"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mayangukiral oru madhu - Paasa Malar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Mayangukiral oru madhu - Paasa Malar Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I am delighted to recall the song Mayangukiral oru maadhu for its grandeur though there are just 4 varities of instruments. I deem it an MD's song, since MSV-TKR have amply demonstrated the art of embellishing a number with the miimum bck up from orchestration. Another dimension of this song is Except Tabla all other instruments figure as preludes , terminal ludes and interludes. The point I wish driving home is the song SQUARELY RESTS ON P.Susheela the singer who has added her own embellishments through vivid pronunciation and voice articulation especially the words ANBAY and ATHTHAAN. MSV -PS is a formidable combination in mesmerising the listener when these words appear in a lyric . I have no hesitation to suggest that P.S has patented all the styles of rendering "Aththan" in a manner that suggests the mood of the situation in all songs.
If we pull out the words 'Aththan , Anbay and those of Pallavi lines, there are just about 7 lines in the text of the song. But, sobre effect has been added by the pleasant tune and just the right ludes and interludes. In the entire song there is just no extra bit of any kind of orchestration. Besides, like in many MMs songs, the play of instruments has been so well planned that the Song FLOWS LIKE A MIGHTY RIVER THAT CARRIES THE SUNSET OR MOON RISE TO GREATER VALUE. Looking at the lyric per se we donot get any serious message, but as a song it is power-personified for its sheer brilliance from the ariculate singing and musical support to the correct basal level. The lyric and orchestration deserve analyses to indicate the efficacy of the authors of the song. For the present, let me just add that Sitar, Violins, flute carry the song supported by Tabla. A song of MM without Bhango -so to say one of those rare numbers.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
baroque

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor, Beautiful write up on a DIVINE MUSICAL!!

I can forever cozy up to this composition.

CLASS CLASS CLASS CLASS CLASS
This composer has high elegance in composing the tunes, fantastic taste in picking up rt instruments, CLASS orchestral presentation !!

GOD BLESS MSV! naan poyee ungaloda movie pakkaporen, You have done it ALL! Just take care of your health! I am very very emotional now..

I am out of here! Sad
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

அருமையான அலசல் ப்ரொஃபஸர்ஜி,

இதை நீங்கள் 'PICK A SONG AND ANALYSE' பகுதியில் போஸ்ட் செய்திருக்கலாம்.

நீங்கள் குறிப்பிட்டபடி 'அன்பே..அன்பே', 'அத்தான்....அத்தான்' என்ற வரிகளை நீக்கி விட்டால் சரணத்தில் ஆறே வரிகள்தான். அருமையாக பாடிய சுசீலாவைக் குறிப்பிட்ட நீங்கள், அற்புதமாக எழுதிய கண்ணதாசனைப்பற்றியும் சொல்லியிருக்கலாம்.

முதலிரவில், மணப்பெண் (M.N.ராஜம்) நாணிக்கோணி வெட்கத்தில் ஆழ்ந்திருக்க, அவள் வெட்கத்தைப்போக்கும் வண்ணம் சாவித்திரி பாடுவதாக அமைந்த இப்பாடலில் எத்தனை நாகரீகமான வரிகளைக் கண்ணதாசன் கையாண்டிருக்கிறார்...

தோழியர் கதை சொல்லித் தரவில்லையா
துணிவில்லையா பயம் விடவில்லையா
நாழிகை செல்வதும் நினைவில்லையா

இதேபோல அடுத்த சரணத்தில்...

பார்வையில் ஆயிரம் கதை சொல்லுவாள்
படித்தவள்தான் அதை மறந்துவிட்டாள்
காதலை நாணத்தில் மறைத்து விட்டாள்

கணவன் (ஜெமினி) சிதார் வாசிக்க சாவித்திரி பாடும்போது, மணவறையின் உள்ளே இருக்கும் M.N.ராஜம் மற்றும் சிவாஜியின் வெட்கம் கலந்த முகபாவங்கள், மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் மனதை உருக்கும் இசைப்பிரவாகம், கண்ணதாசனின் வைர வரிகள், மேஜையில் இருக்கும் (தன் தங்கையும் அவள் கணவனும் சேர்ந்திருக்கும்) புகைப்படத்தை சிவாஜி மறுபக்கம் திருப்பி வைக்கும் பாங்கில் தன் கொடியை உயர பறக்க விட்டிருக்கும் இயக்குனர் பீம்சிங்...........

ஆயிரம்தான் சொல்லுங்கள். திரையுலகின் பொற்காலம் பொற்காலம்தான்.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Pick a Song and Analyze-Mayangukiral oru madhu Reply with quote

Dear SARADAA Mam,
I profusely thank you for your compliments. It was an unplanned slip on my part to have missed Kannadasan for his lyrics. I was too seriously concentrating on the short version tremendously embellished by the least possible varieties of instruments. Therefore the lapse came about. I EARNESTLY REGRET IT. Still, it is more an MDs song by virtue of the tune and orchestration. I hope you would agree with this line of thought. Thank you. Because, I am conscious of my low ability for song analysis I posted under songs composed by MSV- TKR. bUT IT NOW APPEARS IN Pick and Analyze section- may be the moderators have shifted it, by virue of its content notwithstanding the inadequacies thereof.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
Ram

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

It was a great narration and expression on this beautiful number. Reading that I instantly moved to 'Pick a Song and Analyse' section. Awaiting more 'Picks' from you !!!

Very Happy
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: MAYANGUGIRATHU INTHA ULAGAM!!! Reply with quote

Dear Prof Raman,

If there's one song that can literally make the entire world get intoxicated by just sheer music & lyrics, then,, I would blindly vote for this song. Venkat & I day before y'day night played this song and just after the beginning of this song ther will be a sitar piece and that moment I told venkat, appa intha edathil kasu kothuvittu poindey irukkalam, avvalavuthan ellem ithleyey mudichitar MM!!! Melody Generator's yet another Melody!!!

Cheers
MSV IS MELODY
VAIDY
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள புரோஃபசர்,

"மயங்குகிறாள் ஒரு மாது" அலசல் அபாரம்.

பல்லவியிலேயே "....தன் மனதுக்கும் செயலுக்கும் உறவு இல்லாது"
என்று நாயகியின் மயக்கத்தை 'நச்' என்று சொல்லியிருப்பார் கவியரசர். வேறு எந்தக்கவிஞனாலும் நினைக்கக்கூடமுடியாத வர்ணனை !

சாரதா எழுதியிருந்த்து போல், நடிகர்த்திலகத்தின் வெட்கமும், மகிழ்ச்சியும் கலந்த அலட்சிய நடிப்பு, பீம்சிங்கின் டைரக்ஷன் ( அந்த போட்டோ திருப்பிவைக்கும் இடம் - ஆஹா - ஒவ்வொருமுறையும் பலமுறை rewind செய்து ரசித்த காட்சி !), எம் என் ராஜம், சாவித்ரியின் முக பாவங்கள், மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இணையற்ற காட்சி, பாட்டுக்கேற்ற இசை - சொல்லிக்கொண்டே போகலாம்.

தொடர்ந்து அலசுங்கள் புரொபசர் ஐயா !

ராம்கி.
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vairamuthu in a stage: "Nanbargale, neegal yengavathu singam(lion) vetakapattu paarthathunda? Paasamalar paarungal; thanathu muthal iravin pothu Shivaji vetkathodu sirithu naani, thanathu thangaiyin photovai thiruppi vaipar." 200% true. Antha vetkathilum yenna oru gambiram kalanthu irukkum. Ayya Shivaji, Ayya Bhimsingh, antha oru sinna kaatchiyil yenna oru kavithuvam kaatiyirupeer! We are all missing you!

P.Sankar.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful song and nice write up dear Prof Very Happy

The song is comlete in all aspects,

Lovely lyrics by Kavignar, very poetically written without any virasam
Interesting picturisation with Nadigayar Thilagam Savithri and Kadhal mannan GG in the background and the emperor of acting inside with MNRajam .
That particular shot wherein he keeps the photo back is special ! Cheers to Bhimsingh
Above all, the magic of MSV-TKR with simple orchestration and wonderful singing by P.Susheela .

What a combination we had in the 60s , the magnificent 60s !

Thank you very much Prof.
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msvramki wrote:
பல்லவியிலேயே "....தன் மனதுக்கும் செயலுக்கும் உறவு இல்லாது"
என்று நாயகியின் மயக்கத்தை 'நச்' என்று சொல்லியிருப்பார் கவியரசர். வேறு எந்தக்கவிஞனாலும் நினைக்கக்கூடமுடியாத வர்ணனை !

அருமையான நச் வர்ணனைகள், வரிகள்:

"தன் மனதுக்கும் செயலுக்கும் உறவு இல்லா நிலையே மயக்கம்"

"தெளிவாகத் தெரிந்தாலே சித்தாந்தம். தெரியாமல் போனாலே வேதாந்தம்"

"பாதை வகுத்த பின்பு பயந்தென்ன லாபம். பயணம் நடத்தி விடு, மறைந்திடும் பாவம்"

"உனக்கும் கீழே உள்ளவர் கோடி; நினைத்துப் பார்த்து நிம்மதி நாடு"

எப்பேற்பட்ட வரிகள்; எப்பேற்பட்ட இசை!

அருமையான பாடலை நினைவு படுத்திய ப்ரொஃபஸருக்கு நன்றி!
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saradhaa_sn wrote:
கணவன் (ஜெமினி) சிதார் வாசிக்க சாவித்திரி பாடும்போது, மணவறையின் உள்ளே இருக்கும் M.N.ராஜம் மற்றும் சிவாஜியின் வெட்கம் கலந்த முகபாவங்கள், மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் மனதை உருக்கும் இசைப்பிரவாகம், கண்ணதாசனின் வைர வரிகள், மேஜையில் இருக்கும் (தன் தங்கையும் அவள் கணவனும் சேர்ந்திருக்கும்) புகைப்படத்தை சிவாஜி மறுபக்கம் திருப்பி வைக்கும் பாங்கில் தன் கொடியை உயர பறக்க விட்டிருக்கும் இயக்குனர் பீம்சிங்...........

ஆயிரம்தான் சொல்லுங்கள். திரையுலகின் பொற்காலம் பொற்காலம்தான்.

Unmai.....

Unmaiyai thavira verondrumillai.
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram wrote:
அருமையான நச் வர்ணனைகள், வரிகள்:

"தன் மனதுக்கும் செயலுக்கும் உறவு இல்லா நிலையே மயக்கம்"

"தெளிவாகத் தெரிந்தாலே சித்தாந்தம். தெரியாமல் போனாலே வேதாந்தம்"

"பாதை வகுத்த பின்பு பயந்தென்ன லாபம். பயணம் நடத்தி விடு, மறைந்திடும் பாவம்"

"உனக்கும் கீழே உள்ளவர் கோடி; நினைத்துப் பார்த்து நிம்மதி நாடு"

எப்பேற்பட்ட வரிகள்; எப்பேற்பட்ட இசை!

அருமையான பாடலை நினைவு படுத்திய ப்ரொஃபஸருக்கு நன்றி!

One more.....

'Ilamai azhagin iyarkai vadivam
iravai pagalaai ariyum paruvam'

(Poo maalaiyil from OOtyvarai uravu)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: