"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You too Randor Guy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parthavi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: You too Randor Guy? Reply with quote

In his Sunday column 'Blast from the Past' published in the Sunday Hindu, he has covered the 1966 film Chandrodhayam (The Hindu 10th Jan 2016.) Normally, Randor Guy is very objective and never fails to make mention of the good music. But in this present review, he dismisses the music in one sentence

"One song, titled ‘Kaasikku pogum sanyasi’, rendered by MGR and Nagesh, was a hit."

I wonder how he could have omitted to mention 'Chandrodhayam,' 'engirundhO aasaigaL,' and 'Budhdhan Esu.'

He says the film is remembered for 'Excellent acting by MGR and Jayalalithaa, and cinematography by Thambu.' Again no mention of music

The name of the MD is also mentioned in the review.

I cannot help feeling sorry if a person like RG who always pays attention to details adopts such a nonchalant attitude.

I have posted the following comment in the Hindu site.
Of all the great songs in the film, the writer mentions only 'Kaasikup pOgum sanyaasi.' Has he not heard the all time great songs like Chandrodhayam, engirundhO aasaigal and Budhdhan Esu. There is no mention of the composer MSV. I am surprised that Randor Guy who never misses any detail has been so casual while writing about the music of this film. In fact this film is remembered more for the music than for anything else.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/mgr-in-chandhrodhayam-1966/article8085567.ece
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly said that the film is remembered for all the songs of our MM, especially the three that have not been mentioned by the author. It is strange from such a well-informed knowledgeable person to have forgotten these...
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing out. I have put my thoughts there. Disgusting to say the least . Better one should not write such half baked articles if he claims to be a stalwart .
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: SELECTIVE AMNESIA Reply with quote

Dear All,

I was really appalled at the way how casual was the reference (instead of reverence???) of Shri. MSV made by none other than Randor Guy whom we respect as a "guy" with record sorts of statistics. All the songs in Chandrodhayam were super duper hits with MGR himself falling flat for Chandrodhayam and the way how MSV churned out "Senthaaaaaamarai" in this song! Why RG singled out Kasikku Pogum is beyond anybody's guess. That makes me wonder whether these "guys" have any hidden animosity against Shri. MSV or suffering from selective amnesia??

Time and again in all the programmes telecast on TV, only MSV is accorded a black out while all those less or no deserving being portayed as heroes. Sadly, all those who had the rarest of rare opportunity to work with MSV, prefer to keep mum (may be paid for keeping their mouths shut also, who knows??) for reasons best known to them and the organisers of these (un)reality shows!

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV

parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that comments made by Balaji, Vijayakrishnan and myself and one Mr. Sanjay pointing out the glaring lapse of RG have been published in the Hindu website.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/mgr-in-chandhrodhayam-1966/article8085567.ece#comments
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Parthavi

Think Vaidy's is also available in the name as Ashok

But i am really upset that many msvians donot find it to protest and leave some comments .

There are 44 views and of that only 3 have chosen to record their protest in addition to you .

Writing a couple of lines from many would definitely make the media to think a second ,next time when they write

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: THE INJUSTICE CONTINUES Reply with quote

Dear All,

Had this treatment been meted out to others in the industry (names withheld for obvious reasons), the social media would have exploded with feed back. But, this is MSV and we are devotees of Him. So we exercise all the decency and caution not to express our disappointment. Whatever said and done, this is a gross omission and injustice done to the greatest creator of the Indian fim industry by a person who appears every week in the Hindu on a column exclusively dedicated to Tamizh films.

And the injustice continues....

I am sure this "guy" would have read this feed back and what is preventing him from tendering a regret and if not, a few lines expressed that will render some sort of justice. The issue is, do these people possess this benevolence?? I doubt it very much.

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!

VAIDYMSV

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mentioning Kasikku pogum...while ignoring the other 2 great melodies is gross injustice to the Creator . It only reflects the ignorance of Randorguy .
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Chandrodhayam film review by RG Reply with quote

Mr RG is well known for his thorough knowledge on Tamil films. On Chandrodhayam songs he just mentioned one song - may be his favourite -
but there were two gem of a song - one of the finest duet ever composed
in Tamil films ENGIRINDO ASAIGAL and the other PADUOR the piano song.

In both songs orchestra was excellent and the use of Piano
in the second one is a great treat hear. How such great songs are missed and not taken note of causes pain. I am deeply disappointed with the review
of the music portion of the film review by Mr RG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: