"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yesterday music.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Yesterday music. Reply with quote

Almost all channels have a competitiive programme on cine Music and invite budding singers. No doubt the channels offer a great platform for these budding aritists to show their talents and get recognition.

The persons conducting these programme praises Ilya Raja or AR Rehman when ever the paticipants sing their songs. But when MSV songs are sung, only passing remark is given - it was a good song.

Compared to ilya raja songs, it is the songs of MSV which is bound to linger in our memory than the songs of other composers. I am not belittling the work of other composers.

The contribution of MSV to Tamil cine music is unparallel and the quantity of melody in MSV songs in immeasureable.

Even SPB in his Ennodu pattu pada vangal on Jaya TV on saturday nights prises Ilya Raja too much. Similarly Vijay Adhiraj in Jaya TV Sunday morning show showers priase on Ilaya raja.

Why these anchors do not priase MSV as much as he should be I do not understand.

From 10 years on, we will be still humming songs of MSV and we may hardly remember any great songs of Ilaya Raja or AR Rahman.

Readers please offer their comments/opinion.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Yesterday music Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Quite annoying is the attitude of channels and the so-called musicians / lovers of music. I have also been following the behaviour of these people and of late it has touched an all-time low. The name of MSV does not figure even as [s]lip sympathy . It is quite painful that those who owe their present status to this giant should behave as if MM is incosequential and that the later ones are GODS INCARNATES. One thing clear is, after such a programme if the compere is to meet such persons as the MDs whose compositions were presented, MSV may not bother to ask why his name was not referred to. Probably the others may not take it lying low. This is the inevitable conclusion I am driven to because the attitude of " ALL OF THIS MAN AND NONE OF THAT MAN" IS A PAINFUL POINTER TO THE CHARACTER OF ALL SUCH PEOPLE. Let us ignore those who have no respect for real merit.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to Professor & Rajesh Kumar Reply with quote

Your anguish is understandable. I agree with what you say about the attitude of the channels. This kind of treatment is not only meted out to MM but also Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan. Except for screening of his films, you can hardly find mention of his name in any channel.
At the same time, as Prof said, both MM and NT least bothered about all these hiccups. They concentrated on their work, their work, their work and only their work and nothing else. But we the fans are unable to tolerate this. It is understandable. But because of this, I don't feel it is necessary to compare MM with other mds. As a proverb goes in Tamil, these channels do not know the value of MSV. That may be the reason. Of course, I personally feel Ilaiyaraaja has done some contribution to Tamil film music, though the scale might differ. But that is another question. As I said earlier, we need not bother about other music directors or their self-proclamation but we will carry on with what we are upto. It is our aim to take these masters MSV-TKR to the next generation and our goal is straight. We will concentrate it.
V. Raghavendran[/code]
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to Professor & Rajesh Kumar Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

"Many of MSV's contribution have been un-noticed" It is one of the driving reasons for this dedicated website!

And,
ragasuda wrote:
We will carry on with what we are upto. It is our aim to take these masters MSV-TKR to the next generation and our goal is straight. We will concentrate it.

PERFECT....Well said!
Very Happy
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our master is beyond all these and he had the seen his ups and downs in life when TV was not even available and only radio was the boon which old timers will remember .

have you ever heard master leaving the set in angry mood because of any misunderstanding , has he ever walked out from a film mid way , or had he ever claimed success of film because of his music .no and never .
he believes himself and the god he has in .

his simplicity .unassuming quality , weightless life .. what more a creator need .

can you call rehman on phone and please remember when msv spoke in a different voice to ilayaraja u remember what he said .. please talk later .

i only refer yuvan was thrilled subject.

sorry . he is beyond all thses comparisions .
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends...

This is the matter I always mentioned in various thread, whenever possible. I several times mentioned about this Vijay Adhiraj's half-boiled mentality. We can neglect it because Vijay did not get any oppertunity from Mellisai Mannar.

But what happened to SPB...??????. Without MSV how could he came up in Tamil Cine field..?. But he comfortably forgot all those yesteryears and now 'jing-jang' for Ilaiyaraja.

Nowadays Singer Anuradha Sreeram is conducting a programme named 'Sangamam'. Here for few weeks they are talking about the songs sung by P.Suseela for particular periods as 1955 to 60, then 60 to 65, then 65 to 75 etc etc. In those periods, the songs sung by various singers in that programme are mostly (95%) are of MSV only. But she never spelled the letters MSV in whole programme. She praised Kannadasan, Suseela and even directors like Bimsingh, Sreedhar etc.... BUT NEVER TOLD MSV SIR'S NAME NOT EVEN ONE TIME. Meanwhile she is a singer in movies...!!!!.

But when the period started from 1975 onwards (when singing the songs like 'darling...darling...darling' from Priya), suddenly she started to praise Ilaiayaraja to a huge level up to mount everest.

What a pity, about those selfish, and uncivialized barbarians.

SPB and Anuradha may think, nowadays MSV is not compossing music for movies, so there is no use (for them) in praising him now.

At the same time one 'aarudhal' for me is, I happened to watch an interview of Shri K.J.Yesudoss. In his whole interview, he talked about Mellisai Mannar's greatness. He told without MSV he never shine in Tamil Cine field as a successful singer. He also sung few lines from the combination of him with MSV.. like... 'Enna paarvai undhan paarvai', 'Dheivam thandha veedu', 'manaivi amaivathellaam' etc.

KJY also sung many songs for Ilaiyaraja, but never forget the lift given by MSV for him.

For me KJY is 1,000 times better than selfish SPB, in 'nandri unarchi'.

madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Yesterday music- CHANNELS Reply with quote

DEAR FRIENDS,
To be neglected by the beneficiaries is hard on us- we the observers. As I had opined elsewhere, people resort to open eulogy when they perceive some scope for return. As Saradaa mam has pointed out, when they imagine that there is no gain from a person like MSV, they obviously play down his name but choose to sky rocket some one for the simple reason that they know something about the later arrivals .But that can never be an excuse for idiotic non-reference. Why I So is, if you do not know the composer's name you have no business to be a compere however popular you may assume yourself to be. The second question that looms large is IF MSV has not done something worthwhile [as some of these people's attitude suggests] WHY PLAY HS SONGS EXCEPT TO MARKET YOURSELVES AS GOOD ENTERTAINERS ? Coming to madam's reference to KJ J's admission of MSV's stature, I feel that he has been genuinely mellowed by time to personally assess what is right and wrong more because, he is not presently under media galore .Therefore, any Ego, playing havoc to a person does not presently occur to him since he is able to look back withall sobriety of his humble beginning in Bommai and how he catapulted to height by whom. All these character studies tell us how not to behave [ Padhavi varumbodhu Panivu varavaendum enru summava sonnargal?] Time will unfailingly teach indelible lessons for all those EGO-INFLATED mortals. But the pain they will suffer then will be a heavy ordeal right under public gaze. I do not offer a curse . But with my long years [approx 40 years as a teacher] of seeing the happenings to the humility-personified noble souls and those flamboyant Egotistic persons, my humble submission is NEMESIS IS INESCAPABLE and no force on earth can mitigate it, leave alone stalling it. GOD is great ,let us be grateful to him.
Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Navi Mumbai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: