"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strong ONE LINERS on MSV by his ardent Fans!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Strong ONE LINERS on MSV by his ardent Fans! Reply with quote

(Collected from the writings and conversations)

"I can only say MSV is a Musical God!!" - Venu Soundararajan

"Those who listen to MSV's music, can never listen to others" - Vaidy (The MSV Patriot) Very Happy

"I will do ANYTHING for MSV!!! Even if it is giving my LIFE!!!" - Salem Ganesan

"MSV composes for 'Mano-Bhavam' (Inner expressions); That is the reason for Hindustani influences" - Jeyaram

"Though a CIO and in the IT profession for the past 30 years, if I say only MSV moulded me to the level of what I am, it is just a blunt truth!" - Ramki

"God knows, he might be born as one of the "Mummoorthigal" in his previous birth who came to this world with an "assignment" to contribute soul uniting music to the society and the mankind!" - Venky

"I've heard of 16 track recording, but MSV's was 16 track listening!!!!" - Andy

"The bloody selection committee of the Indian Government never selected him for 'Best Music Director' for any year. The bloody Indian Government also not selected him for a "Padmashree Award" till now" - Saradha

"When it comes to "Bhavam" ("Expression"), even Saint Thiyagaraja cannot come near MSV" - Sriram Lakshman

"MSV need not know or practise a Musical Style; If he just closes his eyes and think about the Music Style, that will get scanned from within , in moments!" - Sri.Visweshwaran (A "Sagalakala Vallavar" in MSV's orchestra)

(With reference to MSV's instant composing ability) "This magic is unique to MSV and I don’t know whether any musician in the world has this capability." - Babu ("The MSV Terrorist", as described by Sri.Visweshwaran) Very Happy

"There is no composer who has done contribution and justice to the language Tamil, better than MSV, at all times." - Ram

"Today’s composers work with computers but MSV worked with computerised mind!!!" Madaveli Jayaraman (Wow!!!)

Please add more!!!
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Great One Liners on the Legend. Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

Here are some more - on the lines of MSV's hits. Hope you like them:

இசை ஒரு கோவிலென்றால் அதில் MSVதான் தெய்வமன்றோ (அன்ணன் ஒரு கொவிலென்றால் style)

இசை கேட்டால் புவி அசைந்தாடும் அது MSV இசை ஒன்றே ஆகும்

காற்று வந்தால் தலை சாயும் நாணல், MSV இசை கேட்டால் தேன் பாயும் காதில்; ஆற்றினிலே கரை புரளும் வெள்ளம், MSV இசையினிலே இன்பம் பெரும் உள்ளம்

MSV என்னும் மெல்லிசை மன்னன் இசையை கேட்க கேட்க ஞானசூனியங்களும் ரசிகர்கள் ஆவார் மெல்ல மெல்ல (கண்ணன் என்னும் மன்னன் பேரை சொல்ல சொல்ல style)

பாட்டொன்று கேட்டேன் பரவசமானேன் இதுவரை இதுபோல் கேட்டதில்லை, MSV தவிர வேறெவரும் இதுபோன்றதொரு இசையை இயக்கவில்லை

நான் பார்த்ததிலே அவன் ஒருவனைத்தான் நல்ல இசை மேதை என்பேன் நல்ல இசை மேதை என்பேன், நான் கேட்டதிலே அவன் இசையை மட்டும்தான் 'தெய்வீக இசை' என்பேன் 'தெய்வீக இசை' என்பேன்

Wth Luv,
Venu Soundar
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Imagination, Venu Ji !!!!!

Others, please add more....

I'll quote some lines which will exactly suit MSV:

"Engeyum Eppodhum Sangeetham Santhosham" - Ninaithale Inikkum

"Kavithai Ulagam Konjum; Unnai Kandaal Kavignar Idhayam Kenjum" (Kannadasan sings seeing MSV) - Varumayin Niram Sigappu

"Enakkoru Kaadhali Irukkindral - Aval Ezhu Swarangalil Sirikkinral" - Muthana Muthallavo. This line will suit "MSV" as well as Music in "General! "Ezhu Swarangal" can be compared with MSV's 7 children.

"Viral Kondaadum Thedalgal Isaiyai Tharum" - Kavignar Piraisoodan's lines in the film "Star"; He has written this line thinking of MSV playing Harmonium; Music: A.R.Rahman

A very strong statement by Illayaraja on stage at a function (I witnessed this) This showed Raja's respect on MSV:

"Enathu Isai, Annan MSV Enakku Potta Pichai; Avar Thuppiya Echhil !!!"
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: VISWA ROOPA NATHAN MSV! Reply with quote

Do you all remember my earlier posting in which I had equated MSV to Vamana Avatharam? Well read this - MSV, Isaikalukkellam VISWA ROOPA NATHAN!!! His creating capabilities is absolutely infinite!

Long Live the one & only Giant of ME(NA)LLISAI !!!

Cheers
Vaidy
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: On(c)e More!!! Reply with quote

MSV- Osaiyaiyum Isaiaakkum Vallamai Padaithavar, anaal Isaiyai Osaiyai Matrikondiruppavargal aathikkame inru athigam! Ninaikave vetkamai irukkirathu!!!

Cheers
Vaidy
srandy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: On(c)e More!!! Reply with quote

naathathin viswaroopam!!!

melliya isaiyinaal
veLLaththai uruvaakka
ivar oru indirarO?
thanthirarO?
mannar andru ivar
mannanai veezhtha mudiyum
chakravarthi andru avar
avaraiyum veezhththalaam
imayam andru avar
athai etti pidiththavar undu
kaNNanukku daasanaana avarai
manathil aenthi irukkum ivar
isaiyin viswaroopam

Cheers
&y
Vatsan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Comments on MSV Reply with quote

isai pravAgathhudan vAzhnthu koNdirukkum MSV.....
isai amaikkum kattam varam pozhuthu oru davara eduthhu moNdu kodukkirAr....avvaLavu thAn.....

Thats the reason why, 3 'O' Clock oru pAdalukku mettu amaithhAl oru vitham, 3:01 mettu amaithhAl vEru mettu.....

rAgam rAgam endru alainthu, varAgam pOl isai amaikkum kalaignargaL naduvil, uLLirukkum isaiyai kattuppaduthha mudiyAmal pravAgamAga pozhinthu vidum MSV-kku nigar avar isaiyE...
srandy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: appappa Reply with quote

saradhaa_sn wrote:
ram wrote:
A very strong statement by Illayaraja on stage at a function (I witnessed this) This showed Raja's respect on MSV:

"Enathu Isai, Annan MSV Enakku Potta Pichai; Avar Thuppiya Echhil !!!"

இவற்றைப்படித்த அதே நேரத்தில் இதையும் படியுங்கள்.....

"எங்க அப்பா (இளையராஜா) இசையமைக்கத் துவங்கிய பின்னர்தான், திரைப்படப் பாடல்களே தமிழ்நாட்டு மக்களுக்கு தெரிய வந்தது. அதற்கு முன்ன்னர் இந்திப்பாடல்களையே மக்கள் கேட்டனர். அவர்களை தமிழ்ப்பாடல்களைக் கேட்க வைத்தவர் எங்க அப்பாதான். மொத்தத்தில் இசை என்றாலே எங்க அப்பாதான்" -- ஒரு விழாவில் இசையமைப்பாளர் (???) யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா.

yuvanin appaavin paatanaar yaar endru theriya yuvanukku vayathum pOthaathu, anubavamum pOthaathu enbathu en thaazhmaiyaana karuththu... yaaraenum ram ezhuthiya varigaLai yuvanukku anuppivaikkavum : ))

Cheers
&y
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Yuvan, Yaarn Avan Reply with quote

The comments of Yuvan Sankar Raja has broken my silence for the day.
Here is my response:

யுவன், யார் அவன்
MSV-பற்றி அறியாதவன் எவன்
அது தெரியாமல் பேச யார் இவன்
உண்மையான இசை எது என்றறியாத மடையன்
சத்தத்தை இசை என்று சொல்லும் பொடியன்
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Forgive Yuvan Reply with quote

Hi Club Members,

The response would have been much nastier from me but for Ram. When we decided to launch this website we had taken a vow not to hurt others (the so called self proclaimed music directors) and also not to create any kind of controversy. To a great extent I have declared a self moratorium on me. Mr. Cho Ramasamy beautifully explains like this which is absolutely self explanatory - "If any one has not listened to MSV the loss is only his/her's and not MSV's. I would request for a special place for this "Golden Saying" in our site. I only pity all those who talk so high of these sundries without even listening to MSV. The best and the least we could do is to Pardon those and carry on with our work of propagating Our Master's Creations. There can never be another Creator like MSV and MSV and His Music are IMMORTAL AND IS BEYOND TIMES. It is because of this reason our site was named MSVTIMES. - A site that bears all the immortal works of our Mellisai Maaaaaaaaaaaaamannar MSV!!! For all of us only his music will have a special place in our hearts. We are destined to become mortal in the years to come but His music is Blessed by God and will ever remain a favourite for many more generations. I hope the present day's generation atleast tries to know MSV thro' our site.

Let's forgive the self prolaimers of their sheer ignorance!!!!

Enna Ram very unlikely one from Vaidy thaney!!!

Long Live MSV!
Cheers
vaidy
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: A nice one!!! Reply with quote

MSV innum Award "Vaangavillai" - aanal matravargal "Vaanginaargal". This is the difference between him & others. It is a National Shame that in spite of our representation to our President, the much awaited announcement still eludes one of the "Ever to be Remembered" music creators India has ever produced. Or may be the criteria for receiving a coveted award in our Country is - the awardee should not be alive!!! I attribute this situation only to this - MSV per say never marketed / artificially associated / decorated himself like others. MSV knew no politics and polytricks (as he himself says). He knows only Music and nothing but Music. To all of us MSV-kku Award Vazhangapadavendumey thavira athai "Vaanga" koodathu!!!, petrukolla vendum.

Cheers
Vaidy
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saradhaa_sn wrote:

"எங்க அப்பா (இளையராஜா) இசையமைக்கத் துவங்கிய பின்னர்தான், திரைப்படப் பாடல்களே தமிழ்நாட்டு மக்களுக்கு தெரிய வந்தது. அதற்கு முன்ன்னர் இந்திப்பாடல்களையே மக்கள் கேட்டனர். அவர்களை தமிழ்ப்பாடல்களைக் கேட்க வைத்தவர் எங்க அப்பாதான். மொத்தத்தில் இசை என்றாலே எங்க அப்பாதான்" -- ஒரு விழாவில் இசையமைப்பாளர் (???) யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா.

Let us see this statement objectively than taking personally.

"மொத்தத்தில் இசை என்றாலே எங்க அப்பாதான்" This statement is Yuvan's belief and this shows the respect he has for his dad, Illayaraja;

"எங்க அப்பா (இளையராஜா) இசையமைக்கத் துவங்கிய பின்னர்தான், திரைப்படப் பாடல்களே தமிழ்நாட்டு மக்களுக்கு தெரிய வந்தது" This statement is wrong as MSV compositions for MGR is a great factor in his Political Journey. "Aandavane Un Paadhangalai Naan..." was played all over Tamil Nadu when MGR was ill. And there are whole lot of examples from MSV's books, to prove how his songs influenced the society and the state Tamil Nadu.

We do not have to accept all statements from any one. At the same time, as Vaidy has mentioned, MSVTimes.com is formed with ONLY the sole aim of spreading the fame and glory of the Legend MSV. MSV never hurts or defames other composers and their followers and accepts for what they are. "Acceptance" is one of the greatest qualities that is adored by every one about MSV. MSVTimes.com and MSVClub takes pride in following the footsteps of the Master MSV, with respect to these great qualities!

This site is also for people, who have never got an opportunity to know about MSV. Suppose other composer's fans visit the site, they may get offended, if their composer is talked bad about. He may never visit the site again and know more of MSV. This will fail the mission to propogate MSV's greatness to the next generations!

And again as CHO said "If any one has not listened to MSV the loss is only his/her's and not MSV's"
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, coming to the fun part...

And Vaidy uncle, your post....

"The response would have been much nastier from me but for Ram".

Thanks. "Enna Ram very unlikely one from Vaidy thaney!!!" I very well know how you would have reacted, Mr.Patriot Very Happy !!! You can shoot an email with whatever you wanted to express, separately to me. No restrictions!

And Venu Ji,

Please continue you one-liners quoted from MSV's songs. I just loved all of them!!!

And another one-liner (from Babu's Article) This is from Kavignar Vaali: "MSV Viralgalil Saraswathi Nardhanam Purigiral".

Continue the one-line bouncers !!!!
Vatsan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Yuvan Reply with quote

It is quite unfortunate that "manufactured" composers like Yuvan who misrepresent history have been allowed to say so. Any music lover with a sense of history will know that 1950-60 decade was the Golden age of Hindi music with Naushad, Sajjad Hussain, Op Nayyar, Roshan, Salil, Madan Mohan adorning the musical arena. In Tamil, 55-late 60s was the time when maximum innovation happened and all MSV-TKR creations and MSV creations were lapped up with great alacrity by the Tamil audience. Now, readers, please tell me what is easier, keeping the likes of Naushad, Madan Mohan, SD BUrman etc at bay or keep Kalyanji Anandji and L-P at bay? Infact when IR entered the musical arena, it was the Amitabh era in Hindi which had already spelt doom for Hindi Film music.
I have seen Hindi movies where some of the protagonists are shown as singing athhAn ennathhAn and so forth.
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the reply from Hindustani Singer O.S.Arun for the question : "What do you feel about Tamil Film Songs. Will you sing in Films???"

"I will sing in Films if MSV composes the song, Illayaraja Orchestrates and Rahman does the Recording!!!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: