"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shenoy Usage by Mellisai Mannar MSV!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raj_k65 wrote:
Yes, it is a fact that MSV has expolited the piano to the fullest in songs featuring musical scenes. The songs which I can think of at the moment are 'Paatondru keytaen' (Pasa Malar), 'Unnai ondru keytpaen' (Puthiya Paravai), 'Paadovor Paadinaal' (Kannan En Kadhalan), 'Andu vanthatathum athey nilaa'[ (Peria Idathu Penn), 'Avalukkenna' (Server Sundram), 'Enna enna vaarthaigalo' (Vennira Aadai), 'Kan pona pokkilae' (Panam Padaithavan) etc.

R. Mahendra Raj

Excellent......

and also....

'mezuguvarththi erigindrathu' (Gowravam)
'ellOrum nalam vAzah nAn pAduvEn' (Engamama)

There is a peculier instance for 'Piano' in screen. Yes, when other instruments (like viloin, trumphet, saxophone, guitar, accordian...etc) played in songs, they will not shown in screen.

But if it is a Piano sequence, then mostly the Hero (or Heroine) will be shown that they are playing Piano in the screen also. For example take...
Paasamalar
Kannan en kaadhalan
Vennira Adai
Puthiya Paravai
Engamama
Gowravam
.... etc..etc.... In those songs Heres will be shown (mostly Shivaji) that they are playing Piano.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: PIANO KING !! Reply with quote

tvvraghavan wrote:

Please let me know if you could come across a PIANO song for such a pathos situation....

TVVR ,

Ellorum nalam vaaza naan paduven - Enga Mama ! This comes to my mind now. Is it not a solo one sung in a sober mood but splendid use of Piano Very Happy
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saradhaji,

Some exceptions however :

1. Makkal thilagam will be playing violin during the second interlude for Kan pona pokile

2. The famous trumphet blowing by Nadigar Thilagam for Unnai ondru ketpen ( the second interlude )

3. Accordion again by Nadigar Thilagam Very Happy during Sorgam pakkathil ( Enga mama )

Modern day heros ( I mean the 80s ) like Kamal / Rajini all used to play guitar in tune with the times.

Sambo siva sambo is an ex.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji anna...

I agree your point. Many heroes (or Heroines) shown that they are playing various instruments. But when it comes for Piano, they will definiltely sitting in front of the piano and playing. But in other instruments, very rare to show with that instruments.

MGR also playing accordian in Panam padaiththavan.

Many heroines were shown with 'Veena' (Sarojadevi in Iruvar ullam, K.R.Vijaya in Pattanathil Bootham, Vanishree in Vasandha Maligai.... etc...etc..)and with Sithar (Shivaji in Dheivamagan and Dhavaputhalvan, Devika in Nenjil Or Alayam).

MGR also playing Clarinet in Ninaiththathai Mudippavan, throughout the movie.

No need to tell about Shivaji (Thillana Mohanambal) and Gemini (Konjum Salanagi) in Nadhaswaram.
raj_k65

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venky,

Right now I can think of 'Thuninthu nil' (Paalkudam) by TMS which is more of a motivational song than pathos. The other nearest I can think of is 'Vaan maegangale' (Uyarntha Manithan) by PS which is almost pathos. Two other great songs 'Padaithaane' (Nichiya Thamboolam) and 'Yaar Antha Nilavu' (both by TMS) have the piano's input generously. Sure there are other numbers which I will post from time to time when my memory is refreshed.

Regards,

R. Mahendra Raj
raj_k65

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! everybody. I presume it is safer to use this salutation than addressing the individual concerned. Because just when I had had hit the 'submit' button I remembered another great piano song and while returning to the page I discovered I wrongly addressed the query to Venki!

It was a well known fact that both MSV and Kannadhasan had a mysterious wavelength between them and both know each other intimately. Vaali, knowing this tried to imitate Kannadhasan's style by making a veiled reference to MSV in 'Enokuru kaathali irukindraal' (by both MSV & SPB). I forgot the film's name but the lead actors are Sivakumar and Kamalhassan released in 1976.

The mood of MSV must have really worked up when composing for this song because you can feel his voice full of passion as it reflected his true character and you cannot avoid listening to the piano throughout the song. It was a remarkable piano piece.

Regards,

R. Mahendra Raj
raj_k65

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Enakoru kaathali irukindraal, aval ezhu swarangalil sirikindraal' is from the film 'Muthaana Muthallavo' (Hope my memory is correct).

R. Mahendra Raj
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TALKING ABOUT SHEHANAI USAGE BY THE MUSICAL SAINT HOW CAN NO BODY REMEMBERED THE MOST MELODIOUS LULLABY "KADHALILE PATTRU VAITHAL ANNAIYADA ANNAI" BY P.SUSHILA FROM "IDHU SATHTHIYAM".
irenehastings

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viswapriyan wrote:
TALKING ABOUT SHEHANAI USAGE BY THE MUSICAL SAINT HOW CAN NO BODY REMEMBERED THE MOST MELODIOUS LULLABY "KADHALILE PATTRU VAITHAL ANNAIYADA ANNAI" BY P.SUSHILA FROM "IDHU SATHTHIYAM".

mr. viswapriyan

msv sir's songs are ocean and nobody can give all the songs of his wonders.

now you mentioned this song, then tomottow another member will come with another shenoy song and ask everybody (including you), 'why you forget this song?.'

so, whenever those songs come to your mind, post them here.

still there are too many songs with shenoy, to be mentioned here, and hope they will come one by one.
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Irene Hastings,

It was not to find fault with any body when I asked "How come nobody remembered....?".

It is just aadhangam.

Any way, your point is well taken.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

டியர் ஐரீன்....

நீங்கள் என்ன 'குற்றம் கண்டுபிடித்தே பேர் வாங்கும்' நக்கீரரின் பேரனா?.

புலவர்களுக்குள் சண்டை வேண்டாம். சாந்தமாக உரையாடுங்கள்.

அமைதிக்கும் அடக்கத்துக்கும் பேர்போன மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் ரசிகர்கள்/ரசிகைகள் நாம்.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: PIANO SONGS Reply with quote

Dear Friends ,
One of the pathos songs where Piano was used with a telling impact was "YELLORUM NALAM VAAZHA NAAN PAADUVAEN"-Enga Mama.
There are several others but our memories do not serve us as required.

To quote Kannadasan "Thambi Visuvanadhanukku ulagin endha moolaiyil endha isai irukkiradhu enbadhu therium. Pattathu Raniyil Egipthiya isaiin maenmaiyai kandom , Muthamidun nerameppovil.Mexican
aarppaattaththai kandom. Thirai ulagil anegam paer, vidhaiththu 30 naalil aruvadai aagividum keerai paththigal. Adhil 30 aandugalukkum melaga nilaiththadhu Naanum Thambi Visuvum mattumae"
No further evidence is needed when the prophetic Kavi arasu has said so.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

Enakoru Kadhali irukindral (MSV and SPB) from Muthana Muthallavo.
MSV sings for Thengai Srinivasan. He will be a Music Director in that movie.
SPB sings for Jaiganesh. He will go to Thengai Srinivasan to learn music and will become a MD.
Thengai Srinivasan will play PIANO and Jaiganesh Violin.
Both the instruments are very well used in this song.
Two more lovely songs are there in this movie.
1. Margazhi paniyil (SPB)
2. Paalabishegam seiyavo unaku (Jeyachandran and PS)

Another SPB song in the movie Payanam.
Thendraluku endrum vayadhu pathinareyandro - PIANO and MSV rules
In this moive MSV himself has sung a song - Payanam payanam...

PIANO plays a very important role in our EMPEROR's songs.

I wud like to bring two nice incidents.
1. While composing for Rajavin paarvai Raaniyin, MSV asked AVM for a PIANO to compose that song.
He had told in an interview that optical instruments were used for this song/movie. Anbe Vaa is one of the musical classics of film music. Both songs and re-recording will be great...
Oru english song (ADIEU - Randor Guy ezhuthinathu) compose panniruppar...
Appappa... 42 years aachu... innamum antha freshness iruku songs kekumbothu... that is the greatness of our MM.
He also told that Jaikishan (Shankar-Jaikishan) will be wondering whenever he hears that song. He will be asking our MM, how he has composed that song.
Another thing. One of the famous (I think Lashman Sruthi) music troops told that till now none of the music troops were able to reproduce the music of that song. Again our EMPEROR rules.

2. Enna enna varthaigalo
Our MSV has played the PIANO for this song. Srikanth vasikaratha closeup la MSV vasikarathaye shoot panninangalam.
(Next time antha song TV-la vaikumpothu please note this.)

Music Sangeetham Versatile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: