"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Member - Dr.Damodaran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: New Member - Dr.Damodaran Reply with quote

Hello esteemed MSV fans,
I am a new member and would like to introduce myself. I am proud to call myself an ardent and fervent fan of Mellisai Chakravarthy.

My date of birth: 23 march 1962
Profession: Doctor ( Nephrologist )
Current location: Ireland
Hobbies:Photography, Flying, ,Listening to old Tamil films songs especially by Mellisai Chakravarthy
Favourite singers: TMS, Isai Kuil P Susheela, and PB Srinivas. Though I am an ignoramus in Carnatic music - I enjoy listening to Maharajapuram Santhanam.

Enough said about myself. My main regret is that I was unaware of the existence of this privileged forum. Anyway, better late than never!
As far back as I can remember , I have always adored MSV. In my school days, I used to browse 'Pesum Padam' and 'Bommai' and my eyes would automatically scan for the words 'Mellisai Mannar' or MSViswanathan. Irrespecitve of the actors, I used to wish the film would be a success as long as MSV was the MD. Bit naive but that was the truth. In the late 70s, most of my friends were attracted to the new breed of film songs/music director and I found myself isolated. However, the advent of this new breed only made my admiration for MSV stronger because his songs were always classy even the "dubbanguthu" ones! ( Like Adi ennadi raakkamma). He would have never allowed the lewdness that were creeping into the songs of other MDs esp. in the early 80s. Moreover, he had already proved time and over,to all the doubting Toms that he could come up with 'a la mode' music if needed - e.g. Ninaithale Inikkum. In my humble opinion, he is the most versatile of all music directors past and present. Period. It is a shame that he worked during a period when he did not get the recognition and reward that he would be receiving had be been at his peak NOW. Nevertheless, God Almighty has given him the privilege to work during what I would call the Golden Era in tamil film - the timeless films, stalwarts like Sivaji,MGR, Gemini etc. and most importantly his most cherished association with the immortal and unforgettable songs of Kaviarasar Kannadasan.
I could go on indefinitley... but I will stop for now.

Regards to all,
Daran Pachaiappan
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Dear Doctor Damodaran,

Hearty welcome to this Elite MSV Club! The Club is pleased to have another yet another ardent fan of "Mellisai Mamannar". Please do not stop with just this introduction, but share all the wonderful "MSV" experiences you have had/having in life!

On behalf of the MSVClub, hearty welcome, once again !!!

Very Happy

saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARM WELCOME TO OUR DOCTOR SIR.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Welcome Doc!! Reply with quote

Hi Dr. Damodharan,

Nice to have you here amongst MSV addicts! I was also born in the same year of yours except that I was born on 25th Dec 1962. Great to know your admiration for our Legend. I wish you go thro' our complete site and let us have your feed back in the form of your postings. In case you visit Chennai, please do give us a call so that we could meet and chat in person. Welcome once again Doc.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
CO-MODERATOR
MSVTIMES.COM

madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Speak to Members Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Damodharan ,
Extremely happy to receive you to this elite club. We look forward to such enthusiasts who can wipe off any calculated attempts to play up lesser mortals in eulogy of things "conceived" to have been done "now". The senior people know the truth and it is time they came off their self-imposed shells of silence and make it clear that imitators can not create anything except hype. I hope you recognize the mission we are in.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New Member Reply with quote

Dear Shri Ram, Smt Saradha, Shri Vaidy and Prof Raman,
I am indeed deeply touched by the affection and warmth with which I have been welcomed. I have just started going through the various sections in this forum and I am pleasantly surprised by the gems that I have found. So many thoughts that I wanted to express all these years but never did - they are all expressed so articulately and so beautifully in this forum. I foresee many a dark winter evening spent huddled in front of my computer reading these again and may be again! And I must congratulate wholeheartedly the efforts taken by the core team that has created this website and must be spending a significant time in maintaining/moderating it. And of course to all the fans. At the age of 45, I finally have a group of people with whom I could share my appreciation for the one man whose songs have been with me during happy times and consoled me during the not so happy times. I am also grateful to Vaidy sir for his invitation . I will certainly strive to do so during my next trip to India. i will inform you well in advance.
The rest in my next post.
Thanking you all once again,
Daran Pachaiappan
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearty welcome dear Dr. Pachaiappan Damodaran Very Happy

Really nice to hear from you and about you and your liking for MSV brand of music !

You like vaidy must have seen the best of MSV music live during your school days and we look forward to your thoughts on the wonderful music of the melodoy King MSV . Pls contribute as and when time permits.

Cheers Very Happy Very Happy
msvramki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள டாக்டர் பச்சையப்பன் தாமோதரன்,

எம் எஸ் வி டைம்ஸ் குடும்பம் உங்களை அன்புடன் வரவேற்கிறது !!

இளம்பருவத்திலிருந்து, நம் மெல்லிசைச்சக்கரவர்த்தி தன் இசை வடிவத்தில் உங்களுடனேயே இருந்திருக்கிறார் என்று உங்கள் எழுத்தைப் படிக்கும்போது கண் குளமானது ! ஏனெனில் அதுவேதான் என் அனுபவமும் !! ஏன் நம் எல்லார் அனுபவமும் கூட!!!

அதிலும் பொம்மை போன்ற பத்திரிக்கைகளில் மன்னரின் பெயரைத்தேடுவதாக எழுதியிருப்பது உண்மையிலேயே என்னை உணர்ச்சிவசப்ப்ட வைத்தது ! ஏனென்றால், நானும் இதைச் செய்தவன் ! ( ஏன், இன்றும் எந்தப்பத்திரிக்கையைப் பார்த்தாலும்,
இந்த அவதார புருஷரின் பெயரை ( இருக்க வாய்ப்பு மிகச்சொற்பம் என்று தெரிந்தும் !) தேடுபவன். அந்த அளவு அவர் நம் உணர்வுகளின் உள் பரிமாணங்களைத் தன் இசையால் தொட்டுஇருக்கிறார்.

Welcome again to MSVTIMES family !
Pl continue your postings without break for the benefit of the MSV Rasikaas around the world and the future generation.

Ramki

S Ramakrishnan
Associate Vice President - Information Technology
TAFE, Chennai.
(Mob) 93400 61252---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: