"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lyrics -Kannanin Sannadhiyil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Lyrics -Kannanin Sannadhiyil Reply with quote

Dear friends,
This number is from ORU KODIYIL IRU MALARGAL rendered by KJ Jesudoss and I trust it is a product of Kannadasan and it has a definite dimension. Though it is one of those SIBLING-AFFECTION songs, by the time it appeared such numbers had become uncommon in Tamil movies. In that genre of songs PAASAMALAR is a reference point. But, this song is as good rendered by an aNNan in heartlty wishing his sister and felling that he has to stand aloof. I have not seen the movie, yet I can infer that the brother comes out with this number on or after the sister's wedding. The lyric is rich in emotion conveyed in down to earth expressions. ANOTHER ASPECT OF THIS SONG IS KJ JESUDOSS has maintained CORRECT PRONUNCIATION THROUGHOUT the song. Now to the lyric.
It actually opens as
Alankara oviyam, Anbenum kaaviyam Annanin thangai Angay
Nalam paadum nenjamay NaaLellam Kondavan Thangaiyin Annan Ingay

KaNNanin Sannadhiyil , Endhan KaN maNi punnagaiyil
Inimale kaalangaL uLLavarai endhan KaNmANikkenna kurai [1]
[Repeats]
Anbu sonna vedham naan anru konda paasam
Engu ninra podhum en eNNam unnai vaazhththum
Annamittai kaigaL naan annai enru sollum
Gangai pola pongum en thangai konda uLLam [2]

Karpanai oru kodi endhan KaN vazhi uruvaagi
Inru soppanam kaaNudhamma
Engo sindhanai odudhamma [2A]
[KaNNanin....]
Maalai soodikkondu En manjaL vaazhai kanru
naaNam kondu ninru naan kaaNa vendum enru
aNNan seydha yaavum nee arindhadhillai inru
kaalam sollakkoodum en uLLam enna enru [3]

Kattilil ore uravu Pinnaal thotttilil ore uravu
Idhu pol 1000 uravu varum
Engay aNNanin ninaivu varum [3A]
[KaNNanin.......]
THE NUMBERING OF Pallavi /CharaNam is for convenience . CharaNam segments 2 and 3 have the same tune settings while 2A and 3A go by different tune settings though identical between themselves. Most probably this was a MATTER FOR METER as the scales are perfectly sustained. THE POWER OF THE LYRIC TAKES CARE OF THE MOOD and MSV has given the right minimum embellishments. This dimension shows that extra ornamentations are done only when the situation permits it. What a pious MD he is, willing to stand at the rear without craving for display of self. In the last charaNm KaNNadasn[?] has precisely drawn the elixir of a man's life when his sister is given away in marriage.All our friends used to ask "Indha KaNNadasanai Enna Seyyalam?"
My submission is "Koil katti Kumbidalam".
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
tvsankar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof ji,
Singer il oru chinna correction.
Indha paatai padiyadhu P.Jayachandran with PS.KJY ilai.

Neenda padalgaluku piragu, en ennam pol oru varthai - ungal writings il.

"AASAMALAR is a reference point. But, this song is as good rendered by an aNNan in heartlty wishing his sister and felling that he has to stand aloof."

Pasa malar - Oru suyanalamana sister ai kaatyiadhu pol oru feelings enaku.Annan idam irundhu Expectation only. Givings ai ninaikadha oru suyanalamana sister character enru feel pannuven.ADhanal indha padam ennai impress seiyavillai.Anna matum uyirai viduvan thangaikaga.

Indha padam parthu naan katra padam andha chinna vayadhilaeyae - Annavai eppodhum expect panna kudadhu.Avanum nammai pola oru jeevan .Naanum avanuku niraiya seiya vendum." enru.

Anal, neengal sonna indha padalil appadi illai. Kalam kadandhalum, Annavai seriyaga purindhu konda thangai.

"Annan seidha yavum en nanmaikaga enru
Kandu konda pinbu naan amaidhi kondadhundu" - Beautiful LYrics.

Promise aga sonnal,. Netru dhan indha pataiyum. Thangaikaga padathil varum "Thayin mugam ingu Nizhaladudhu" padalaiyum solla ninaithen Sir.

( 2 Natkalaga en annavin nyabagam - Engaeyo Malaiyil, Oru Civil Engr aga , kudumbathai vittu pirindhu velai seidhu kondu irukiran.Avan nyabagam vandhal indha 2 padalum udanae manadhil varum Sir.)

THANKS A LOT FOR THE GREAT SONG AND LYRICS.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvsankar wrote:
2 Natkalaga en annavin nyabagam - Engaeyo Malaiyil, Oru Civil Engr aga , kudumbathai vittu pirindhu velai seidhu kondu irukiran.Avan nyabagam vandhal indha 2 padalum udanae manadhil varum Sir.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

டியர் உஷாக்கா....

உங்களுடைய சகோதர பாசம் என்னை மெய்சிலிர்க்க வைத்தது. அண்ணன்களிடம் இருந்து முடிந்தவரை பிடுங்கிக்கொள்ள வேண்டும் என்று எண்ணுகின்ற பெரும்பாலான தங்கைகள் வாழ்கின்ற இன்றைய நாளில், அண்னன் மீது நீங்கள் கொண்டுள்ள பாசத்துக்கு இந்தப்பாடல் சமர்ப்பணம்....

படம்: அண்ணன் ஒரு கோயில்
பாடல் : கவியரசர் கண்ணதாசன்
இசை: மெல்லிசை மாமன்னர்
பாடியவர்: இசைக்குயில் பி.சுசீலா
நடித்தவர்கள்: நடிகர் திலகம், சுமித்ரா, ஜெய்கணேஷ்

அண்ணன் ஒரு கோயில் என்றால் தங்கை ஒரு தீபமன்றோ
அன்று சொன்ன வேதமென்றோ அதன் பேர் பாசமன்றோ

பொன்னை வைத்த இடத்தினிலே பூவைத்துப் பார்ப்பதற்கு
அண்ணனன்றி யாரும் உன்டோ பின்னும் ஒரு சொந்தமுண்டோ
அதன் பேர் பாசமன்றோ

தொட்டிலிட்ட தாயுமில்லை தோளிலிட்ட தந்தை இல்லை
கண் திறந்த நேரமுதல் கைகொடுத்த தெய்வமன்றோ
அதன் பேர் பாசமன்றோ

கண்ணன் மொழி கீதை என்று க்ற்றவர்கள் சொன்னதுன்டு
அந்த மொழி எனக்கெதற்கு அண்ணன் மொழி கீதையன்றோ

அதன் பேர் பாசமன்றோ

அன்று சொன்ன வேதமென்றோ அதன் பேர் பாசமன்றோ
அண்ணன் ஒரு கோயில் என்றால் தங்கை ஒரு தீபமன்றோ..
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Lyrics -Kannanin Sannadhiyil Reply with quote

Dear Usha madam,
I have referred to the song Kannanin sannadhiyil sung by KJJ. To be frank my wife scribed the lyric by repeatedly hearing the song. In fact, this is available to us from the DVD I got from the core crew of MSV Times.com. The DVD also carries the name Jesudoss. In this number only the brother sings the song. May be in the same movie, there is another song by P Jeyachandran PS. So we are referring to similar pieces though not to the same number. We would wait for someone to set matters right. Only after listening the song for the structure and organization, I attempted the compilation. Anyway it opened up the occasion to discuss a few more points other than learning of your affection to your brother. Doff worries, your affection would take care of him despite the distance.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof.

Kannan sannadhiyil is a beautiful melody; by the Master. I remember watching Jaishankar singing , playing the brother’s role . This was sung by Jayachandran only . Pls listen to the lyrics ….. Maalai soodikonda en.. you will realize that its JC’s voice .
vishwas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Hello there! Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

There are 2 versions of the song "Kannanin sannadhiyil" ;one sung by KJJ (this starts with "alankara oviam" and this is SOLO) and another by JC (this starts without the verse, and I believe PS joins here; she will sing "indha kanmanikenna kurai"). Hope I am not dreaming.

regards
-Vishwas
tvsankar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" அண்னன் மீது நீங்கள் கொண்டுள்ள பாசத்துக்கு இந்தப்பாடல் சமர்ப்பணம்....

படம்: அண்ணன் ஒரு கோயில்
பாடல் : கவியரசர் கண்ணதாசன்
இசை: மெல்லிசை மாமன்னர்
பாடியவர்: இசைக்குயில் பி.சுசீலா
நடித்தவர்கள்: நடிகர் திலகம், சுமித்ரா, ஜெய்கணேஷ் "

Dear Saradha,
Thanks for your nice response.

THANKS A LOT FOR THE ANOTHER GEM FROM OUR MSV. Indha paatum ennudaiya most favourite no.

Beautiful composition MM. Padathin sister character ku yetra lyrics.

"Kannan mozhi Geethai enru
Katravaral sonnadhundu
Adnha mozhi enakedharku
Annan mozhi Geethai anro
Adhan per pasamanro" - V.V.V. NIce lyric and soft composition.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Last edited by tvsankar on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
tvsankar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof ji,
Thanks for your response.

Neenga sonna padalum iruku.Naan sonna padalum iruku. I am sure.
Anal JC and Ps version - engayum ketka mudiyavillai.LInk um kidaikavillai.

En manadhil padhindhu irukum isaiyum. varthaigalum, JC and PS in voice um - Padalin composition value vai feel panna vaikiradhu.

Dear Vishwas,
Hope I am not dreaming. - Yes. Neenga dream pannalai.Padal nijam.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
A.SURI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

A kind request to all fans. Before writing any song, please check who has written the songs, singer's name etc. In these discussion forums, writers repeatedly make mistakes about lyrist's name. Any good songs, people tend to give credit to kannadasan. Kannanin sannatheyil was wonderfully written by Valee. Infact, Oru kodiyel eru malargal's story,dialogues and songs were written by Valee.

A.SURI
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Kannanin sannadiyil, Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Suri,
Thank you for pointing out the error on the lyricist. It is never our attempt to rob someone of the due credit to him /her. There are real problems for ascertaining the authorship except by cross verifying the song book and the graphite reccords. With the advent of tapes and CDs nothing can be verified. You may be aware that several ht movies of MSV have been ascribed to IR and TV comperes announce purely on conjectures. Any way it is sensible to verify facts. When verification is not feasible better not to acknowledge anyone, by using a generic expression "Lyricist" as a bland reference it would suffice. I tender profuse apologies to everyone for my error and hope to keep off controversial issues. Thank you
Warm regards Prof.K.RAMAN MADURAI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: