"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Missed Recognitions" - One More Important Factor.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,

REFERRING TO YESTERDAYS "THULLATHAMANAMUM THULLUM" PROGRAM IN DD-POTHIGAI,THE USUAL FEATURE ON SUNDAY NIGHT 9.30 SLOT.THE COMPERE WAS MENTIONING S.M.SUBBIAH NAIDU FOR 'sammadama" SONG .THIS WAS FOLLOWED BY "ISAIKETTAL PUVI
ASAINTHADUM" FROM THAVAPUDALVAN FOR WHICH THE INTRO GIVEN BY THE COMPERE GOES LIKE THIS: ITHU KALYANI RAGATHIL AMAINTHATA PADAL.HINDUSTANIYIL YAMAN RAGATHIL AMAINTHATHU.THAT'it.

THIS WAS FOLLOWED BY THOONGAATHA VIZHIGAL RENDU" FROM AGNI NATCHATRAM. THE COMP NEVER FORGOT TO MENTION IR . THIS WAS FOLLOWED BY AN OLD VEDA NUMBER FOR THE COMP WAS RAVING ABOUT THE SONG ,VEDA ,AND THE ORCHESTRATION.

WHEN SUCH ISSUES WERE LAMENTED,I WAS BIT SKCEPTIC AND BELIEVED THAT IT MAY BE A SLIP OR IGNORANCE.BUT AS THERE SEEMS TO BE A PATTERN IN THIS IN EVERY PROGRAM, I AM STARTING TO GET CONVINCED THAT THIS IS A PLANNED NEGLECT.

THIS IS TOTALLY DISGUSTING ? THAT TOO OF ALL ,WHY MSV?

IT IS BECOMING DIFFICULT TO COMPREHEND BY THE DAY.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
raj_k65

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: E-MAIL SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Looks like those guys are all out to sabotage the maestro. I would suggest that all of us who are concerned should e-mail the media stations expressing our displeasure and copied to the local press (Tamil Nadu).

Please provide the e-mail addresses of the stations concerned.

R. Mahendra Raj[/b]
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

I too feel very irritated when someone doesnt mention the name of MSV, when he/she discusses about a song he composed. I have given out my hard feelings in this forum too. But irrespective of these things, I personally feel we should not make it a big issue. Because one thing is clear..anybody who hears or watches an old song of 60's or early 70's, they assume it must be a song of MSV; just like they mistake any song of that period to be written by Kannadhasan only. People associate Vaali only for MGR songs; there are many number of songs Vaali has written for other heroes too in that period. (Even our own Legend MSV committed a mistake in his autobiography while writing in Anandavikatan, that songs in UYARNTHA MANITHAN were written by Kannadhasan. But the truth is all the songs of UYARNTHA MANITHAN including the alltime famous ANTHA NALL GNABAGAM were written by Vaali, which he corrected in the next issue after many readers pointed it out to the magazine. It was an error by a slip.)

Our Legend Shri. MSV is gifted in that aspect and the common men give the due credit to MSV Sir for the melody content and the orchestration style, which prevailed in the entire period of 60's and 70's -- for all the songs irrespective who the music director is. Common public never failed to appreciate the contribution of MSV. They know it. Let us not give too much importance to these non-important fellows who talk about old songs.

P. Sankar.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All TV announcers are a novice making a livelihood reading from someone's script. Little do they know of any music , leave alone their acknowledging the true wizardy of people like MSV. Shamelessly they parade as knowledgeable people and they perceive the whole lot of audience as even less knowledgeable than themselves. Stupidity is the order of the day and there is no professionalism in all their announcements,making just a mechanical reference to actors while being blissfully ignorant of the real creators. Decided recalcitrance has no remedy. Nothing is lost if lesser mortals do not spell out the names of giants like MSV. [color=red][/color]
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: BULL'S EYE PROF RAMAN! Reply with quote

Dear Prof Raman,

Veterans like you who have been listening to Our Legend's music for decades should throw more light on the "restrictions" we had those days listening or talking about cinema in our respective homes at a time when it was considered a heinous crime to talk or discuss about movies then! Your observation was an interesting one that cleared my doubts to a very great extent. For the benefit of the members of this forum, I request you to eloborate on why the present day's music (is it worth calling it music or meesic as NVS terms it!!!!) gets so much of hype (unwanted, undeserved.... use any word and prefix it with "un" to term the new generation music / meesic directors) and undue publicity and your explanation in crude terms..... "only kuppai needs to be marketed this way" was really thought provoking indeed. Kindly share your thoughts with the rest of the elite members of this forum and especially for those who have been deprived of good soul stirring music which has just become a way of life for our One & Only MSV!!!

Cheers
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dern Madhuraman Sir,

I have heard of u from Mr.Ramki . We are eagerly waiting to see ur thoughts on the divine music of the MSV.

Your thoughts on the music of MSV are very valuable for us.

Awaiting your post with Love
Sampat
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All MSV fans are deeply anguished over the callous disrespect heaped on to the composer-giant Sri MSV.All such comperes on Tv channels are only employees reading someone's script.They have no serious value for anything. Where is the scope for their concern for 'creators' like MSV? All they can infer are the names of actors. Abyssmal ignorance is their lone virtue that helps them stay emotionless. All such lesser mortals have selective Amnesia when it comes to MSV. They steadily remember to ignore his name and shamelessly parade as 'knowledgeable' comperes. Decided recalcitrance has no remedy. People of the stature of MSV lose nothing if incompetent people fail to recall their names. Perhaps Goddess Saraswathi serves them with Amnesia more to honour MSV'S stature by being honourably kept perpetually vivid in the minds of the truly knowledgeable millions of "quality lovers".GOD IS GREAT.
Prof.K.Raman Navimumbai
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: present hype about tfm Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vaidy and Mr.Sampat

Thank you for your kind observations to my familiarity with MSV's mesmerism.From mesmerisers music has tumbled into a messs. To put in simple terms disjoint play of noisy instruments passes for music. Things less understood enjoy popularity. The situation is analogous to people enjoying Hollywood dialogues by watching the neighbours' responses and letting off peels of laughter a minute after the neighbour did so. It is more amusing than annoying. TO BE ABLE TO DISCERN the grain from the chaff it calls for a wisdom or at least a receptive perception. Bandwagon philosophies are always ephemeral and how can music be any different.Any wheel has to turn a full circle. New changes will revive the old. Let us watch it happen. "Kanindha manam veezhvadhillai"
As for Mr.Vaidy'srequest. I shall post my observations to highlight how things were to pinpoint "attitudes" I do have the advantage of my age [born in 1946] to put things in right perspective if Msv FANS ARE READY TO CONSIDER the issues as i understand them. Thank you one and all.
Prof.K.Raman
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

முந்தாநாள் (24.09.2007) திங்களன்று ஜெயா டிவியின் 'வி.ஐ.பி. சிறப்பு தேன்கிண்ணம் நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஒரு பாப்பா பங்கு பெற்றது. பின்னனி பாடகியாம். பெயர் ‘MAHADHI’ (இது ஒரு ராகத்தின் பெயர் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்)

தேன்கிண்ணத்தின்போது கீழ்க்கண்ட பாடல்களை ஒளிபரப்பினார்...

மன்னவன் வந்தானடி (திருவருட்செல்வர்)
ஒருநாள் போதுமா (திருவிளையாடல்)
பார்த்தஞாபகம் இல்லையோ (புதிய பறவை)
ஆலயமாகும் மங்கை மனது (சுமதி என் சுந்தரி)
நீயே உனக்கு என்றும் (பலே பாண்டியா)
நினைத்தேன் வந்தாய் (காவல்காரன்)
தெய்வம் தந்த வீடு (அவள் ஒரு தொடர்கதை)
அதிசய ராகம் (அபூர்வ ராகங்கள்)

இந்தப்பாடல்களை ஒளிபரப்புமுன் அவற்றைப்பற்றி சொல்லும்போது சுசீலாவையும், பால முரளியையும் புகழ்ந்து பேசினார். சிவாஜியை புகழ்ந்தார், எம்.ஜி.ஆரைப் பற்றி குறிப்பிட்டார். இன்னும் யார் யாரைப்பற்றியெல்லாமோ சொன்னார். நானும் 'இந்தப்பாடலில் சொல்வார் அல்லது இந்தப்பாடலிலாவது குறிப்பிடுவார்' என்று எதிர்பார்த்து ஏமாந்தேன்.

ஆம். அவரது பட்டியலில் பாவம் செய்த இருவர் எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதனும், கே.வி.மகாதேவனும் தான். ஆம் அவர்களைப்பற்றி ஒருவார்த்தை கூட குறிப்பிடவில்லை. அதிசய ராகம் பாடலில் கூட அவர் பாலமுரளியைத்தான் புகழ்ந்தார்.

இத்தனைக்கும் அவர் ஒரு பாடகியாம். சொல்லிக்கொள்கிறார்கள்.

ஒரு ஒளிப்பதிவாளர், அல்லது 'ஸ்டண்ட் மாஸ்டர்' வழங்கும் தேன்கின்னத்தில் இசையமைப்பாளர் பற்றிக் குறிப்பிட மறக்க வாய்ப்புள்ளது. ஆனால் ஒரு பாடகி...?. இத்தனைக்கும் அவர் இசையை தன் தொழிலாய்க் கொண்ட ஒருவர்...?. அவர் இசையமைப்பாளரை பற்றி, அல்லது அட்லீஸ்ட் அவர் பெயரை மட்டும் கூட சொல்லாதது அதிர்ச்சியாக இருந்தது. இந்த லட்சணத்தில் அவை யாவும் தனக்கு பிடித்த பாடல்கள் என்று வேறு சொல்லிகொண்டார். பிடித்த பாடலின் இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் யார் என்று அவருக்கு தெரியாதா?. அல்லது தெரிந்துகொள்ள விரும்பவில்லையா?. அல்லது சொல்ல விரும்பவில்லையா?.

என்ன காரணம்..? ஒருவேளை அவர்களைப்பற்றி குறிப்பிட்டால் இன்றைய இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் தனக்கு வாய்ப்பளிக்க மாட்டார்கள் என்ற பயமோ?. அப்படியானால், அவர் இன்றைய இசையமைப்பாளர்களின் பாடல்களையே ஒளிபரப்பி, அதன் மூலம் 'தன்னுடைய பாடும் வாய்ப்பை' இன்னும் பிரகாசமாக்கிக் கொள்ளலாமே...!!!.

அந்தப்பாடகி Mahadhi அநேகமாக மைலாப்பூர், அல்லது தி.நகர் வாசியாகத்தான் இருப்பார். அவரதுக்கு வேண்டியவர்கள் அல்லது நண்பர்கள் இதைப்படிக்கக்கூடும். படிப்பவர்கள் அவரது கவனத்துக்கு எடுத்துச்ச்செல்லுங்கள். இனியாவது அவர் திருத்திக்கொள்ளட்டும்.

பாவம், வரலாறு தெரியாத குழந்தைகள். நேற்று பெய்த மழையில் இன்று முளைத்த காளான்கள்.

Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Saradha Madam,

Though I could not watch "Then Kinnam" much nowadays, except am in hometown and during weekdays, I have cited these before. I remember a "Then Kinnam" trailer they showed on Sunday, when they said the Monday special guest would be Poet Pa.Vijay, and they showed few song clips, the first song was "Madhavi Pon Mayilaal" from "Iruvar Ullam". I watched "ThenKinnam" the next day. only because of this song, and found a similar incident.

Pa.Vijay told during "Madhavi Pon Mayilaal" -"Intha Paadalil Thamizh Vilayaadum" (The song is by Vaali). Similarly, when the songs of our EMPEROR came, he was praising Vaali and Kavignar. When coming to later period, the praises suddenly became "IR Puranam". What a bias!!!! If he is a poet and praise only poets in the programme, nothing would have happened. But, the credit goes to actors and poets for certain period, and suddenly to a MD in the another ?

Similarly, in an interview of Director Shankar, when he was mentioning about music in his movies, he told this following line,

"During times of MGR-Shivaji, the songs would be composed very quickly. But, nowadays the song composition takes time. But, the quality is so greater than before. The MD is concentrating on every small note and sounds appearing in the song, and takes time to frame it."

Maybe, he would have been watching only MGR and Shivaji and the sets in songs like "Pattathu Raani Paarkum Paarvai" and "Ninaithadhai Nadathiey Mudippavan", and nothing to the music. Then, he would have never said these words.

The only show of "Then Kinnam", I and my father enjoyed the most was of Late Pundit Mr.Vishweswaran. We enjoyed every word and every song of the programme. (Even I remember what he told about our EMPEROR for few songs). That is the only interview, that would come to my mind when talking about "Then Kinnam".

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sriram Kannan wrote:
Dear Saradha Madam,
I remember a "Then Kinnam" trailer they showed on Sunday, when they said the Monday special guest would be Poet Pa.Vijay, and they showed few song clips, the first song was "Madhavi Pon Mayilaal" from "Iru Malargal". I watched "ThenKinnam" the next day. only because of this song, and found a similar incident.

Pa.Vijay told during "Madhavi Pon Mayilaal" -"Intha Paadalil Thamizh Vilayaadum" (The song is by Vaali). Similarly, when the songs of our EMPEROR came, he was praising Vaali and Kavignar. When coming to later period, the praises suddenly became "IR Puranam". What a bias!!!! If he is a poet and praise only poets in the programme, nothing would have happened. But, the credit goes to actors and poets for certain period, and suddenly to a MD in the another ?

Dear Sriram....

காரணம் நான் முன்னர் சொன்னதுதான். மெல்லிசை மன்னர் இப்போதெல்லாம் அதிகமாக இசையமைப்பதில்லை. ஆனால் இளையராஜா இப்போதும் கூட (நிறைய இல்லாவிட்டாலும் கூட) இசையமைத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார். ஆகவே அவரைப்பற்றி புகழ்ந்து பேசினால் (அதாவது ஜால்ரா அடித்தால்) பாட்டெழுத வாப்புக்கள் கிடைக்கும் என்ற நப்பாசைதான் பா.விஜய் போன்ற சந்தர்ப்ப வாதிகளை ஆட்டுகிறது.

இல்லாவிட்டால் அவர் எல்லோருக்கும் ஒரே மாதிரி அளவுகோலை பயன்படுத்தியிருப்பார். (அதாவது ஒன்று மெல்லிசை மன்னரையும் சேர்த்து சொல்லியிருப்பார். அல்லது அவரை தவிர்த்தது போல இளையராஜாவையும் தவிர்த்திருப்பார்.)

Sriram Kannan wrote:
Similarly, in an interview of Director Shankar, when he was mentioning about music in his movies, he told this following line,

"During times of MGR-Shivaji, the songs would be composed very quickly. But, nowadays the song composition takes time. But, the quality is so greater than before. The MD is concentrating on every small note and sounds appearing in the song, and takes time to frame it."

Maybe, he would have been watching only MGR and Shivaji and the sets in songs like "Pattathu Raani Paarkum Paarvai" and "Ninaithadhai Nadathiey Mudippavan", and nothing to the music. Then, he would have never said these words.

The only show of "Then Kinnam", I and my father enjoyed the most was of Late Pundit Mr.Vishweswaran. We enjoyed every word and every song of the programme. (Even I remember what he told about our EMPEROR for few songs). That is the only interview, that would come to my mind when talking about "Then Kinnam".

பாவம் ஷங்கர்.

அவருக்கும் இதே நிலைதான். ஆனால் அவருக்கு ஒன்று புரியவில்லை. அவர் சில "பெரிய" இசையமைப்பாளர்களை அழைத்துக்கொண்டு தீவுகளுக்கு போய் டேரா அடித்து மெட்டமைத்த பாடல்களை இன்று கேட்க ஆளில்லை. ஆம், 'ஜெண்டில்மேன்' பாடலோ, 'ஜீன்ஸ்' பாடலோ 'பாய்ஸ்' பாடலோ இன்று எங்காவது ஒலிக்கிறதா?.

ஆனால் தி.நகரிலிருந்து கோடம்பாக்கம் போவதற்குள், ஓடும் காரில் (நன்றி ராம்கி அண்ணா) பதிவு செய்யப்பட்ட பாடல், நாற்பத்தாறு ஆண்டுகளைக்கடந்து இன்றும் கேட்டு ரசிக்கப்படுகிறது. இதிலிருந்தே தெரிந்து கொள்ளலாமே இன்றைய பாடல்களின் லட்சணத்தை.

எது எதுக்கோ போட்டிகள் வைத்து பரிசுகள் கொடுக்கிறார்களே. அவர்கள் ஒரு முக்கிய போட்டி நடத்தலாமே. அதாவது சமீபத்தில் ஷங்கரின் இயக்கத்தில் வந்த "மிகப்பெரிய" பட்ஜெட் படத்தின் சில பாடல்களை ரசிகர்களுக்கு போட்டுக்காட்டி, அதிலிருந்து ஒரு வார்த்தையைக் கண்டு பிடித்து சொல்பவர்களுக்கு பெரிய பரிசு கொடுக்கலாமே. (ஆனால் யாரும் ஜெயிக்க மாட்டார்கள் என்பது உண்மை).
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why we need a competition, Madam!!!

A very obvious fact..

Our EMPEROR is the only MD, Poet Vairamuthu regards in high esteem, who has mentioned very clearly that "A MD who respects Tamil Language and its Poetry, and the Poets" (Vairamuthu and IR had an open clash, that exploded during "Sindhu Bhairavi". Similarly, ARR and Vairamuthu had some misunderstandings too, despite their continous hits at the time of "Jeans" , "Jodi" etc.)

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans Reply with quote

DEAR FRIENDS,
Any one who loves music would certainly acknowledge MSV's calibre. Unfortunately we are trying to look for admiration from those who can not last for years [ meaning Cinema quickly runs after new things for the mere sake of 'new'] People who have grown in muddy noise would not just bother to know the MD. For them presenting a programme is for making a livelihood.There is no semblance of a suggestion of knowledge from [m]any of them. The playing of songs is done to satisfy the time slot. Now, Sarada mam's suggestion of the comperes' playing songs from those MDs whom they VERBALLY adore, there is a big question WHO WILL LISTEN TO THEM and sponsors will not waste a pie on those stupid items. Jaya TV [or any other one] knows too well what they can profitably market. What to do, they have to field so-called Poets or Singers who have nothing else to do. These comperes ritualistically say a few words already written by some one who has no 'smell' of music.
[ I perceive smell as a strong inducer of thought over aroma or fragrance despite the crudeness of the term]. None of these people can market any of their present day products without earning the wrath of music lovers. The adage fits the occasion- 'How can a blind person portray the look of a King'. Cine-music is now, by the blind for the deaf from the intelluctually dumb. Any one with fine senses of perception can not stand them.
WARM REGARDS Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR SARADA MADAM,

IT IS IRONICAL THAT THE SINGER? MAHATHI DOESNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE MASTER,THE IRONY IS HER NAME MAHATHI IS THE RAAGA ON WHICH THE SONG "ADISAYA RAAGAM" IS COMPOSED(THIS IS THE RAAGA WHICH CONTAINS ONLY FOUR SWARAS). THIS RAAGA IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN UNEARTHED(I AM HESITANT TO USE THE WORD"INVENTED') BY BALAMURALI HIMSELF.IT IS NOT SURPRISING THAT SHE TALKS ADORATIVELY OF BALAMURALI AS,AT PRESENT SHE IS LEARNING UNDER HIM,AND HENCE HER GURU.
LEAVE THIS CHOTTAS.THEY ARE NOT WORTH THEIR TALKS OR OPINIONS.
N.B: SHE IS NOT A MYLAPORE OR T.NAGAR VAASI BUT CHINMAYANAGAR VAASI.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN

Last edited by s.r.sankaranarayanan on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR SARADA MADAM,

SHE IS NOT A MYLAPORE OR T.NAGAR VAASI. SHE IS A CHINMAYANAGARVAASI AND SHE ALSO RUNS A MAHATHI SCHOOL OF FINE ARTS.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: