"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yaarum illai ingae

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Yaarum illai ingae Reply with quote

The song 'Yaarum illai ingae' by SPB and PS was one of the many dynamic and youthful songs sung by a young SPB. His voice is so magnetic and easily transcending the scale when he climbs up to 'I love you,' countered and contrasted by our MM's legendary accordion (with the guitar giving another counter). The accordion and guitar in this song make every cell of our being vibrate with energy!
The song opens to a majestic trumpet with a youthful energy and comes again towards the end gloriously. The flute in this song brings a mystery element (I do not know the movie or its background). The brisk tabla keeps pace with SPB's gracious singing, and equally complemented by PS.
How gloriously has MM composed this song keeping SPB's vibrant and melodious voice in mind! Another everlasting, evergreen and truly mesmerising song!!
Thanks!
Sai Saravanan
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: SONG FOR THE YOUTH, FOREVER... Reply with quote

Dear Sai,

A brilliant song for the youth of this world forever.....The song that belongs to early 70's has some of the best usage of drums and guitar....especially in the place where the song starts..."yaarumillai ingey".....the drummer (not sure if it was Noel or Tony) plays the beat on the metal rim of the snare drum.....what a thought for one of the best rhythms I have heard in my life!!!! What a song for the youth....If I listen to it even now (I am 52 by the way), I get instantly turned to 16!!!! Master Piece from our Master Creator!!!!

CHEERS
MSV
IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
You have beautifully touched the nerve of the song! I can feel this more after you pointed this. The joyful abandon, carefree thoughts and bubbling energy...the song is yet another bundle of joy for all of us! Our thoughts and feel become young when we hear these tunes from our Master, very aptly said, Sir!!
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: CONTINUED... Reply with quote

Dear Sai,

The embelishments that MSV does in every song is so unique that you get addicted to his orchestration for life. In this song, in the charanam...."paalmanam poomanam....kaikalum pesalam, kangalum pesalam in neram....listen to the huge volley of guitar & accordion that will instantly elevate you to a different level (read intoxicating level)...

If there is one Music Creator who is complete in every way, then the only person is MSV and no one else in this world...

CHEERS
MSV
IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
I followed your comments in both your posts. The accordion has hardly ever been played with such a youthful vibe, entreating you into an intoxicating submission! Your words have summed up the entire feel of the song!
The more and more I listen, I get dragged into the beautiful past, my school days when I literally dreamt along with such songs. MM's music used to (and it has been) transport me away from the noisy world around, and I became more and more a fan of his songs. May be my association of memories as a school boy always makes me feel nice about his songs of seventies particularly more than his sixties or eighties! I feel that these ARE the ONLY ones memorable from the seventies! Very colourful!
Thank you, Sir!
Sai Saravanan
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This film is Panathukkaka with Sivakumar and Jayachithra
parthavi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sai,
I have missed this tag all along. You have mentioned about a mystery element brought in by the flute. I have not sensed it, given my limited knowledge of music. I have not seen the film. From what I remember about the film from the reviews I had read, this film is a murder mystery! This may be the reason for the Maestro using the flute to create a sense of mystery. Amazing! Equally amazing is your perspicacity to capture this nuance![/quote]
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sir! The song is youthful even today!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: