"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A DREAM UNFULFILLED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: A DREAM UNFULFILLED Reply with quote

Dear All,

I happened to watch an episode of Enrum MSV telecast on Mega TV this evening. Some of us were regulars at the shooting of these episodes at the AVM Studios years back. The Legend used to start the shoot sharp at 9 am and go on till 7 pm with a short break for lunch. I had the fortune to spend many days with him which shall form part of the greatest moments of my life which I shall cherish even after my demise!!

In today's episode Shri. MSV mentioned about his long time unfulfilled dream to compose gazals in Tamizh. He did succeed to an extent with some great compositions when he had released this album called "Sangeetham Sandhosham" which vanished without a trace as there were no efforts to popularise it with the advent of cassette releases done with a fanfare.

A creative genius with an insatiable thirst to conquer the unknown, he was always dreaming of doing something different, delving with absolute innovations. During one of my personal interactions, I spoke to him about this album to which he showed his disappointment that it didn't do well as he would have loved it to be. When I mooted the idea to do an another album, he instantly came out with a suggestion that he could re-compose this entire album with the same lyrics to make a completely different sounding tunes! I was so happy that this man who would have been about 78 years then, seemed to be brimming with so much of hope & confidence.

I did make initial attempts and even scouted for some sponsors to have this album re-released under a different colour, but sadly no one was willing to come forward to sponsor it. In today's episode, he expressed his very deep disappointment at not being able to realise his dream.What floored me today was his instant re-tuning of Aalayamaniyin Osaiyai Naan Ketten under a typical gazal style!! He didn't even wink his eye but landed with a tune that sounderd brilliantly better than the original!!!

MELODY IN DIVERSITY - THY NAME IS MSV!!!

Well, that is our Legend MSV to whom creativity is a matter of child's play. What a composing prowess this man was gifted with!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: