"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MUSIC DIRECTORS AND PIANO BASED SONGS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juja14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: MUSIC DIRECTORS AND PIANO BASED SONGS Reply with quote

Piano has remained an unique instrument in the compositions of Tamil Music Directors. Each one has done their best to put it into use in different ragas and for different moods.Let me start from

1.G.Ramanathan
Then Suvai Mevum Sinthayin Geetham
(Film: Dr.Savithri) Sung by P.Leela.

2.M.S.V.
So many songs. The important one being
1.Ellorum Nalam Vazha(Enga Mama)
2.Paduvor Padinal(Oru Thai Makkal)

3.V.Kumar
1.Unnidam Mayangugiren(Then Sindhuthe Vanam)
2.Unnai Naan Parthathundu(Kannamoochi)

4.Ilayaraja
Like MSV So many songs. Someof them are
1.Vaigai Nathi(Dharmathin Thalaivan)
2.En Vaanilay(Jonny)
3.Ilanguil(Brahmma)

5.S.A.Rajkumar
1.Kanneer (Chinna Poove Mella Pesu)

Though this list is not exhaustive, it contains some of the popular ones. Mention must be made about the first song from the film Dr.Savithri. If one wishes to know to what extent a piano can be made use of, then it is the song one should listen. Long back when Radio Ceylon was in vogue this song was often played in the morning slot around 6.00 to 6.30 AM. I welcome other enthusiasts to post more on this subject. Because I might have forgotten to include some actually well known songs as well as other music directors' contribution in this regard. With Wishes. Very Happy
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Juja,

There are thousands of songs, in which Piano was "USED" for compossing by various Music Directors, mostly by our Mellisai Mannar.

But what you have mentioned here are some songs, in which Piano was "SHOWED" in the movies, that hero or heroine are playing them.

(Even that also you missed somany like Paattondru Ketten (Paasamalar), Unnai ondru ketpen (Puthiya Paravai), Enna enna vaarththaigalo (Vennira aadai), Mezhuguvarththi (Gowravam) etc).

juja14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to the observation Reply with quote

Dear Madam, I myself have made it clear in my post that the songs alluded to are not the only ones and pointed out that the list is not exhaustive. Moreover your usage of words such as 'used' and 'showed',though appear to be impressive is far from truth. If at all you have ever listened to the song from Dr.Savithri, you would not have
come to such needless conclusion. The purpose of this thread is to invite other members to contribute so that I can know better and others can also be informed. With all respect, I would like to remind you that this forum is not for belittling or disparaging others. With wishes Shocked
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Juja,

I strongly hope that, my words have been understood from the wrong corner. It is not to degrade or discourage anyone. When I gone through the list you mentioned, all of them are Piano used and shown songs in the movies. Thats all.

Unfortunately I didnt have oppertunity to watch Dr.Savithri, but all others I have seen. If you go through 'Pick a song and analyse' forum in our site, we can see many 'Piano songs' were discussed by our members. (This is also for your information, I know you have joined in March 2007 itself and possible that you might have visit there).

I request you to post your valuable writings without long breaks...

Please continue.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: