"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AS WE SET SAIL INTO A DECADE OLD MSVTIMES.COM...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvramki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear MSV'ans,

Reading the posts of msvtimes.com friends and listening/viewing flashes of performance of Guitar Bala and his team, I could feel how costly the miss is, as I could not attend the programme because of my business travel, unavoidably.

As one of the core team member of msvtimes.com, it is a great loss for me to miss the event, for the first time since the day of birth of msvtimes.com !

It is very nice to witness that msvtimes.com is able to demonstrate to the public the wonders created by Mellisai Mannar, in not only songs, but in Title music, Back ground score, Pre, Inter, Post ludes of songs and why even in a momentary silence that is 'composed' in between music !!!

This is the precise objective of msvtimes.com and it is exhibiting various dimensions of 'creator' in every piece of work he had done for more than half a century !!

I thank all those who worked tirelessly to give such wonderful show and let us join hands in full filling msvtimes' goal and enjoy ourselves as well !!

Great job 'Guitar' Bala !!

Ramki
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: MSVTIMES.COM TRIBUTE TO SHEHNAI WIZARD SATHYAM GARU Reply with quote

Dear All,

February 20, 2016 happened to be not only the 9th anniversary of MSVTIMES.COM but the first ever time that the Legend himself wasn't around during our celebrations physically, but was very much present through HIS Harmonium, the Melody Generator!

As it has always been customary for us to do something new (we've done it for the last 8 years), this year apart from honouring two great musicians from MSV's orchestra, we made a short film also on them to let the world know what these two musicians meant to MSV and us besides what they have contributed to the Indian film fraternity. Here's our tribute to one of the greatest exponents of Shehnai in the world - Late Shri. Shri. Sathyam Garu...

For all those who couldn't make it to the concert for various reasons, here it is...

https://youtu.be/GbSIqvrYJwg

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV

Last edited by vaidymsv on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: MSVTIMES.COM TRIBUTE TO MANDOLIN WIZARD RAJU GARU Reply with quote

Dear All,

February 20, 2016 happened to be not only the 9th anniversary of MSVTIMES.COM but the first ever time that the Legend himself wasn't around during our celebrations physically, but was very much present through HIS Harmonium, the Melody Generator!

As it has always been customary for us to do something new (we've done it for the last 8 years), this year apart from honouring two great musicians from MSV's orchestra, we made a short film also on them to let the world know what these two musicians meant to MSV and us, besides what they have contributed to the Indian film fraternity. Here's our tribute to MSV orchestra's real pride, a player of stupendous calibre and quality on the Veena, Mandolin, Santoor, besides being a whistle wizard and a highly proficient konnakol exponent - the handsome looking Shri. Shri. M. Subramanya Raju better known as Mandolin Raju...

For those who missed it, here's the link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJJCm3tZhfg

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: MUSICIAN'S TRIBUTE TO FELLOW MUSICIANS Reply with quote

Dear All,

This is yet another monumental heap of praise showered by the Legend Shri. MSV himself on all his musicians. What a simple, yet a very effective way to convey to this thankless world on how thankful you have to be for all those who stood by you. Several shows are being organised by many spinning huge amounts of money only for a commercial goal. Has anyone thought of extending a simple, thank you to these players without whom, no show is possible.

I would say with absolute pride here that it was MSVTIMES.COM that pioneered the idea of honouring musicians who had worked with Shri. MSV. An idea that not only received the highest of accolades from none other than Shri. MSV himself but this was the main reason for his uninterrupted participation in all those 8 years. Sadly, he missed the 9th year and will miss the rest too!

RIP MSV...YOU HAVE GIVEN US MUSIC LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER...

Though not in our midst, he is forever in our thoughts. Thank you Shri. Shri. MSV for all the Blessings you have showered on all of us through your forever young music!!!

Dedicated to our Musical Legend and to all those musicians par excellence in his orchestra...

https://youtu.be/1I1koE3gBdI

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: NINAITHU PAARKIREN - VERSION2 Reply with quote

Dear All,

Ninanithu Paarkiren... with the prelude in place. SPB's reincarnation Gnanashekar is rendering a flawless beauty of a melody by our Master. What to say about this Bala's Base and the orchestrational capability???? Listen and get enlightened...

https://youtu.be/ykInduQZMx0

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV

RENGASAMY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vadiy

Great effort. Thanks for sharing the Rehearsal Video Tracks. Great. The another You tube video of Satyam sehenai is remarkable. What kind of an instrument. My God. Its really punching the heart and the way our master has used those kind of instruments, instrumentalists etc etc. Really master piece and no body can even thought about it. Such a great composition by our master creator way ahead of times. Never get way from our heart till our death. Especially Ninaithu parkiren song. Though i was held up in front of the auditorium i was really enjoyed.

We have to do more and more programes like this till our life time.

Great dedication Vaidy.

krs
RENGASAMY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vadiy

Great effort. Thanks for sharing the Rehearsal Video Tracks. Great. The another You tube video of Satyam sehenai is remarkable. What kind of an instrument. My God. Its really punching the heart and the way our master has used those kind of instruments, instrumentalists etc etc. Really master piece and no body can even thought about it. Such a great composition by our master creator way ahead of times. Never get way from our heart till our death. Especially Ninaithu parkiren song. Though i was held up in front of the auditorium i was really enjoyed.

We have to do more and more programes like this till our life time.

Great dedication Vaidy.

krs
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear vaidy

Excellent presentation of divine music punctuated with neat comments .

thanks for the presentation

madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Articles and writings Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Fighting heavy odds, at last I have managed to revive my PC that has been tormenting me by sheer 'hide and seek' with no certainty of any kind that I would make some posting!
The programme for 9th year of our site was 'beauty personified' every inch and my great appreciation to all the members of the organizing team.

Shri. Vatsan's elegant interpretation of 'pArvai yuva rANi kaNNOviyam' was simply out of the world in the sense that he could appropriately explain the subtle nuances of poetry which abound in this number.
Hats off to you sir.
Every contribution that evening was wholesome and I have no words to portray my honest appreciation.
Of late, I have come to recognize my poverty in writing skills; therefore I refrain from attempts to post. When, I wanted to make one about the 9th anniversary, I had to wage a war with my PC, BSNL and every other conceivable outfit in using the services of the net. So, friends- please pardon my long hibernation though it was not by intent. My earnest wishes for brighter days ahead
Regards K.Raman Madurai.
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof.Raman,

While many in Madras, offer lame execuses like Traffic jam and preoccupation, you have have always made it to all our programmes It is only such spirted response, energises the organisers. We shall commence shortly the birthday programme to be held in June. Shall stay in touch with you.

With kind Regards,

V Sivasankaran
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: TIMELY HELP Reply with quote

Dear Shiva & Members,

MSVTIMES.COM has always had a huge support both in terms of manpower and moneraty contribution from many senior members. Prof. Raman has been a very regular contributor who travels all the way from Madurai only to attend our events.

We sincerely acknowledge his spirited will to grace our events without fail.

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: