"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enjoy the Title Music !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Enjoy the Title Music !!! Reply with quote

TITLE MUSIC !!!

There will be whole bunch of CDs and cassettes that can be created if we just compile the Title Tracks of this Musical Saint !!! I would just pity the society that has not noticed and enjoyed the title scores of our Master !!
As Cho Ramaswamy correctly pointed out "IF PEOPLE DO NOT LISTEN TO MSV's SONGS OR READ BHARATHIAR AND KALKI'S WORKS , THE LOST IS THEIRS ". How Golden these words are !!! Should I say anything more ?

IDHAYAKANI :-
=========
What an excellent creation by our Musical Saint !!!!. The whole title music revolves around the beautiful romantic number "INBAMEY UNDAN PER PENMAYO" , but in a very different mood and melody. The music starts with a totally different prelude which leads to the whole violin ensemble playing the notes of "INBAMEY UNDAN PER PENMAYO...." in a slow pace which is very melodious . The best part is that the preludes and the interludes are totally different from what is available in the original song !!!! WOW !!! What a presentation...I am like totally awed when I listened to it and could not stop myself from sharing this with the other "Bakthas" of this saint.

PAALUM PAZHAMUM :-
=============
The other amazing Title Music that I heard recently is for "PAALUM PAZHAMUM" . This Title starts with a beautiful Mandolin piece that plays the notes of the immortal song "Paalum Pazahamum Kaigal Yendhi" and goes to a Brass Section and the usual violin ensemble plays the same notes with the Brass section at the background. JEEZZZ.....I just cant express the joy that I felt in words.

AALAYAMANI :-
=========
The other amazing title track is for the movie "AALAYAMANI" which starts with Nadigar Thilagam ringing the aalayamani from where the title starts and the total title is completely Hindustani based with Santoor and other instruments. Though, I dont get the total music in my mind now, I thought this is worth mentioning here.

NENJIL ORE AALAYAM :-
==============
Of course, I cannot stop myself from writing on "NENJIL ORE AALAYAM".

Indha thiraipadamum, paadalgalum rasigargalin nenjagalil ore aalayamaaga neenga idam pidithu sagaa varam petravai.

I was always totally awed when I listened to every song of this movie from childhood. But the most amazing part was when I recently listened to the title music of this movie. It starts with the usual beautiful violin and brass ensemble when the mandolin takes over with a fast paced rhythm and a happy mood with the mixing of flute and guitar. WHOOOF....so many instruments for a 2:50 minutes title !!!!!

In the middle , the rhythm slows down and there is an amazing transition from the happy mood to the melodious melancholic mood through mandolin when a SOUL STIRRING SHENAI takes over playing the notes of "NILAITHU VAALUM AALAYAMmmm....NENJIL ORE AALAYAM...." twice,
thus the core baseline of the story is being conveyed to the listeners. What an imagination !!!Ammmaaaaa...is there anything more in this world that can give such a soothing effect to my heart ?...

What a breath-taking composition and an amazing rendition by the great SATHYAM (Shenai player - I am sure he must have played these notes) !!!!

GOWRAVAM :-
========

GOWRAVAM!!!!!! - Are there words in English that I can use to delineate the Title Music of this movie? Please someone take over !!!

P.S :- If any of the rasikas have not noticed or listened to the Title Tracks, I seriously say that you have missed so much until now and believe me, when you listen to them you would love them more than the original song tracks of the movie.
You could listen to them in the BGM section of MSVTIMES.COM.

More to follow.....

Venky
Member - Core Team
MSVTIMES.COM
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Title Music of the Master. Reply with quote

Dear Venkat,

There are numerous other Films, in which MSV's work for the Title Music was greater than his work for the songs of those movies. As I had mentioned in some of my earlier postings too, just listen to the title music of "Paarthal Pasi Theerum". It will be simply amazing. Andha isayai kettale nam pasi theerum.

The List earlier mentioned by me does include "Gowravam". Also you should listen in particular to Title Musics of films like "Pudhiya Paravai", "Nee", "Raja", "Savale Samaali", "Sorgam", "Ayirathil Oruvan", "Enga Veettu Pillai", etc (as I said the list will be endless).

Today, when I went home for Lunch I was watching the Australian Open Tennis on Star Sports. Suddenly at 2 PM I switched over to Jaya TV when the film "Aayirathil Oruvan" was just beginning and I was fortunate enough to listen and enjoy the great Title Music (which is set as a Theme Music for the film and appears at very important scenes of the movie). The title music of the film is mostly by Violins, of course mixed with all possible instruments, as is always the case with MSV. At one point, the theme music is played with Base Piano (a heavy sound) with Violins played like a smooth flowing stream. Amazing. You should listen to it to have a real feel of it. I had no mood to leave for office again. But, after enjoying the movie for about half an hour (in which there are many wonderful pieces of back-ground score of the Master), I had to reluctantly leave.

As I have already mentioned in one of my postings, I am a great fan of Sivaji. But I used to see MGR movies too, only to enjoy MSV's music. That way, I have seen Ayirathil Oruvan several times. The re-recording of the entire movie is fabulous. The movie has also another milestone of a peculiar kind, ie. it was the last movie before MSV & TKR parted in mid 1965.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar
srandy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Title tracks Reply with quote

I was recently "introduced" to the title tracks by Vaidy.. He has a good collection of these with him and I hope it would find its way to msvtimes.com soon...

Yes, as you rightly said, there are amazing gems in title tracks that have not got their due... I would say that the orchestration in the title tracks are a step, if not more, above the rest as there are no "lyrics" and hence the entire orchestra has to play for the full duration of say 2-3 minutes. Many of the title tracks also have "themes" of the songs that appear in the movie, though subtley and many a time with a lot of variety...

Cheers
&y
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Kaalathal Azhikkamudiyadha Kaaviya Isai. Reply with quote

Hi Saradha,

It is heartening to know that the Legend's great work is being appreciated by the current generation too. I am sure his work will be appreciated and enjoyed even in the next century (kaalathal azhikkamudiyatha kaaviya isai).

Regarding the inclusion of "Savaley Samali" in the Title Music list, I am sorry. It was slip. I had "Moonru Deivangal" in mind (the movies came close to each other, as you may know).

Regards,
Venu Soundar
ramasamysujatha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Title Music - Gauravam Reply with quote

Dear MSV Fans,

First of all I must thank to the MSVTimes site creator and Rasigars like you and me. I agree with Gauravam Title Misic - it is fabulous better than the original song. I used to play Gauravam DVD every day especially the title before going to office and tried to record that tune alone to cut in a CD. If the Title Misic section comes, it is just awsome for all of us. Many of us missing the Genious scores of MSVs Title and BGM. Each stanza of these are new tunes. Today's music directors can take that as thread for creating new songs. That is the beauty of MSV tunes - A Melody Creator. There is no words to express his tunes...but can only be experienced...

I think MSV does not need any Award. He is above than Awards. Who has capability to compare him with other Music Directors. He is eligible for giving Awards to other....TamilNadu Govt should start MSV Award for the best Film Tumes every year.

I am very much happy to post a comment for MSV whose tunes are always filling my heart...
irenehastings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramasamysujatha,

Your very first post itself a power-packed one. The way you mentioned about the title music of Gowravam wonderful.

Yes MSVsir will start "neeyum naanumaa" tune in heavy violin base, and when he start the charanam "arivai koduththatho dhronarin gowravam" tune he will use guitar, gap music also in vareities with heavy instruments. A nice pick by you.

Regarding awards to MSV sir, what you told is 100% correct. He has gone beyond recieving awards from somebody, but now he is the position of giving awards to others. A nice thought.

Please post more and more of your experiences with music magic of our MSV sir.
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள ராமஸ்வாமி சுஜாதா,

நீங்கள் மிகச்சரியாக எழுதியதுபோல் எம்.எஸ்.வி அவர்கள் அவார்டுகளுக்கெல்லாம் அப்பாற்பட்டவர்.

இதைப்படித்ததும் எங்கள் குடும்ப நண்பர், தீவிர எம்.எஸ்.வி ரசிகர் திரு. சுந்தரவரதன் அவர்கள் சொன்னதுதான் நினைவுக்கு வந்தது.

அவர் எப்போதும் சொல்வார் :

'பெருமாளுக்கு யார் அவார்ட் கொடுப்பது ? ஒரு மாலையைப்போட்டு, நெடும்சாண்கிடையாக நமஸ்காரம் பண்ணிவிட்டு வருவதைத்தவிர எவனுக்கு என்ன யோக்யதை இருக்கிறது ?' - என்ன அருமையான
வார்த்தை ?

ராம்கி.

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: MSV - THE BINDING FORCE Reply with quote

Dear Ramaswamy Sujatha,

A warm welcome to MSVTIMES.COM. It is a great feeling to experience when we see MSV rasikas getting integrated from across the globe. MSV sure is a binding force. Let our tribe increase many folds. Awaiting to see more of your writings.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome RS

as siad by you we have already felt that he is beyond all these.
because of two important reasons

one he has no weight in his mind about his work and he feels light by his quality and naturally fro a man this shield or trophy by some body makes no difference as he knows that it was some one who was a creator not HE

secondly if you want to measure the quality or quantity from his unit which you will take and which you will leave and how many awards you can give .

i feel the only way is to see him and just wonder as to how all these were possible by him .

if i have a next janma i only wish i to be born as his harmonium.

this comes from my heart
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome RS

as said by you we have already felt that he is beyond all these.
because of two important reasons

one he has no weight in his mind about his work and he feels light by his quality and naturally for a man this shield or trophy by some body makes no difference as he knows that it was some one who was a creator not HE

secondly if you want to measure the quality or quantity from his unit which you will take and which you will leave and how many awards you can give .

i feel the only way is to see him and just wonder as to how all these were possible by him .

if i have a next janma i only wish to be born as his harmonium.

this comes from my heart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: