"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MEETING WITH CORE MEMBERS OF MSVTIMES.COM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: MEETING WITH CORE MEMBERS OF MSVTIMES.COM Reply with quote

Dear NVS and Ram,

Yesterday I had a talk with Mr.Vaidy and Mr.Ramki and we planned to meet today. What a wonderful meeting it turned out to be!

First and foremost, my sincere namaskaram to Sri. Sabesan sir. He is a Pokisham of MSV songs and I did padha namaskaram to this giant of a man who has been a close friend of our MSV. I consider my bhakayam to meet our Sabesan Sir who has been a devotee (Yes this is only word) of our Melody King.

Mr.Vaidy and I hugged each other on our first meet. I learnt from SRS and Mr.Jayeram that Mr.Vaidy has literally become the son of MSV. I am proud of you Mr.Vaidy.

Ram, what a parents you have got! Totally down to earth!! Probably this kind of attitude they have learnt from our Master composer who is the embodiment of humility. How can I forget Mr.Ramki and your mother?

Mr. Jayeram!! Probably this gentleman lives only for MSV. What a music sense this man has got? Wow.

NVS, you are very much true. The core members are very noble.

Mr. SRS!!! What a personality!! Iyyo! This person is able to sing all sangathis of a song with beauty. I was very happy to see him. He has come out with a wonderful idea of popularising MSV songs to the present generation the details of which probably your father would spell out in the forum shortly.

And Mr. Jayaram, what a man he is!! Though he is not regularly writing in this forum, I learnt he is also one of the core members of MSVTimes.com. What a rasanai this man has got?? I am very happy to see this man talking the nuances of the song alongwith SRS.

Mr.Bhaskar! What a character!! So emotionally attached to MSV songs!!
NVS, you have to meet this person.
Ram your chittappa and chitti are also very cordial and warm.

Finally, that guy, Venky. Iyyo. Mr.Bhaskar has even become a fan of Venky. I learnt from you mother that you only changed venky to the fold of MSV. What a great change!!!

Dear NVS, I asked SRS to talk to you so that we all could meet!! I am eagerly waiting for the day!

Mr. Jayaram, pls come out with your analysis and views. As a core member your contribution of our master is very much valuable. I am waiting for your regular post.

Many more returns of this day!!!

With regards
Sampat
Ram

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Great Moment! Reply with quote

Dear Sampath,

Thanks very much for narrating your experience during the MSVClub meet. Yes, as you said each of the club members have their unique way of appreciating our Masters music and MSVTimes is the combined strength of each of the MSVClub members. I spoke to my dad as well and it is really heartening to know that this wonderful meeting happenned !!!

MSV's Music binds its Rasikas !!!!!

Cheers Very Happy
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

The time is 5.25 morning here. I have been listening to the "Nitham Nitham Un Kannodu Inbha Kanaa" for last one hour!

Can there be a better ghazal than this? Bramippu Adangala Sabesan Sir.

Sa Ni Sa Dha Ni Pa Dha Ma Pa Ni Sa!

I am sleepless SRS and also literally speechless! MSV Paadha Kamalangalukku En Kannirai Kaanikaiyakkukiraen.
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

Mannithukollingal!!! It is En Kannodu and not Un Kannodu! Thapae illadha pattai thappa sollalaamo?
Ram

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know something dear Sampath....

1. "Niththam Niththam" song will always drive its first time listeners crazy. Myself, Venky and now you (and who not) are to name a few. Venky was listening to this song in a browsing center and he was not able control his excitement. You listen to this song at 5:25 AM in the morning, unable to stop. This song always used to be as a good company for me here in US. It will make any MSV fan sleepless and we all are very good examples for this fact.

2. What a beautiful Ghazal (as you said). The prelude.... Can any "TRAINED" Hindustani singer come near our Legend MSV. The singer has to just stand outside the door and watch MSV composing in ex-tempo.

3. Above all, MSV forgot that this composition is his. Vaidy in one the meetings played this song and MSV was enjoying to this number so much, forgetting that he created this amazing compo!

Matchless Musician Viswanathan !!!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: MEET OF THE LEGEND'S DEVOTEES!!! Reply with quote

Dear Sampath, NVS, Ram, Ramki, Sabesan, Bala, Jayaram Jr & Jayaram Sr, Venky & the new found Ardent Devotee Bhaskar,

I have always been saying on many occassions that there could be no better joyous moment in my life than that of listening, singing, chatting, analysing (within my elementary knowledge itself though) of Our one & only MSV's music who has virtually become an integral part of our lives. Y'days meeting reassured me of that unbelieveble loyalty, affection, reverence, very deep rooted sense of total appreciation - in all total surrender to OUR MASTER'S MUSIC!!! WOW, I COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR MORE IN 'MY LIFE. HATS OFF TO YOU ALL !!!

EXPERIENCE 1 - Mr. Bhaskar who has seen us for the first time ever in his life was short of words for MSV's music. He is another true patriot of MSV. I am glad that I came to know of another MSV addict through a phenomenon called MSV!

EXPERIENCE 2 - Mr. Sampath, as small made as MSV but what knowledge of music (I am still trying to come to terms to understand his writing, leave alone his music sense!!! Shocked ) The time was travelling at many times the speed of sound and I was too late to get back to work. I absolutely enjoyed every moment of my presence there and was craving for it literally after I had left. These are moments that one ought to go thro' in one's life. Sampath & NVS you have been the latest finds of msvtimes.com and I salute you for your analysis & posts.

EXPERIE4NCE 3 - Ramki & Mrs. Ramki, wonderful hosts as usual and especially Mrs. Vasantha Ramki who MSV fondly calls her his daughter whenever we meet, made the whole evening MORE CRUBBEIR with some nice short eats (craving for this even now). She is yet another wonderful rasika of MSV and no wonder the whole family breaths QUALITY MUSIC!!!

EXPERIENCE 4 - Bala, the undisputed entertainer made the evening pleasant with his BREAD, BUTTER, JAM & WHAT NOT - MSV SANGATHIS OFCOURSE!!! Thank you Bala for underlining the sangathis at frequent intervals.

LAST(ING) EXPERIENCE - One thing that really astonished me was the fact that none of us in the forum have ever met each other in our lives, but WHAT A POWER OUR MASTER'S MUSIC HAS - a sheer power that transcends beyond all barriers known or unknown to integrate not just like minds, BUT SOULS & that's what I experienced last evening. AN UNFORGETTABLE EVENING INDEED.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDY

S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,

My joy new no bounds when we met yesterday. I still reiterate that I am fortunate to have your association. It is my pleasure Vaidy.

It was a meeting which will send nostalgic memories and remain ever green.

With regards
Sampat
sridhar

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello every one

Fascinating to read the core MSV members get-together, the maestro's music is the tie that binds every one. I would love to meet the members on my next trip to Chennai. I did meet with Ram and his wonderful wife Roopa here last Sunday, they were kind enough to drop by my home, and we had a great time, may be Ram and i can organize MSV lovers' get together here, Ram, I would be happy to host it.

Was away on vacation and work, will post further thoughts, but one thought on a different note. It is very rare for bands to break up when they are doing well or at their peak, yet VR broke up in 1965 I think. In my mind, 1964 and 1965 were golden years for them and TFM, Aayirithal Oruvan, Enga Veetu Pillai, Padagotti, Pudhiya Paravai, Deiva Thai, just to name a few. I have read ancetodally some of the reasons, but I personally wish the duo stayed together, even better if they reunited for one more time. how great would that be?

Keep up good work every one.

Sridhar
Ram

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sridhar,

I was extremely happy after my visit to your place and meeting a music lover like you. Myself and Roopa were talking for a long time about our meeting on our way back to Hartford and I told reg our meet to my dad as well. So in your next visit to India, my dad, Vaidy and all others will surely be pleased to meet you.

MSV Fans meet in US is a great idea. Even if we get a few like-minded fans (say 5 or 6), am sure the meeting would be amazing! We will start looking for the right people for the meet! So members, please shoot me/Sridhar an e-mail and we can make the meet happen!

Regards,
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Dear Sampat Reply with quote

Dear Sampat,
So happy I am about the meeting of our family. I would have loved to be with you and everyone on this occasion but for my trip to Madurai. I was @ Madurai but SRS & Vaidy narrated to me the nice happenings.

Personally I am delighted to see your enthu after the meeting!... The fact that we have been immensely fortunate to be with the kind of personalities who comprise Msvtimes... I feel truly blessed.

I am also very eager to meet you. I wish I donot miss our next gathering.

Till then...

With Love
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear NVS,

SRS and myself were having a long talk of nearly 30 minutes. I asked about your participation in our next meeting. SRS has all praise for you. What a personality is SRS. Truely enjoyable company.

I am eagerly waiting to meet you. I also feel blessed to be with a company of M/s.Sabesan, Ramki,Vaidy, Mandaveli Jayaraman (another great personality to share his own experience with the giant), SRS, Jeyaraman and ofcourse our bubbling Venky last but not least Mr.Bhaskar.

I hope you could definitely make it on a sunday. Waiting for convenience.

With love
Sampat
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

friends

please send a general announcement if you plan a meeting so that those who want to meet and participate can come and enjoy. please ignore my mail if it is personal meeting.

regards
ramesh
Ram

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the metting would have just happenned, without much of pre-planning. Dear all, please be assured that if there is going to be any formal meeting of the club, there will definitely be an announcement posted. I guess this meeting has already triggerred the interest to have a formal meet and the core crew is already working on that.
Ram

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Club,

Please share the celebration on our Ramesh's Century, in the "Ranks and Promotions" section !!!
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sampath and all friends

really nice to hear about the meeting that had happened. This gives us an opportunity to build new friendships & create a MSV fan society . Very Happy

At present I am in overseas but will come back by this month end. Definitely we all shall meet AND THIS TIME, I REQUEST THAT MEETING SHALL BE ALONG WITH MELLISAI MANNAR . ( Once he is fully recovered )

There are so many things about MSV to be discussed and shared . Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: