"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Top 10 MSV Favourites !!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Your Top 10 MSV Favourites !!!!! Reply with quote

Dear All,

I very well know it the toughest job to pick 10 of MSV's ocean of songs. But given a condition, the following will be my choices.

(The numbers below represent Sl.No and NOT my Ratings)

1) Neeraada Neram Nalla Neram
2) Ammamma Keladi Thozhi
3) Ennai Theriyumaa
4) Sorgam Pakkathil
5) Kaniya Kaniya Mazhalai Pesum
6) Aarodum Mannil Engum
7) Pongum Kadalosai
8. Unnai Enni Ennai Maranthen
9) Ponnezhil Poothathu Pudhu Vaanil
10) Nilavu Vandhu Paadumo

(All of the above are simply out-of-the-world songs. Please note that the first 4 in the list are club songs!!! I'll come-up with analysis on these songs, soon!!!)

What is you list ???!!!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: My List Folks! Reply with quote

Here's my counter Ram

1. Oru Naaliley - Sivantha Mann
2. Unnai Onru Ketpaen - Puthia Paravai (slow version)
3. Vizhiye Vizhiye Unakkenna Velai - Puthia Bhoomi
4. Kana Kaanum Kangal Mella - Agni Satchi
5. 1000 Iravugal Varuvathundu - Karpagam
6. Athaan Ennathaan - Pava Manippu
7. Mala Ithu En Kangal than enru solvenadi - Avalukkendru Or Manam
8. Nilavey Nee Satchi (P.Susheela) - Nilavey Nee Satchi
9. Kathalin Pon Veethiyil - Pookkaari
10. Kalyaana Naal Paarka Sollalama - Parakkum Paarvai

................. am I allowed to continue Ram?????

I would rate this more toughter than the CA finals!!! Whay say Ram?????

Cheers
Vaidy
srandy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... I was going to say it and you beat me to it Sharada... (btw, I am Andy) or even more...

It is like asking - which Eye is better - left or right? come on!!!! have a heart!!! CA exams are nothing!!!!

Maybe top 100 movies? cos many many movies have songs that were ALL great... it would be injustice if we were to list a few that came to our mind instantaneously.. for instance both Ram and Vaidy have not listed any song from 'Sivandha maNN", "ulagam suttrum vaaliban", "aayiraththil oruvan" just to name a few.... I am sure that they would agree that the top 10 would be for the next hour of listening only!!!!! .. : D

Cheers
&y
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.YAAR ANTHA NILAVU
2.POOMALAYIL OOR MALIGAI
3.ENGIRONTHU AASIGAL( I DONT THINK ANY ONE CAN COMPOSE THIS KIND OF DUET OTHER THAN MSV)

4.MUTHUKALU KANGAL
5.RAJA RANI YEDUM
6.ELLORUM NALAM VAZHA NAAN PADOVAEN
7.CHELLAKILLKALAM
8.THANGAPATHAKATHIL MELLE
9.YAARUM ILLAI INGAE
10.KADHAL VILLIYADA

I am prefer to send top 1000 not top ten. Very Happy

regards
ramesh
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Ela Andy! Reply with quote

Ela Andy,

My very first song in the list was from Sivantha Mann!!! Enna office la ot ya kanne therile unakku!!!
Cheers
vaidy
srandy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ela Andy! Reply with quote

vaidymsv wrote:
Ela Andy,

My very first song in the list was from Sivantha Mann!!! Enna office la ot ya kanne therile unakku!!!
Cheers
vaidy

YD

kaathu active-a irunthathaal kaN konjam mangi pOchchu.... I accept that I missed ur "oru naaLilae".... en thappa naan oththukittaen... .... ..... does that absolve you?? hehehehe : )

Cheers
&y
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I know it is very difficult to choose the songs. But thats the fun !!!

You can choose the 10 songs you may often hear or you want to hear the next hour or longing to hear. Anything. So please try to consolidate your list. It will be really nice to see other's 10 songs !!!

Keep listing!
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Top Numbers of MSV. Reply with quote

Hi Ram, Vaidy, Andy & Others,

Please have a look at the 100 nos listed by me on the New Year day (Mellisai Mannarin Mesmarizing Moon Light Melodies), under the Topic "The Legend's Great Compositions - Part 3". I would like to hear all these at one stretch. But still, this is only "A DROP IN THE OCEAN".

Luv,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Top Hits of MSV. Reply with quote

As far as possible, I never miss the “Then Kinnam” programme on Jaya TV (i.e. the repeat in the nights from 11 PM to 12 Mid-Night), as the programme has almost an exclusive collection of MSV Hits. On Mondays there is a “Sirappu Then Kinnam” presented by some cine personality or the other.

Yesterday, it was presented by the Tabla player Mr P U Murali (who is a nephew of Music Director Mr Chandrabose). He came out with an excellent collection, which I would like to mention here. Of course, Mr Murali was full of high praise for the Master:

1. Amaidhiyana Nadhiyinile Odam (Andavan Kattalai)
2. Maalaip Pozhudhin Mayakkathile (Bagyalakshmi)
3. Paattukku Patteduthu (Padagotti)
4. Dheyvame Dheyvame (Dheyva Magan)
5. Kan Pona Pokkile Kaal Pogalama (Panam Padaithavan)
6. Isai Kettal Puvi Asaindhadum (Thavap Pudhalvan)
7. Adaludan Paadalaik Kettu (Kudiyirundha Koil)
8. Iravum Pagalum Nilavattume (Karnan)
9. Naalam Naalam Thirunaalam (Kaadhalikka Neramillai)

Ram, how do you like this? Mr Murali could present only 9 songs during the hour, as all the songs were lengthy ones and of course a considerable amount of time was eaten away by Ads. By the way, did anyone manage to watch this programme y’day?

With Luv,
Venu Soundar
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Then Kinnam Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venu,

Then Kinnam on Jaya TV is an excellent programme but a lot needs to be done to improve the quality of audio. One big goof up 3 weeks ago was presented by a self proclaiming Music Director (I think Varsha Kumar) who was seated with a harmonium in front of him. He claimed that he has done his BA in Music from Annamalai University and that he went on & on. He started describing in detail about one particular song and he went like this - P suseela ennama padiyirukaanga, nelivu sulivu ellam ennama panniyirukaanaga, the song Kangal Engey Nenjamum Angey... kv mahadevan ennama music panninar..... and then he said "KARNAN". I almost jumped out of my sofa seeing this unbelievable goof up. I immediately called Jaya TV and told them about this anomaly and also requested them not to repeat the same that night (on the repeat programme). Do you all know what happened? They repeated the same without any concern for any of the listeners. Who cares in our Country, we have to only blame ourselves for viewing these programmes. There was not even an errata announced on a later date either. So much for our channels.

Vaidy
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Don't Blame them, but their ignorance! Reply with quote

Dear Sharadha,

I was pained to know about the frequent goof-ups. Reg Vijay Adhiraj, I know him from his childhood days and he has no knowledge about MSV's music. Once he came to my house to shoot me for a programme for Sun TV - Neengal Ketta Paadal (2001 I think) and asked me who my favourite Music Director was and I said undoubtedly MSV and no one else and then came the request for a song to be played in that programme. I came with an option for MSV's song but was politely refused and in the end do you know what I was forced to ask for??? A song from some movie which was released that time and the music scored by "Gana Khazaana" Deva!!!! Whither freedom of expression??? Regarding his pro-Ilayaraaja stand, what do you expect from a person who has no clue to Our Master's Music??? Just blame his ignorance. The least such people could do is to educate themselves and present musical shows. When I & Sriram Lakshman went to the Music Academy to watch the 150th episode of Ragamalika (that is aired on Jaya TV) where MSV & Balamurali Krishna were the chief guests of that evening and after some time PBS & LRE walked in and this chap didnt' even acknowledge their coming in or their presence. Such is the level of quality programmes we see these days!!! Thank goodness that he dosen't mix up songs of MSV with that IR!!! You can probably consider it a musical comedy- a comedy of errors type!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Then Kinnam Reply with quote

Dear Saradha / Vaidy,

Even I didn't watch on that day when the self-proclaimed Music Director presented the "Sirappu Then Kinnam". Yes, I have been watching the goof-ups too repeatedly. I used to abuse them in front of my wife, who used to tell me "why are you taking these small things so seriously, leave it". But I used to say, I can't tolerate if anyone tries to take away the credit from the Legend.

The same used to happen during the "Ragamalika" programme too. Saradha, you are absolutely correct. This "Isai Gnyanasoonyam" Vijay Adhiraj used to ask the singer "enna pattu paadap poreenga". The guy or the girl used to tell some number. Whenever they quote a Ilayaraja number, he immediately used to either say "Raaja Sir-oda excellent composition" or ask the singer "Yaar compose pannadhu". He always keeps mum whenever the singer comes out with an MSV number.

You know, once during the "Saptha Swarangal" programme on Sun TV, the famous AV Ramanan (another Ilayaraja Jaalra - Vijay Adhirajoda Anna) said "KV Mahadevanin arumayana isaiyil" referring to a song from KARNAN. I was simply shell shocked. What to say about these so called "music maniacs". Disgusting.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar

P.S.: While on the subject, in yesterday's "Neyar Viruppam" almost all songs were MSV hits (Muthu Kulikka Vareegala, Iyarkai Ennum, Kattodu Kuzhalada, Saravanap Poygayil, Thiruvalar Selviyo, Andha Naal Gnyabagam, Kaatru Vaangap Ponen - I missed the first number. The last one was Ennirandu Padhinaru Vayadhu, a KVM number from Annai Illam).
tvsankar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
My picks are,

1.Pachai maram onru (Chinna vayadhil ketta padal...Inru varai idam maaravillai.)

2.Kannae paapa en kani muthu paapa

3.Silai eduthan indha chinna pennirku

4.Paaduvor paadinal ada thonrum

5.Sondham eppodhum thodarkadhai dhan

6.Engae aval enrae manam

7.Orae padal unnai azhaikkum, Naan unnai azhaikavillai en uyirai

8.Naan parthadhilae aval oruthiayai than

9.Kaatrukenna veli

10.Chippi irukudhu muthum irukudhu
...........................................................innum Niraiya irukiradhu.Mudika manam illai.

One more beautiful song - Nilavae nee satshi.manam nimmmadhi naadum

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Last edited by tvsankar on Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Usha,

Nice to see your picks!!
tvsankar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ram,
Thank you for your reply ......

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: