"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preludes & Interludes of Songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
satheesh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramesh,

I'll sing for you is from the movie "Nallathoru Kudumbam".

And to everyone in the forum, a very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007.

I should be back in 2007 with more.
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sing for you is from the movie "Nallathoru Kudumbam".

satheesh

I think this song from MANITHANAM THEIVA MAGALAM. Sivaji did guest role in this movie.

regards
ramesh
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: A VERY HAPPY 2007 TO ALL MSV CLUB MEMBERS! Reply with quote

Hi Ramesh & Satheesh,

The song you have mentioned about - I'll sing for you is from the film "Manitharul Manikkam" and not as you hv mentioned. It's one of the greatest orchestrated sonngs of MSV in which he would have used both Western and Indian Classical nuances. Excellent Piano song also!

May I take this opportunity to Wish Every Member of this Elite Club a Very Happy 2007. May this new year bring a lot of joy, peace & happiness to every one of us through Our Master's Music.
vaidy
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends

Just hear SORGAM PAKATHIL (in this site under song section). Fantastic prelude especially accordion piece. wow terrfiic. I never heard prelude of this song . Thanks
regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shivaji rasigargal felt that MSV always gives his best for MGR.
That made MSV to come out ALL TIME HIT AND RECORD SALES FOR THAT YEAR. Even though movie was not so good but this song is there for ever.
Film: POONJAL
SONG: AAGAYA PANDHALEELAE

Terrific opening , we cannot describe the flow of music especially flute/shenoy/sitar and violin interludes.

regards
ramesh
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Ponnoonjal Reply with quote

Dear Mr Ramesh,

About MSV putting better effort for MGR movies than Sivaji's was only an illusion. But the fact is, his compositions for Sivaji movies were far better in quality than what he scored for MGR starrers. His range and variety also used to be much wider for Sivaji films than that of MGR's.

The song "Aagaya Pandhalile Ponnoonnjal Aadudhamma" is one of MSV's masterpieces. The Legend has extensively used Mandolin, Shenoy & Violins in this song, blending them beautifully. The highlight of the song is the opening Mandolin piece.

"Ponnoonjal" was a flop; but the above song as well as another TMS-PS number "Nalla Kaariyam Seekkiram Nadakkanum" in the movie were super hits.

Films may flop, but MSV's music never flops.
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear saradhaa&Venugopalan

We know that MSV will give HIS BEST always . But as said by venugopalan this illusion was there. I came across this statement through some magazine only. Anywy right or wrong we got another EVER BEST FROM MSV.

Another song with excellent opening ,this time western type:

once Kamal hassan told SPB(vijay tv interview)that people use to request this song wherever I go whether within india or abroad. SPB immediately acknowledged greatness of this song and sang few lines. MSV ANNA EVVALVU AZHAGA WESTERN MUSIC USE PANNE IRUKKAR.

Song: UNAKEENA MELE NINRAI
Film: SIMLA SPECIAL.

I think this movie came late 80's (hope I am right).

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While last song was made during 80's with mix up of western type and this one came during 60's. Another GEM frm MELLISAI MANNAR .
Another example of MASTER MSV CREATIVITY. GRAND OPENING WITH SAXOPHONE/PIANO and that tempo was maintained throghout the song with violin /flute with excellent chrous.

song: ELLORUM NALLAM VAZHA NAAN PADUVEN
FILM: ENGA MAMA

GOD. Those who watched this recording might be the luckiest person in the universe. Yes Exemplary orchestra and the way violin/flute/chrous mixed in the interlude is mind blowing. we cannot imagine that this kind of orchestra happend in 60's.

Need to mention that after finishing the first line you can notice Piano support and followed by chrous/violin(before the line POOPONRA EN ULLAM YARR KANDHAU)this part is something unique and that too in short time after start of an interlude.

Another amazing composistion from MELLISAI MANNAR.

No need to mention about another OUTSTANDING SONG in this movie.

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mentioned "We cannot expect this type of songs in 60s".
I wat to add "we cannot expect this type of songs even now

Dear Saradhaa

We know that kind of composistion wont happen in near future also. What I try to convey is MSV WELL AHEAD OF THAT TIME. Smile

regards
ramesh
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: prelude Reply with quote

IN THE PRELUDE FEAST THE FLLOWING ARE MISSING.

PAAL VANNAM PARUVAM KANDU (PAASAM)

NAALAAM NAALAAM THIRUNAALAM (K.N)

NETRU VARAI NEE YAARO NAAN YARO (VAZHKKAI PADAKU)

THULLI THULLI VILAYADA THUDIKKUDHU MANADHU (M.S.P)

ORU PENNAI PAARTHU NILAVAI PAARTHU(MGR MOVIE)

NENJATHAI ALLI KONJAM THA (K.N)

NINAITHATHAI NADATHIYE MUDIPPAVAN NAAN NAAN (NAM NAADU)

MATHURA NAGARIL TAMIL SANGAM (PAAR MAGALE PAAR)

KATHIRINTHA KANGALE (M.S.P)

ORUVAR MANATHAI ORUVAR ARIYA (GOWRI KALYANAM)

KUYILAGA NAAN IRUNTHENNA (SELVA MAGAL0

GOOD PRELUDE

SANKARANARAYANAN
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SONG: KANNAE KANIYAE MUTHAE MANIYAE ARUGAE VAA

FILM:RAGASIYA POLICE 115

Nice melody. Both TMS&PS will repeat the first line with different style.

PS: KANNE KANIYAE MUTHAEE MANIYAE ARUGAEE VAA. immediately followed by excellent piano &violin support .

Again PS will start the same line with different tune and TMS repeats the same with little punch. Again before switching over to next line(KARUMBINIL THEN VAITHA KANNAM MINNA VAA)small flute bit with support of violin and after this complextion of the song changes drastically.

Excellent fast paced interlude starts with Accordion and followed by small bit of sitar.

Master differes here: SEMM MADHULIYO KANIYO UNN SIRITHA MUGAM ENNA/ SEERU THANNAM PALLI MINNAL KEETRU VADITHA SUGAM ENNA

TMS: ORU KODDI MULLIAPOO VILLIYADAM SUGAM ENNA. Followed by flute support. Here entire song goes to different level. Entire tune got changed in single line. THAT IS MSV SPECIALITY.

You can see lot of vairation in the tune as well as in orchestra between first line to first stanza.

Again in the second stanza ORU NAAL IRAVU NILVAI EDUTHU UNN UDAL AMAITHANO. mild singing from TMS but PS will respond back in high pitch

ENNAI KANNA CHONNANOO .with flute support.

Again MSV gives some surprise in second interlude. mild piano &violin .
and he reduces violin support step by step(those who know techncially can describe better).

You can enjoy more while you hear this song . It is more than what I descirbed.

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear saradhaa

I missed your writing Sad (like many others). Anyway we have so many VAIRAM/VAIDORIUM from our master. Post atleast one song every week in this section.

Thanks

regards
ramesh
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Excellent music sense provoking analysis Reply with quote

Dear Sharadha & Ramesh,

Excellent job. All your analysis are really music sense proking ones. Keep posting and btw Kanne Kaniye should be rated as one of our Master's all time greats.

Cheers
vaidy
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saradhaa_sn wrote:

"ஒருநாளிரவு நிலவை எடுத்து உன் உடல் அமைத்தானோ
பலநாள் முயன்று வானவில் கொண்டு நல் வண்ணம் தந்தானோ"

(இப்படியெல்லாம் எழுதிய 'வாலி'.... இப்போ எங்கய்யா போயிட்டீங்க)

Dear Saradha Ma'm,

This line is one line which I used to wonder like anything. For the reason, the song arrangement for these kind of lyrics is extremely difficult. (I think this is a song composed for lyrics, correct me if am wrong). Even if it is Mettukku Paattu, the "Santham" MSV has provided is simply great!!!

I think this line has got a special attraction from many, like me, simply because of the unconventional lyric arrangement and the melody added to those words!!!
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Vishwesh writes:

A few weeks before as I was strumming a waltz for a song, I was struck by the chord progression that sounded so pleasantly familiar to me. I couldn’t remember the lyrics but the tune was so fresh in me that I could play the whole song without the lyrics though ! I couldn’t get the song off my mind once I had tried my hands on it. Thanks to google, I could find the song in fifteen minutes. And I was so glad to find a few comments in the web left by those who had similarly been impressed by this song.

The song starts with the typical flourish of an MSV prelude. Right from the start the joyful tempo is beautifully maintained though the saranam changes delightfully to a major scale from a minor. The first interlude itself is beautiful, for it has the flowing accordion (which is replaced by the strings in the second. How charming is MSV’s usage of the accordion, which always sounds to me to be literally oozing out of the instrument!) which is followed by the strings that subtly change the general mood of the song but still full adhering to the joyful tempo of the song (probably the hero and the heroine now sing along with a baby and hence the change to a major scale) . MSV is a true master of maintaining such a spirit from the first note of the song. Compare it with most of the modern songs in which there is hardly any sequence that you can follow from the pallavi to anupallavi, let alone the interludes which are most of the times clueless about what precedes and follows it! There is the typical MSV trade-mark bangos, though it is not so obvious. I don’t know if any other music director used bangos as him. The song sparkles with his tasteful usage of the accordion and the orchestration is rich, like most of the songs he tuned for MGR.

How refreshing TMS is ! I personally feel P.Suseela would have made this song more memorable than LR Eswari. She sounds contrived to me in the ‘la la la la la la’ of the pallavi.

The lyrics were equally refreshing. One of the distinct qualities of songs belonging to this era, as I find, is that you could enjoy the lyrics just as you enjoy good poetry (though in this song the emphasis is on the good qualities of the dad, who is MGR that the son would imbibe ). I was struck by the playfulness of this line :

‘pasikkural kodukaiyil puthu puthu isai amaiththAn’

A brilliant song and it is a pleasure to hear it even repeatedly, which is the true mark of good music. Play the song in a musical instrument and you will find how strikingly simple the tune is. That a simple tune as that is made into something unforgettable is what makes a creative genius.

I have copied this exellent article from dhool.com.

regards
ramesh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: