"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special Effects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Special Effects Reply with quote

Dear friends,

By any modest assertion, MSV IS A SPECIAL EFFECT in TFM.Our friends know it better. There have been innumerable song situations that have been decorated by special effects. What makes them special is not merely the appropriate effect of "sounds" added but the technique of indigenous improvisation with unheard of tools.
Look at this instance in the movie "Uththaravinri Ulle vaa". In this film a lady struck by amnesia claims Nagesh was her husband in her previous birth and keeps on haunting him much to his chagrin and to the delight of viwers. Once again MSV has powerfully demonstrated the alacrity and supreme skills of employing an effect.
The song is "THANE AATRIN KARAITHANILAE, THEI PIRAYIN NILAVILE
MOHINI POL VANDHANE NAAAAADHAAAAA" trying to entice actor Nagesh in the thick of the night. Being a subject of hatred from the unwanted nuisance, the song has been planned tp disturb the tranquility of Night and Nagesh too. Naturally, MSV has availed of LR ESWARI'S Calibre in this song. To signify the arrival of the demon at night , unworldly sounds have been added. THE INSTRUMENT USED TO INSTIL A FEARSOME EFFECT WAS THE WOOD CUTTING SAW [RAMBAM]. Holding the edges of the saw horizontally near the microphone, wobbling the saw by turning the edges like key, a huge effect of 'butterflies in stomach' was created. There have been other additives like gusty winds and howling to add terror. Also LRE lets off laughter of a woman possessed at specific spots in charanam. On the whole a terrific effect has been created in a sequence that is seriously comic in nature. Who else byt MM can do it?
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: SPECIAL EFFECTS - MSV EFFECT Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Raman,

Thanks for bringing a nice topic for discussion. By the way who would forget the same "Rambam" used for the masterpiece of a song - "PAATUKKU PAATTEDUTHU NAAN PAADIYATHAI KELAYO"!!! One of the most astonishing facts about MSV is the ability for him pick on anything (let the world name it) and create a melody out of it.

I must mention one thing here - MSV USED A RAMBAM FOR MAKING MELODY, WHEREAS THE REST TAKE A MALADY TO MAKE A RAMBAM OUT OF IT!!! Very Happy

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

Fantastic topic. Kindly enlighten us with much more special effects like this. We are very much interested. It brings to light of the innovative engineering brain of our Master

With love
Sampat
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Special Effects Reply with quote

Dear Mr Vaidy
While echoing your sentiments against the on-going happenings on TFM, you have attempted a fatal blow, but slightly missing the target. What?- would be your disturbed exclamation at my observation. [Knowing your devotion to melody]. You have said, now-a-days we see people take melody and make a rambam out of it . If you do not mistake my observation, a decisive fatal blow would have been "people TAKE AWAY the melody and make a rambam in effect by serious effort". My only intention is that, your posting should not give the impression of someone making a melody and then destroying it. There are more 'maladies' now [in TFM ] be it an expression in ENGLISH OR TAMIL.
I hope my addition drives your feelings to the intended depth. Thank You.
Warm regards
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: EXPRESSION OF ANGUISH Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Raman,

Yes. You made me realise to what extent TFM has got detiorated. Though my observations were not intended to hurt anyone, just look at the mess we are in? I am one of those who's thoroughly disgruntled at the way TFM is going. It was just a spontaneous outburst of my anguish. Rotten music of the present day is being projected as innovation, never before attempt and what not!!! True in one sense - we have never heard anything so bad before and this is what they intend to communicate probably Very Happy !!!)

KADAVULTHAAN (READ MSV HERE) KAPPATHANUM!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: