"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Competition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Competition Reply with quote

Dear Music Lovers,

We the music lovers and fans of MSV log into this website almost daily to share our experience and to know more about the genious called M.S.Viswanathan, The more we read about him the more interested we are on him.

No day pass on without murmuring or humming a song or two of this great music composer who fortunately is our contemporary. As a tribute to this great master of music I suggest let there be a competion among us to select in individual opinion top ten songs of MSV alltimes. Let there be a panel of judges consisting of persons like Ramki, Vaidy and a few others s who were instrumental in the the formation/launching of MSV times website.

The list of top received/mailed by music lovers can be compared with the list that will be prepared by the panel. For each song that matches with that of the panel some marks can be given. Whoever tops scores can be awarded some prize. Let the prize be an evening with the MSV. or some kind of momento.

I am sure members will welcome this suggestion. Yes it is indeed a herculian task to pin down ten top songs as there are innmerable numbers
I have an idea. Let us first list out top 25 then prune it to 15 and finaly to ten.

This exercise will also help to recall our younger days when we were so much interested to see films in theatres, the connected incidents. For example to see a MGR film (Padagotti at Plaza) I stood for 5 hrs in the Q to get 166 paise ticket which was considered in those days a high class ticket.

I am sure the Moderator and his colleagues would welcome this suggestion and make a formal annoucement giving the last date for submission of list and any other rules that may be required.

Whether it will be accepted or not, I have already started jotting down 25 best songs and would be shortlisting to 10.

This will also give us an opprtunity to discuss with our family members especially elders who will rejoice when asked their opinion.

Vasudevan
Mumbai
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea Vasudevan Sir!!!

My doubt is, if the users' selection has songs that seems to be rare and unavailable, how will he be able to upload them in this site, so that others would have an opportunity to hear abt it and comment??

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Competition is a nice idea! But, as with any competition, we will have dis-appointments for "Runners". Also, MSVClub is globally dispersed. Hence geographical constraints need to be considered! Just my thoughts...

But the thought is already in place. We already a thread "Your Top 10 MSV Favourites". Only difference being it is "Competition-Less"

http://msvtimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo Music lovers,

Thanks for the views expressed on my proposed idea of a competition. My comments.

1. Competition aspect was though off so as to attract members to join and submit their list. With more no of entries, members can compare how their selection songs meet others choice.

2. I agree certain songs are not available on record/CD or any other form so judgement may be difficult.

A song becomes a hit or popular when it is played on air or TV and is available.

So if there are constraints in making judgement then, there need be a compeition but members can be asked to post their entry.

I submit again that compeition aspect may be dropped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: