"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EVERY ONE,S FAVOURITE MD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muthukrishnan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: EVERY ONE,S FAVOURITE MD Reply with quote

DEAR ALL MEMBERS
THE HINDU-FRIDAY REVIEW -HARRIS JAYARAJ INTERVIEW-HE SAYS MY FAVOURITE MD IN TAMIL IS MR. M.S.VISWANATHAN.HE CONTINUES TO INSPIRE HIS SUCSESSORS OF MANY GENERATIONS.
GANGAI AMARAN IN VIJAY TV SANGAMAM- "ISAI NATTIN THALAIVAN AVAR".
UMUA
MBM
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: MSV Rules !! Reply with quote

Thanks Dear Muthukrishnan for bringing this out...I did not happen to read this interview....It is really obvious that our Master will be the most sought after and favourite MD for all the generations to come and to musically inclined people.....!! Excerpts from the interview....

Who are your favourite music directors?

In the West, Hans Zimmer and James Newman, in the North it is Salil Chowdhry and
in Tamil it is M.S.Viswanathan. But I listen to all composers.

Earlier, music directors completed hundreds of films in a short span. Comment.

They have abundant talent and both M.S.Viswanathan and Ilaiyaraja have their own group of talented musicians permanently in their orchestra. Earlier, the practice was that they would compose the songs and the musicians would play it. So they were able to record even two songs in a day. Now things are different. I compose the tune and sit with the lyricist. Sometimes it takes even 10 days for a song. Then I do the recording and mixing myself.

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear this from someone like Harris ! because his style of composing is totally different from MSV's . Very Happy

Harris comes from ARR group & this liking for MSV brand of music could be obvious

Seems like mellisai mannar has been in the hearts of many composers !!
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji,

Some time back in the "Friday Review" of "The Hindu", there was interview with AR Rahman by Malathi Ranagrajan. In this ARR has stated that he likes the"60's music the best" and he has also said the same in an interview in one of the TV channels. In the "Hindu" review his comment on MSV was "...a great master." I heard that during the interview he was laid back in the couch and when MSV's name was mentioned he suddenly sprang forth to the edge of seat.

So, since as you rightly said HJ is from ARR school, little wonder that his favourite is MSV.
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HJ's comment as conveyed by Mr tvvragahavan.

"They have abundant talent and both M.S.Viswanathan and Ilaiyaraja have their own group of talented musicians permanently in their orchestra."

True. As an ardent admirer and fan of MSV since my childhood, I have hardly missed any concert of MSV-TKR. I am able to reel off top notch artists like

Noel Grande-the great drummer (sad he is no more). He used to accompany visiting jazz musicians then.

Fopps - Xylaphone. Remeber the song "kallellam mAnikka .." from Alayamani . The last I heard about him (and that was a long time ago) was that he migrated to Australia. Incidentally, we don't here xylaphone these days.may be some keyboard reproduction of the same. which is sad because the timbre is absent.

Philips - the haunting Guitar master (remeber the interludes in the song "odivathu pOl idai irukkum", "uravu endroru sol irundhal.." from idhayathil nee, "satti suttadhada..." from "Alayamani" to name a few) he went off into Malayalam films as MD.

Babu- Guitar

Ronnie David - he is still around

Effects Murugesan - the trwirled mousch master and creator of rythm instruments (remeber the song, "kattodu kuzhalAda Ada..." from "Periya idathu peNN"). I think he is acting in movies. Incidentally, he used to play tavil

Radhakrishna Iyer - tubophone (opening BGM of "muthana muthallavO..." from "nenjil Or Alayam" for example). Iyer is no more

Ben Surendhar- keyboard (sad he died in an accident)

The Great versatile artist- M.S. Raju who we lost recently.

the list goes on and on
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing with the great artistes with MSV

Nanjappa Reddiar - a flute legend

Sathyan - shehanai

Hanumanthu - Tabla (sad, he is nomore)

Prasad - Tabla master (rumour has it that KJY once blamed Prasad for not keeping timing and MSV differed and supported Prasad. There was a temporary stand off between MSV and KJY)

The list given by me is not exhaustive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: