"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV as understood by me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: MSV as understood by me. Reply with quote

Dear friends,
We have heard ever so many descriptions /narratives on MSV- the legend. Yet, I try to trace his ascension to the legendary stature [Iam clear- stature and not status] by the way he made it to the top.May be much of what I try posting here might be a part of what all of you know. Still, delight is mine in tracing the path more from the percept of a common man whose lone advantage has been rather chronological though not intellectual. [Born in 1946]. I have had the blessings of the Almighty to stay along the line of history that has carved out this legend from absolutely modest settings. I know I am the inferior contributor in this site , yet I prefer this narration for the pleasure and permanent lessons that one can draw from the life of this legend. In fact, all the major dimensions of MM have been brilliantly portrayed by Shri.NVS and I donot for a moment visualise of any thing better from me except perhaps sharing my nostalgia on the topic. It was 1955-56 when I happened to listen to Pudhaiyal songs that were of a distinct class strikingly different from the then pieces pervading the medium. [In those days children would not be allowed to see cinema except under adult supervision.It was a safety mechanism to shield the young minds from the prospect of losing interest in studies.All the domestic journals would scrupulously avoid any news from Kodambakkam and there was no scope for any of us then to know of movies.] Things forbidden are always known for inductive skills. The songs could be heard from marriage houses through loudspeakers that were beyond the restrictive regimentation of homes. Thus, the real Pudhayal came to me. With no inkling of any information on cinema I could perceive the difference. Occasionally such pieces came about in different mould altogether -what a child now identifies as orchestration. When in SSLC I heard the songs of Bhagapirivinai NOT KNOWING OF MDs. With the arrival Paava mannippu [PUC] I lent myself to MSV's magical orchestration like millions then. The movie clearly signalled the arrival of a new genre and the MD took the whole state of Madras [It was the then name for TN]. What is great about it- may be a question. But the TF industry have had a host of Jambavans in CR subbaraman, SMSNaidu, SVVENKATARAMAN, G.RAMANATHAN, AUDHY NARAYANA RAU , CHALAPATHY RAO, K.V,MAHADEVAN TO NAME A FEW. One can imagine the competition that MSV WOULD HAVE HAD TO SURVIVE THROUGH BEFORE laying claims for a tangible entity. Also most MDs had patron film makers who would not employ others. It was here that divinity worked its way. Kannadasan readily recognized MSV's calibre and MSV broke the path with some scintilating numbers with TR Mahalingam in all KD-produced movies and the diehard producers realized the advantage.
The later entrants who claim to have broken the path should politely remember that there was no path in pre-MSV era and itwas a closed circuit film production with every movie maker with his own loyal team including for lyric and music work.Path if any was MSV's contribution in every wing of music. When MSV ruled the field by his sheer contribution, he kept his cool and tolerance for any other fellow composer with absolute dignity. It was MM magic that promoted the concept of experimentation and the subsequent entrants would better realize who broke the path.As all of us know MSV is a bundle of humility, modesty and abundant talent with uncontaminated respect for any one. Those days MDs had to satisfy Producrs, Directors Actors with differing political afiliations and politics amongst themselves. It was no mean feat to be simultaneously wanted everywhere and be living to the expectations of everyone, keeping all in mutual reverence. MSV came out unscathed from this exercise of cautious supremacy through unpredictable cross fire of egos and money power. That none has managed to raise a little finger against this noble giant is silent testimony to that all-important segment "INTER-PERSONAL SKILLS" -an area so avidly taught in Management programmes as a vital component of sustenance.
MSV HAS AMPLY DEMONSTRATED it IN GREAT SILENCE.
From his life I have gathered a few morals
Systematically approach your work. Assemble the best support.Duly acknowledge every help. Be humble and do not proclaim anything. Automatically quality would standout and none can over take your genuine quality. So friends, I deem it my fortune to have had this contemporary advantage. We people mutually enjoy the warmth of this sharing because the creator[MSV] has put his soul in all his work that has brought us together despite our physical anonymity.
Wam regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள புரொபசர் ராமன்,

அருமையாக இருந்தது உங்கள் எழுத்து.

பலதரப்பட்ட டைரக்டர்கள், நடிகர்கள், அரசியல் பின்னணிகள் இவர்களை, இவைகளை தன் திறமை ஒன்றையே வைத்து கையாண்ட
மெல்லிசைமன்னர், வியக்கத்தக்கவர்.

MSV has demonstrated Interpersonal skills amply in great silence.
நன்கு சொல்லப்பட்ட வரிகள்.

தொடர்ந்து எழுதுங்கள்

ராம்கி.

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: MSV - THE MULTI DIMENSIONAL ICON Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Raman,

I agree with you entirely. To me MSV is truely a Multi Dimensional Icon I have come accross in my life and a Legend Unparalleled as you say frequently.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: