"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ennaipol Oruvan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Ennaipol Oruvan Reply with quote

The other theatre where the movie was released was "Murali Krishna" at Aminjikarai. In fact I saw the movie at this theatre only.

Some intersting information about the movie is that the re-recording of the film was not entirely done by MSV. Many bits were lifted from some Hindi films. Also, the title music used in the movie was same as that of "Sorgam".

Regarding the short English song, "I am a little pot, short & stout" (sung by Saibaba), though a short one, it has been wonderfully composed and touching. It only goes to show that language is not a problem at all for our Legend. Let it be any language, just explain him the situation in the film and he will come out with a great composition. Hats off to our Master.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ENNAIPPOL ORUVAN"

EnnippOl Oruvan is one of the movies, which was under production for a long time. Normally NT's movies are very rare in long term production, but it is one among the rare. It was produced by the famous Director of 60s and early 70s Director. Ramanna under the banner of Sri Vinayaka Productions, after the hit movie 'Sorkkam' by Nadigar Thilagam, and directed by him. Actually it was started in 1971 as soon as Sorkam crossed 100 days. Its songs were popular in 1972 itself in Vividh Bharathi and Radio Ceylon. Due to some unknown problems the shooting was dragged for a long time. After several expectations and several announcements the movie was released in March 18, 1978 after a few days from 'Thiyagam' released. All Shivaji fans were eagerly awaiting this movie, and it did not make the fans and audience disappointed. Because of its full and full entertainment, the shows were run with packed houses in the initial weeks.

Nadigar Thilagam done dual role of SAME AGED TWO PERSONILITIES. Normally NT's dual roles will be father & son in most of the films. But in 'EnnaippOl Oruvan' both are young aged, and give more happiness to watch.

Story line (in short):
One Shivaji (Sekhar) will be the owner of a printing press, possessing some bad habits like drinking and staying with other call girls in hotel in nights, without any responsibility on the family, even when there is aged mother (Rukmani), his wife (Saradha), and two children. Accidentally he met another Shivaji (Sundaramoorthy), who came from his village to buy jewels for his sister's marriage.

Before this meeting, the press manager R.S.Manohar and his friend (MRR Vasu) planned to print 'கள்ள நோட்டு' in his press and for that purpose they want to take out Shivaji to somewhere under their custody. Using the lady-weakness of Sekhar, they use Aalam ('கவர்ச்சி புயல்l' of those days) to kidnap Shivaji. When Sekhar was talking with Sudaramoorthy in hotel room, he receives a phone call from Aalam, inviting him to go to Ooty. Leaving Sundaramoorthy "ambO" in hotel, he gone with her.

In the morning the diriver takes Sundaramurthy to the house of Sekhar, thinking that he is Sekhar. S.Moorthy, on seeing the condition of the family and the affection of the mother, he want to stay there for some time and want to set right everything. Sekhar's wife Laxmi (saradha) and children are happy that her husband/ their dad came to the right path.

When S.Murthy visited the printing press, he understood the bad condition of the press and everybody were cheating Sekhar. On seeing S.Murthy there, the gang of Manohar. Vasu, 'ennathe' kannaiyah get shocked. But soon they understood it is not Sekhar, but somebody in his face, by confirming the truth by phone with Aalam. In the meantime S.Murthy meets Usha Nandhini and she falls in love with him. With the help of her he set right everything and bring back Sekhar, who has forgot the past memory, by a shock that he has killed Ramadoss. (But actually Ramadoss did not die). By using Ramadoss, S.Murthy bring Sekhar to the normal condition. the movie ends with as usual a climax fight, where both Shivaji participate.

What I poured here is just some hints, but the story is well developed with interesting scenes.

Beautiful honey songs tuned by the great 'Mellisai Mannar' are very popular all the time and worth full to hear even now and then. The songs are:

தங்கங்களே... நாளை தலைவர்களே
நம் நாடும் மொழியும் கண்கள்
சிங்கங்களே... வாழும் செல்வங்களே
நம் தேசம் காப்பவர் நீங்கள்

நம் தாத்தா காந்தி மாமா நேரு
தேடிய செல்வங்கள்
பள்ளிச் சாலை தந்தவன் ஏழைத் தலைவனை
தினமும் எண்ணுங்கள்

By TMS (Sundara Moorthy in school parent’s day function)

வேலாலே விழிகள் - இங்கு
ஆலோலம் இசைக்கும்
விழி நூலாலே இடையில்
மன்மதன்... சேனைகள்...
மந்திரம்... பாடிடும்

by TMS & P.Suseela for Shivaji (Sekhar) with Aalam, in Ooty.

"மௌனம் கலைகிறது...மயக்கம் வருகிறது"
By TMS (Sundara Moorthy acting as drunkard in front of Alam)

A nursery rhyme " I am a little tea pot, short and stout" took an important part, Sundara moorthy with the kids of Sekhar, which come three times in the movie in appropriate situations. It was well tuned by Mellisai Mannar and sung by Saibaba.

A nice Camera handling by Rahman. Even it was a long term production, it will not bore in any place, but full of entertainment.

As usual like other NT movies, there is "Dhesiyam" in the songs 'thangangaLE" praising Gandhi, Nehru and Kamaraj.

This movie run normally throughout Tamil Nadu. In Chennai it run for 70 days in Devi Paradise, Agasthiya and Muralikrishna eventhough 'Thiyagam' was running with packed houses at Shanthi, the very next theatre to Devi complex.

It is one of the good entertainment movies of Nadigar Thilagam Shivaji and Mellisai Mannar alliance.

Anything wrong in my writing , please note and I will correct it.

Thanks for reading my post about ‘EnnaippOl oruvan’.
Jeev

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Ennai Pol Oruvan Reply with quote

One more hit song from this film.....

Aanattam Pennatam Neee Aadavendum (TMS)
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regarding ennai pol oruvan i get a feeling that it was delayed but not got released close to the release of thygam.
there must have been some good gap though
correct me mam if i am wrong
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baskar CS wrote:
regarding ennai pol oruvan i get a feeling that it was delayed but not got released close to the release of thygam.
there must have been some good gap though
correct me mam if i am wrong

Thiyagam - released on 04.03.1978 (In Chennai: Shanti, Crown, Bhuvaneswari)

Ennaip pOl oruvan - released on 19.03.1978 (In Chennai: Devi Paradise, Agasthiya, Muralikrihna)

(Both got released within two weeks gap)

Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... me too watched this movie in Muralikrishna only.
This is one of my favourite theatres in those days.
This movie has lovely songs.

Thangangale... has got lovely chorus and a beautiful flute in the interludes.
That Rhyme is also a good one...
Velale - a nice duet
Mounam... a nice western style...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: