"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rare msv songs (not heard often)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s ramaswamy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: rare msv songs (not heard often) Reply with quote

We have many MSV songs which are available on CDs and casettles but there are some of his compositions, especially with TKR, which are not available. If we can share the info about places where these songs would be available it would be wonderful.

MSV-TKR had composed for a film Raja Malayasimman in which there's a superb duet of PBS and PS "Azhage amudhe". Is this song available on any music site or is there a casette, cd containing this song?

And was 'Thenral Veesum" set to tunes by the incomparable duo? If so there's a great chorus song in this film where the trumpet usage is outstanding. "Paadinar Kavignar Paadinar" is the song. Is this available anywhere? I have heard this song in my childhood but not for at least three decades now.

And there's another fine song "vettila potta pattini ponnu suthuthu munnale", I think from Thenral Veesum. Is this song available anywhere?
vishwas

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: what is the raga of these songs Reply with quote

Can Anybody tell what is the raga of the following songs

1. KAdhal kAdhal endru pesa- from UUA

2. Hello my dear wrong number..

Do they belong to the same rAga ?

thanks
-Vishwas
Ram

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vishwas,

"1. KAdhal kAdhal endru pesa- from UUA

2. Hello my dear wrong number.."

Yes, your observation is absolutely correct. Both these songs are based on same Raga "Dharmavathi".
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

What a Dharmavathi in "Kadhal kadhal yendru pesa"! Even a carnatic musician could take cue from the sangathis for his/her alapana. What a song with his interlude with different intruments! Brammippu Adangalaippa.

Great composition indeed. These are the songs one should do a thesis for posterity

With love,
Sampat
sathyakabali

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ramaswamy,
How are you? Hope you are the same person who used to visit tfmpage.com

HMV came out with 4 CD set of PBS under the Legends series 2 years ago. One of the CDs has the Raja malayasimman song.

"veththali pOtta" is from Veerath thirumagan.

I remember having the song "paadinaar" in my old casette collection. I do remember that this has been your long pending request at tfmpage. In this digital era of CDs, MP3s, give me some time to dig out that gem from my casette collection.
gragavan

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

தமிழில் யுனிகோடில் பின்னூட்டம் இட முயல்கிறேன். சரியாக வரும் என்று நம்பி.

மெல்லிசை மன்னர் இசையில் பல பாடல்கள் இருக்கின்றன நான் சொல்லி மகிழ்வதற்கு.

சரம்சரமாய் செண்பகப் பூ தரையினிலே தாழம்பூ என்ற பாடல் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடிக்கும். தங்க ரங்கன் என்ற படத்திற்காக வாணி ஜெயராம் பாடியது.

அதே போல மகனே மகனே கண்ணுறங்கு என்ற பாடலும் மிகவும் பிடித்தமானது. இசையரசி பி.சுசீலா அவர்கள் பாடியது. வரம் என்ற படத்திற்காக.

இன்னொரு காதல் பாடல். ஜெயச்சந்திரனும் ஜானகியும் பாடியது. முப்பெருந்தேவியர் என்ற படத்திற்காக. தண்ணீரில் ஒரு பௌர்ணமித் திங்கள் குளிக்க வந்ததோ. மிகவும் இனிமையான காதற்பாடல்.
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram, Vishwas

1. kAdhal kAhal --from UUV is dharmavathi
2. Hello my dear -- Mahathi
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear MSVians,
Since we have started rAgA employed by the legendary maestro perhaps you know his rare rAgA compositions. For example, in behAg we have the following songs:

1. "thamizhukkum amudhendru pEr--- pancha varna kiLi
2."avaL oru navarasa nAdagam--- U.Su.vA
3. "oru peNNai pArththu malarai pArthen--- dheivathAi

Can any body enlighten me and fellow MSVians about more songs of the master in this lilting rAgA?
Ram

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Viswapriyan,

Long time since the Club has seen a post from you. "Hello My Dear" - I've heard many saying it is Dharmavathi. Experts could verify.

Please continue your posts for our MSVClub!
s ramaswamy

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satyakabali,

Yes, I am the same Ramaswamy who's a member of TFMpage.com. In fact I did not know there was a dedicated site for MSV till TFMlover introduced it in one of his mails to me. I am extremely thankful to him.

Yes. If you can get the Thenral Veesum song - "paadinar kavignar paadinar' and upload it in a music site like coolgoose.com, it will be wonderful. Have not heard this song for a long time. And thanks for the info on Raja Malayasimman song. It's a wonderful duet, rarely heard these days. I, fortunately, have this in my audio cassette.

And I have been asking TFMlover about another rare song by TMS-Leela, "vaazhkai Odam, Oda vendum". I did not know the film it belonged to but TFMlover once again came to my rescue and said it's from 'Ulagam Palavidam". He's uploaded a video clip of this song but it's damaged,
unfortunately. Do you have this song?
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramaswamy,
Talking about rare gems of the senior maestro, there are a couple of songs from the movie "paadhu kaapu" *ing Sivaji, Nambiar, Major, Nagesh and Jayalalitha. The first song is by Sirgazhi and it goes"aathukku pakkam oru thenambillai...". This song is perhaps one of the super folk genre. The next one is by LRE and Saibaba and it goes "sorgam pO, sorgam pO," with the western hue typical of master's mastery in that category.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I am happy that the songs of MSV has brought out so many genius to the present day generation.
Sri Ramasamy,
The song "Paadinaar Kavignar Paadinaar" was supposed to have been included in Nadigar Thilagam's Nichaya Thamboolam. Due to various reasons it could not be done. The producer Vikram Productions did not want to miss it and utilised it for his next film "Thendral Veesum" for which Viswanathan-Ramamurthi were music directors.
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran.
tvsankar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
One more NIce collections of MSV from "Nil Gavani Kadhali"

1. Engaeyo partha mugam - by PBS and LRE

Soft ana humming by LRE. Nerudal illadha beats..MSV in HARMONY.
Inimaiyana , sandhoshamana Shenoy..

Nice Rendition by PBS. Indha padal enna ragam?

2.Jillenru katru vandhadho - By TMS and PS.

Beautiful Music flow.MSV in WEstern Classic.MSV IN Harmony - Simply Sooperrrrrrrrrrrrr...Anal ippadi azhuthi solla kudadhu dhan - padal avalavu menmai....
I like this song very much.

Raagam - Dharbari Kanada ??

Music Experts - Pl analyze this song !!!!!!1 My humble reqeuest.

3. Kangalukenna - by LKE. NICe Renditon. thannudaiya kural veechai unarndhu, adhai azhaga payan paduthi irupar........Strong ana Guitar, violin..
Vidhyasamana Male Chorus.Nice Beats.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi sankar

jillendru katru vanthatho ,an excellant softie .

msv's brand is 'sangathi'.

i am just sharing what heard on TV

film -" nenjurukkum varai "
song - engo neeyo nanum angay oonodu by ps -

after the recording , Msv rushed to the recording room after hearing ps sobbing
reason - she felt , that she could not give back even 50 % of what was taught by the master .

this is the statement , by a singer who mastered , santhis in tamil , visumbals ( malarnthu malaratha ) and also emotions that go with the songs

those who are lucky , to see master's composing music , will not take this statement as exaggeration .

i was one such , seeing him composing for devi darisanam , deviyin thruvilaiyadal , garuda sowkiyamma ,and many and seen him in action during re recording not only fr these movies , but also a hindi movie -( Lp had tuned the songs , and MSV did the re recording ,i forgot the name of the movie .)

he is not only in creator , but truly a great singer , with emotions , thats why fittingly , ar rehman , used him in sangamam

lots of examples - ennakum oru kalam oondu (school master ?)
naeranna nedunchalai - kaviathalvi,
kandathai solukiraen - silanerangalil silamanithagal and many

he is an ISAI KADAL - and what we discuss , describe of him - is only the drops

let us try and measure the ocean with cup , In the process we derive the pleasure .

enjoy
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Rare songs for analyses Reply with quote

Dear friends,
The following songs are listed to remind senior and expert fans for thorough analysis:
1. "Indha Nilavai Naan Paartthaal" - from the film Bhavani. One part by P. Suseela will be like a lullaby and in the same tune with fast beat, P.B.S. and L.R. Easwari, will give a romantic touch. Same song, same tune, different feel - is any other composer nearby to him?
2. Another song from P.Suseela - just the mention of this song will make the fans touch their heart physically - such a masterpiece. The clarionet/ shenoy will completely mingle with PS's voice that you will find it difficult to identify the voice and instrument -
The song : Thaedi thaedi Kaathirundhaen
Film : Penn Endraal Penn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: