy,

I happened to go through the BGM section today. Really a nice wonderful collection.

I was reminded of 2 songs then; both from kodimalar.

1. Odivathu pOl idai irukkum- The prelude to this song just fantastic ; I used to rewind the player any number of times . I never get tired of listening to this.
(A fusion of Western classical with our ragas - Enna mAyam seidhanaiyo, En thalaiva !!- I used to wonder ).

2. Poo varaiyum poonkodiyae- typical VR approach to building the tempo of the song (the beauty lies in the fact we can sing the prelude as much as we can sing the song- so janaranchagam and within reach)

A few other wonderful preludes that come to my mind are
1 Anbu nadamadum- Avan oru charithiram
2. Orunalilae uravanadhe- Sivandhamann.

Please include them if possible

regards
-vishwas
baroque

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir, where can i listen to app_eng sonna album? can you guide me better? pardon my ignorance! Embarassed Smile
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Great Choice by Listeners Ram! Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

I think loading both the Thrilling Thematic Tunes & Ponnoosal would be an added Bonanza for people hitting our site. Pse do the needful asap. The Listener's choice is really hotting up from what I can see.

CHEERS TO ALL AT MSVTIMES.COM
VAIDY
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram

People like me listening this first time(may be most of them). Request you to upload this as soon as possible. Ignore my mail if there is any technical difficulty.

Thanks

regards
ramesh
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the stereo album composed by Mellisai mannar 1n 1970 , done in stereo ,much before Priya was even though of . but with in the limitations thay had then . SA RE GA Ma re launched this album after 44 years on 22/06/2014 . never before such relaunching had taken place for a musical album other than a noted devotionals . Master craftsman created another master piece .
another greatness of this album , two titles from this album were used by two nation's national broadcasts
Fields and stories - for vayalum vazhvum for madras doordharshan
rasaleela = for pongum pon punal - for radio ceylon
i was told these titles were used in railway ststions and recently after relaunch i have heard the title Reminiscence has been used as the signature tune for ungal viruppam in vividh bharathi mornig 8 .15 Am i believe . also available in leading stores like AVM sound zone and connexions .also the caller tunes have come out giving you details in another post . now enjoy the master at his best
https://youtu.be/qp1yaI6ygmI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: